Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Watch:: 8-6 KIRK FOR MVP! CHECK FOR PEDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Yet another reason why we are the Rams - the worst franchise in the NFL.

Are you forgetting about the team we spanked just yesterday?

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

we also beat the skins lol..

I can't wait for that Sophmore slump.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

I may or may not have been intoxicated while writing that. Laughing

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
BigJohnson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Dont hold your breath buddy. The sophomore slump argument to slight RG3 is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on FF. Literally laugh every time I see it thrown out there as a way to discredit him, because it's so obvious it is rooted out of jealousy. He's a great player that is playing exceptional as a rookie. Why do people have to put him down because of it? There are countless examples of second year QBs playing much better than their rookie years. It's what is SUPPOSED to happen. Sure, he could have a sophomore slump. But I find it hilarious that people would actually say, "can't wait for that sophomore slump," as if it's some inevitable thing that happens to every player. Keep dreaming ramster, those first round picks probably won't be very high.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJohnson wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Dont hold your breath buddy. The sophomore slump argument to slight RG3 is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on FF. Literally laugh every time I see it thrown out there as a way to discredit him, because it's so obvious it is rooted out of jealousy. He's a great player that is playing exceptional as a rookie. Why do people have to put him down because of it? There are countless examples of second year QBs playing much better than their rookie years. It's what is SUPPOSED to happen. Sure, he could have a sophomore slump. But I find it hilarious that people would actually say, "can't wait for that sophomore slump," as if it's some inevitable thing that happens to every player. Keep dreaming ramster, those first round picks probably won't be very high.

I'm glad you're here keeping an eye.. Dude stop it, People said the same thing about Cam and we all didn't believe it either.

BigJohnson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
BigJohnson wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

I'm glad you're here keeping an eye.. Dude stop it, People said the same thing about Cam and we all didn't believe it either.

But since when is Cam the benchmark for judging the trajectory of all QB's? It's just another meaningless thing to say in order to provide hope of getting a better draft pick. Way more QB's have better second years than rookie years. He very well could have a sophomore slump. But it sure as hell won't be because Cam had a tough second year. I personally don't think there is any way that Griffin will regress. Just a special player that will only continue to grow and mature.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol we all thought the same. It's natural man, You'll come back to earth HARD.. Just be ready my good man, Make some sigges as well Wink

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the topic of young franchise quarterbacks and sophmore slumps (Bradford definitely had his), what if Bradford isnt the answer at QB?

Im not saying he is or isnt, I would love more than anything if he is and while he can make ALL the throws... What is the timeframe for cutting ties or not? He has been through alot, bad OL, multiple O Coordinators and an average receiving core. With all that said he just SEEMS to lack whatever it is that is needed to make that last step. And of course his contact is worth a fortune.

Like I said, I am not rooting against him in any way just trying to think about the possibility. So what do you guys think? And if he isnt the answer... How much longer do they keep paying him?

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's gonna play out his contract. Personally don't know much about next years QB class, unless Boyd stays at Clemson, but I think that's the earliest we would draft a QB is in 2014.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJohnson wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Eh, bad teams have to have SOMETHING to look forward to. Dont take that from us bro =)

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
While we are on the topic of young franchise quarterbacks and sophmore slumps (Bradford definitely had his), what if Bradford isnt the answer at QB?

Im not saying he is or isnt, I would love more than anything if he is and while he can make ALL the throws... What is the timeframe for cutting ties or not? He has been through alot, bad OL, multiple O Coordinators and an average receiving core. With all that said he just SEEMS to lack whatever it is that is needed to make that last step. And of course his contact is worth a fortune.

Like I said, I am not rooting against him in any way just trying to think about the possibility. So what do you guys think? And if he isnt the answer... How much longer do they keep paying him?

While its a very unpopular topic, I'm thinking the same thing. I just dont see him as being the franchise saviour anymore at this point. Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't. I'm ALL about supporting him and hope beyond all hope he is. I just haven't seen it yet and am really looking longingly at the most recent crop of rookie QB's.

Now, everyone has every excuse in the book to suggest Bradford has had a really raw deal, and, in truth, perhaps he has. Just can't help but see Luck and RG3 doing better as rookies then our 3rd year 1st overall pick QB and they have similar levels of talent as we have had IMO.

I don't see much happening until his contract is up, as it essentially prevents us from doing anything until its off the books, but I also don't see any current QB's in college that are sure fire franchise QB's. I wouldn't be shocked if we took a QB in this years draft to develop.

Once again, let me say, I WANT him to be our franchise QB.

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

While its a very unpopular topic, I'm thinking the same thing. I just dont see him as being the franchise saviour anymore at this point. Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't. I'm ALL about supporting him and hope beyond all hope he is. I just haven't seen it yet and am really looking longingly at the most recent crop of rookie QB's.

Now, everyone has every excuse in the book to suggest Bradford has had a really raw deal, and, in truth, perhaps he has. Just can't help but see Luck and RG3 doing better as rookies then our 3rd year 1st overall pick QB and they have similar levels of talent as we have had IMO.

I don't see much happening until his contract is up, as it essentially prevents us from doing anything until its off the books, but I also don't see any current QB's in college that are sure fire franchise QB's. I wouldn't be shocked if we took a QB in this years draft to develop.

Once again, let me say, I WANT him to be our franchise QB.

But Luck-RG haven't had a revolving door at Oline. Please tell me when was the last time Sam had his original starting line up? Not to mention 3 OC's and surrounded by 3-4 WR's forced to play the number 1 role.

While you guys look at Date, I look at the film.. Dude has been getting better and more confident. He might not a top 3 QB. But he has a chance to squeeze in the elites. He has amazing QB accuracy, and you can't doubt that when he's on we are a different team. Games vs the Niners-Broncos-Redskins-Cards those are just flashes, Flashes of greatness. When he plays up to his skill the dude looks like Brady out there. He has been improving everything. Remember his Rookie year and second year? His passes would get batted down the LOS all the time. He would hold onto to the ball for a while. His accuracy on the run is a thing of beauty.

You guys are stuck with the stats. But I feel good about Sam going forward. His deepball is just GORGEOUS, We could have beat the Niners but Gibson ruined it for us. He plays better vs tougher opponents and his 4th qtr numbers are dammmm good. This isn't Alex Smith here, Sam isn't a dink and dunker! He is a guy who can win you some games as well as lose them. We are just too young right now, Youngest team to be exact. I know we all want results! But it really does take time. We have the D in place. Now we are just re-tooling the O, We now have a reliable Coaching Staff. The difference between last year and this year are night and day. We actually have Run Blocking!?!?!?! Sam was given time and his WR's got some separation.

Lance Kendricks is stepping up!
Chris Givens seems to be a steal and Mike Wallace 2.0
Quick is a work in progress.
Amendola is here for the long run.

Were going to have 2 first this year and Keenan Allen seems like
a possibility. Sam is getting much much better as the year goes by.
He's having a solid year.. I do see a franchise QB in him, He does play with my emotions at time! He's that Jerk BF who cheats on me but I'll stay with him because I love him Laughing

He has been beaten up but he stays in the pocket. He's not scared and again He's money..

You guys say Luck and RG. But just wait till they struggle, Just look at Cam and Ginger. They were the talk last year.

Btw, Remember when Sam was making Clayton look like a legit WR? then Injuries killed him and our O?

That's when you know you have a special QB. When you can resurrect someones career like that.

jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

I think the question is, what were Bradford's expectations come into this year?

What did you expect from him? If you consider his play after the bye week and think he'll continue along about the same consistent path then his numbers at the end of the season will look something like:
305/516
59.1%
3540 yards
6.9 YPA
24 passing TDs
12 interceptions
85.7 QB Rating

Are those numbers above or below your expectations of him prior to the season?

Flatlyner wrote:

Every time I read this, this burns me up. Yes, RGIII is doing better but he's doing better than a large number of QBs. But Luck? Come on. That's bull. Bradford's QBR is over 7 points higher, he's thrown for more TDs and less ints. If you want to include Luck's rushing TDs, he has 18 TDs to 18 TOs while Bradford had 15 TDs to 10 TOs.

Luck isn't outplaying Bradford.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are rooting for:

BUF (4-7) vs. JAC (2-9)
SEA (6-5) vs. CHI (8-3)
DET (4-7) vs. IND (7-4)
MIN (6-5) vs. GB (7-4)
TEN (4-7) vs. HOU (10-1)
CAR (3-Cool vs. KC (1-10)
MIA (5-6) vs. NE (8-3)
ARI (4-7) vs. NYJ (4-7) (we want Arizona because NYJ have a substantially easier remaining schedule)

Afternoon Games:
TB (6-5) vs. DEN (8-3)
SD (4-7) vs. CIN (6-5)
PIT (6-5) vs. BAL (9-2)
Tossup between CLE (3-Cool vs. OAK (3-Cool

Primetime Games:
PHI (3-Cool vs. DAL (5-6)
and, obviously, NYG (7-4) vs. WAS (5-6)

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
We are rooting for:

BUF (4-7) vs. JAC (2-9)
SEA (6-5) vs. CHI (8-3)
DET (4-7) vs. IND (7-4)
MIN (6-5) vs. GB (7-4)
TEN (4-7) vs. HOU (10-1)
CAR (3-Cool vs. KC (1-10)
MIA (5-6) vs. NE (8-3)
ARI (4-7) vs. NYJ (4-7) (we want Arizona because NYJ have a substantially easier remaining schedule)

Afternoon Games:
TB (6-5) vs. DEN (8-3)
SD (4-7) vs. CIN (6-5)
PIT (6-5) vs. BAL (9-2)
Tossup between CLE (3-Cool vs. OAK (3-Cool

Primetime Games:
PHI (3-Cool vs. DAL (5-6)
and, obviously, NYG (7-4) vs. WAS (5-6)
At half update:
BUF up 4 on JAC
SEA up 3 on CHI
DET up 9 on IND
MIN up 4 on GB
TEX up 18 on TEN
KC up 3 on CAR
NE up 7 on MIA
ARI up 3 on NYJ

Not bad.

Title Town USA wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 16 of 28

Jump to: