Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Watch:: 8-6 KIRK FOR MVP! CHECK FOR PEDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emcee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to ESPN, 6-8 months barring any setbacks and should be ready for the season opener. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy, I read much worse prognosis last night (full next season), and wake up this morning and he's going to be ready for opening day? Nuts.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
According to ESPN, 6-8 months barring any setbacks and should be ready for the season opener. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I dont know who at The Mothership was saying this, because their injury guy was talking on the radio this morning that people expecting him to be ready to go to start the season (ala Peterson) are fooling themselves.

AP is the exception, not the rule, many guys need a full year just to start feeling like themselves again. The 6-8 month window was recovery time, as in how long it could take for him to be even jogging, not anywhere close to football shape, to be taking hits.

He could be ready for the opener, he could miss half the season. he could come back "fully healthy & better than ever" as some like to spin it, or he could never be the same again. We wont know til much further down the line.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Emcee wrote:
I dont know who at The Mothership was saying this, because their injury guy was talking on the radio this morning that people expecting him to be ready to go to start the season (ala Peterson) are fooling themselves.

AP is the exception, not the rule, many guys need a full year just to start feeling like themselves again.
Quote:
The 6-8 month window was recovery time, as in how long it could take for him to be even jogging, not anywhere close to football shape, to be taking hits.

He could be ready for the opener, he could miss half the season. he could come back "fully healthy & better than ever" as some like to spin it, or he could never be the same again. We wont know til much further down the line.

Even that seems to be a pretty aggresive time-table approach. I've seen/heard a couple other orthopedic surgeons say around the 10th month is when they project the "start" of getting back to physical activity...

Like you said though, we won't find out for sure anytime soon...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Emcee wrote:

AP is the exception, not the rule, many guys need a full year just to start feeling like themselves again. The 6-8 month window was recovery time, as in how long it could take for him to be even jogging, not anywhere close to football shape, to be taking hits.

Even that seems to be a pretty aggressive time-table approach. I've seen/heard a couple other orthopedic surgeons say around the 10th month is when they project the "start" of getting back to physical activity...

Like you said though, we won't find out for sure anytime soon...
Oh I agree, but Im giving these people a the benefit of the doubt on their "reporting" that the 6-8 month window is the start of physical rehab, and thats with a superior athlete.

Im going to keep pointing out that "Recovery time" and Rehab time" are not the same thing, and I can easily see where an overly zealous reporter trying to break a story would not get clarification of the 2.

To say you expect Griffin to be ready to go for the season opener, that means you are expecting back-to-back miraculous come back/recoveries from almost the same injury (AP this year, RG3 next). You cant seriously expect that.

Id like to also point out the difference in body type between Peterson & Griffin. Adrian is build like a Thoroughbred, just a monster and a freak. Griffin's abilities are special, but he is built like a cheetah, lean & strong but not thick & muscular. That is going to play a major factor in his rehab.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: