Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Watch:: 8-6 KIRK FOR MVP! CHECK FOR PEDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
I still want Stedman Bailey. I'm on the Chance Warmack bandwagon in the first though.

Personally, I want a big boy but I'm going to check out Markus Wheaton. I've heard amazing things about him. I've also heard that he beat De'Anthony Thomas in the 100 Meter Dash this year in track.

A guy who really respected compared him to Isaac Bruce, that's high praise so I'm definitely going to check out his game.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think Roger Saffold and Scott Wells are going to mean to this OL and the team the rest of the year...Are they going to do something that makes us know something going into the draft. I for one have been amazed at how well our OL coach has been able to interchange parts and put things together that has given us success.

Is Shelley Smith going to continue starting at LG, are they going to go to Robert Turner there? The young pick up we have waiting in the wings...? What do we have in store.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
What do you think Roger Saffold and Scott Wells are going to mean to this OL and the team the rest of the year...Are they going to do something that makes us know something going into the draft. I for one have been amazed at how well our OL coach has been able to interchange parts and put things together that has given us success.

Is Shelley Smith going to continue starting at LG, are they going to go to Robert Turner there? The young pick up we have waiting in the wings...? What do we have in store.

Having a real OL coach has really showed it's difference, same injuries last year and this team would be easily 0-8 but we're fighting through it. I think if we can see some real performance and great O line work we might only draft 1 O line next year.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY OFF THIS TOPIC:

But I think I just saw Steven Jackson at the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Utah Jazz game. He was in the background of a close shot.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if by some miracle of the football gods the redskins give us a top 5 pick and we get Jarvis Jones?!?!? Shocked Very Happy
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
What if by some miracle of the football gods the redskins give us a top 5 pick and we get Jarvis Jones?!?!? Shocked Very Happy

Would it be weird to say thay Im not as high on him as most are? If the defense ran a 3-4 then maybe, but idk I just dont see it. He is extremely athletic and strong for his size but still dont think he warrants a top 5 pick for a 4-3.

I spent about the last couplr hours finally getting a little free time to watch some game film on some top prospects and here are some things I took away...

Robert Woods- Not as impressed as I thought I would be, gets physically abused, not as fast as I thought and not as good of hands as I thought. Still runs stupidly good routes though.

Keenan Allen- Confirmed what I thought... IMO he is the best WR in this class and perhaps even last years as well. Worthy of a top 10 pick imo. The fact that he was on a below average team with a below average qb and defenses knew he was going to be the go to guy and still couldnt really stop him. Plays fast, plays angry and all the meantime being smooth as velvet with some serious speed to go with it.

Luke Joeckel- The most athletic of the first round OL prospects and probably the best technically but still not sure if I would trust him at LT in the NFL just yet. Gets thrown around a bit probably needs to bulk up. Plays a tad soft for my liking.

Taylor Lewan- Possibly a better fit for RT but not a bad LT at all. Plays like he wants to punish his opponent and I love it, however sometimes gets overly aggressive and lunges along with missing his block. Very strong and athletic but a little raw.

Chance Warmack- All I know is... The dude doesnt fit into his jersey, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. He is ugly... slow... And STRONG. Does an excellent job in both pass and run blocking. Its hard to tell sometimes though because Bama's whole line is so good, but overall id say he is the safest bet and if he lost a little weight could probably be even better.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:

I think it makes a world of difference. Part of our OL's issues this year has been that they aren't on the same page. Scott Wells is the type of guy that can make sure everyone is lined up correctly and on the same page. As for Saffold, he's our best LT so he'll make a difference. It'll allow us to use Kendricks more as a receiver.

Either ways, getting our 2 best OLs back will make a huge difference.

Are both going to play against SF?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Would it be weird to say thay Im not as high on him as most are? If the defense ran a 3-4 then maybe, but idk I just dont see it. He is extremely athletic and strong for his size but still dont think he warrants a top 5 pick for a 4-3.

I spent about the last couplr hours finally getting a little free time to watch some game film on some top prospects and here are some things I took away...

Robert Woods- Not as impressed as I thought I would be, gets physically abused, not as fast as I thought and not as good of hands as I thought. Still runs stupidly good routes though.

Keenan Allen- Confirmed what I thought... IMO he is the best WR in this class and perhaps even last years as well. Worthy of a top 10 pick imo. The fact that he was on a below average team with a below average qb and defenses knew he was going to be the go to guy and still couldnt really stop him. Plays fast, plays angry and all the meantime being smooth as velvet with some serious speed to go with it.

Luke Joeckel- The most athletic of the first round OL prospects and probably the best technically but still not sure if I would trust him at LT in the NFL just yet. Gets thrown around a bit probably needs to bulk up. Plays a tad soft for my liking.

Taylor Lewan- Possibly a better fit for RT but not a bad LT at all. Plays like he wants to punish his opponent and I love it, however sometimes gets overly aggressive and lunges along with missing his block. Very strong and athletic but a little raw.

Chance Warmack- All I know is... The dude doesnt fit into his jersey, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. He is ugly... slow... And STRONG. Does an excellent job in both pass and run blocking. Its hard to tell sometimes though because Bama's whole line is so good, but overall id say he is the safest bet and if he lost a little weight could probably be even better.

Woods has had an ongoing ankle problem all year this year, thats prolly why he has been looking slow.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man o man. My buddy is a huge Redskins fan is so mad at loosing all these picks. He said no matter how great RG has been, That they should have kept the pick and draft Mo. That there Defense would keep them away from winning games. Also, how the Skins need to fire Mike, He's just bad....... Very bad for that team, This is a stable Skins fan as well. Not those guys who cry about everything.

That RG trade might haunt them for a few years.

BBL
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the comment about Woods' ankle issues... I know all about it, i watched film from last year as well along with being a die hard Trojan fan I stay pretty current with them to say the least.

I love Woods and until i really watched some game film, I couldnt decide who I liked more... Woods or Allen. And after watching, even I the Trojan fan, like Allen more.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Im pretty much with you on all of these write ups. How about looking at like some defensive guy. Star, Reid, Montgomery, and possibly Jarvis Jones. Thats just if we are looking at1st round guys.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Man o man. My buddy is a huge Redskins fan is so mad at loosing all these picks. He said no matter how great RG has been, That they should have kept the pick and draft Mo. That there Defense would keep them away from winning games. Also, how the Skins need to fire Mike, He's just bad....... Very bad for that team, This is a stable Skins fan as well. Not those guys who cry about everything.

Seriously? I keep looking at it thinking that they made a pretty solid deal. They have one of the most dangerous QB's in the NFL... as a rookie. Had they not lost their best defensive player for the year, and a few other contributors, they'd be doing a bit better. I think their QB situation is more stable then ours and they won't need to even think about a QB for 10 years.

They got off easy this draft, as I think it looks pretty weak in comparison to last years and years prior to that.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Seriously? I keep looking at it thinking that they made a pretty solid deal. They have one of the most dangerous QB's in the NFL... as a rookie. Had they not lost their best defensive player for the year, and a few other contributors, they'd be doing a bit better. I think their QB situation is more stable then ours and they won't need to even think about a QB for 10 years.

They got off easy this draft, as I think it looks pretty weak in comparison to last years and years prior to that.

Yeah Id have to agree, I think it was a good deal for both sides. This years draft class is very similar to last years IMO. Not much Elite talent but lots and lots of very good talent.

In regards to doing some film watching on some of those guys, I most certainly will. Probably tonight or tomorrow hopefully.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Yeah Id have to agree, I think it was a good deal for both sides. This years draft class is very similar to last years IMO. Not much Elite talent but lots and lots of very good talent.

That's how I feel too. In a sense all the Skins gave up was three players/picks. The chances of one of those picks having any impact as big as RGIII are relatively small (outside of drafting another quarterback). Can a lineman, DB, linebacker really change a team around like a franchise QB? Not very likely.

What's really going to hurt the teams, player acquasition is the salary cap hit. The draft picks they gave up could've been addressed via free agency. Now with the reduced cap it will be very difficult. But that's only in the short term. In 2015 the Skins will have a first round pick and have a full SC (who the coach is then remains to be seen). And RG3 will have more experience, and hopefully, entering his prime. If Shanahan doesn't get him killed running so much. Confused

I think both teams came out ahead in this deal.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Yeah Id have to agree, I think it was a good deal for both sides. This years draft class is very similar to last years IMO. Not much Elite talent outside of the QB position but lots and lots of very good talent.

In regards to doing some film watching on some of those guys, I most certainly will. Probably tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

FIFY-at least in regards to last year's draft.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 10 of 28

Jump to: