Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
My man crush this year is Ezekiel Ansah. That man is a beast, and has an incredible amount of potential. He is 6' 6" and has sprinters speed and superb athleticism. He is also very versatile, and could play where Big Red is playing right now, or replace Jason Jones as a 5-tech and provide some interior pass rush.

Ill just go through and rattl off my favorite prospects at positions of need, in order.

WR:
Justin Hunter
Cordarelle Patterson
Terrance Williams

WLB:
Sean Porter
Chase Thomas
Kam Chancellor :D

DL:
Ezekiel Ansah
Sheldon Richardson
Daton Jones (great fit, but Im torn on how I like him as a prospect)

Havent scouted Guard or Right Tackle yet.

I like ansah too, a little raw but I'm not even sure hell be there at 25, might see a top20grade on him easy post-combine.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
My man crush this year is Ezekiel Ansah. That man is a beast, and has an incredible amount of potential. He is 6' 6" and has sprinters speed and superb athleticism. He is also very versatile, and could play where Big Red is playing right now, or replace Jason Jones as a 5-tech and provide some interior pass rush.

Ill just go through and rattl off my favorite prospects at positions of need, in order.

WR:
Justin Hunter
Cordarelle Patterson
Terrance Williams

WLB:
Sean Porter
Chase Thomas
Kam Chancellor Very Happy

DL:
Ezekiel Ansah
Sheldon Richardson

I like ansah too, a little raw but I'm not even sure hell be there at 25, might see a top20grade on him easy post-combine.

Im in love with Zeke Ansah but like you said I doubt he is there when we pick.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy who I would love to take a look at in the later rounds is Syracuse DT Deon Goggins . Being a Syracuse fan I watched every game and he is heck of a ball player. He gets alot of pressure and I think he would be a nice rotational piece for our DL. He is projected to go undrafted right now but With all star games and pro days and such I think he will end up being a 6th round prospect.

#JDI
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

WR:
Justin Hunter
Cordarelle Patterson
Terrance Williams

WLB:
Sean Porter
Chase Thomas
Kam Chancellor Very Happy

DL:
Ezekiel Ansah
Sheldon Richardson

Yeah, in the mocks he has been all over the board from the mid second round to a top-10 pick Shocked

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
canucks9314

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
In his 1st mock draft Mel Kiper has us taking John Jenkins DT Georgia.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8846701/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-first-mock-draft

I don't have insider. could you copy and paste his explanation for the Hawks' pick?

Here you go:

Quote:
Analysis: John Schneider and Pete Carroll showed great instincts in the 2012 draft, adding players they felt could help them immediately, even as analysts (myself included) questioned slot value. The defense was very good this past season, but I think an interior defender who can occupy blockers, occasionally penetrate and even wreck the pocket from the inside is a need. Jenkins was a little uneven at times in 2012, but has the upside of an impact interior lineman.

Thanks. I don't like Jenkins for this team. we need penetration not a clogger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to do mocks anymore when 1) I know it'll be nothing like how things will go 2) I trust this FO no matter who they pick 3) Who cares here's my mock:

Dream Scenario, tried to be realistic

1. Barrett Jones, OG Alabama
2. Chase Thomas, SLB Stanford
3*. Da'Rick Rogers, WR TTech
3. John Simon, DE OhSU
4. Jordan Reed, TE Florida
*5. Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
5. Ryan Nassib, QB Syracuse
6. John Boyett S, Oregon
*6. Marquise Goodwin WR, Texas
7. Greg Blair, LB Cincy

3rd=Trade Matt Flynn
5th=Oak Trade
6th=Carlson Comp

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
It's hard to do mocks anymore when 1) I know it'll be nothing like how things will go 2) I trust this FO no matter who they pick 3) Who cares here's my mock:

3. John Simon, DE OhSU
6. John Boyett S, Oregon
7. Greg Blair, LB Cincy

3rd=Trade Matt Flynn
5th=Oak Trade
6th=Carlson Comp

I love it but there is NO WAY we get Nassib in Round 5. He is a lock to go to Buffalo in Round 2 maybe even earlier.

#JDI
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

3. John Simon, DE OhSU
6. John Boyett S, Oregon
7. Greg Blair, LB Cincy

3rd=Trade Matt Flynn
5th=Oak Trade
6th=Carlson Comp

1.) Jones' versatility is nice, but unless your last name is Warmack, you shouldn't be drafted by Seattle in the 1st with Tom Cable running things on this O-Line.
2.) Thomas has been disappointing from what I have seen and read. Not really liking the idea of him in Seattle before the 4th round.
3.) Da'Rick would be a great pick. Good size, not afraid of contact. He'd be a steal in the 3rd round.
3b.) Where do you see Simon playing? He's not quick enough to be a LEO, nor big enough to play Red's role. This would be a wasted pick IMO.
4.) I like this pick, however, if possible, I'd like to get Jared Cook for this exact role (Athletic TE that could line up wide). If we can't land him, Reed would be the ideal consolation prize.
5.) He won't fall this far, especially with how he's looked at the senior bowl. Someone is going to reach for him.

The rest is meh. Not trying to pick your mock apart, just my opinion. I am sure it will differ from many others. I will post my dream scenerio later when I have a bit more time.
PrepNwa23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys I'm high right now granted some of these players would have no spot on the team, the short list is -

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina - I just really like the guy.
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan -
Lane Johnson OT/OG Oklahoma
Kyle Long OT Oregon
Datone Jones UCLA DE
Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
Desmond Trufant CB Washington
jimbojones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s a pre-Combine (just), and more importantly pre-FA, 4 round mock. It’s tough doing it at this point as you are literally trying to fill every need, which is clearly impossible, even for a fairly complete team like the Seahawks. Let me know what you think!

1) Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue – This is the guy I keep coming back to at #25. Sometimes you can overthink this stuff and try and be too clever. We need some inside pass rush and we don’t want to compromise run defence. Short can do it all. He’s not the prototypical 3-tech, but he’s a huge upgrade to Branch in terms of generating disruption, but he’s also stout enough to hold up against the run. Slotting him in for Branch should markedly improve our ability to collapse the pocket in base D.

2) Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State – In an ideal world I’d want another 6-4+ guy to match with Rice, but this draft is just incredibly light on those sorts of receivers. What it has loads of is shorter, faster, technically competent guys (Wheaton, Hopkins, Bailey), so I say when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Wheaton is a dynamic playmaker, better blocker than his height/weight would indicate and can be used as a deep threat or creatively from the backfield. He’d also give us one thing this offence lacks – real speed. If we’re lucky enough for him to be there at #56, I’d run to the podium.

3) Zavier Gooden, LB, Missouri – Athletic WLB prototype that would continue the Seahawks’s recent trend of drafting well for LBs in the middle rounds. WLB is a need, but I struggle to get on board with spending a Rd1/Rd2 pick here. There are more pressing needs. However, there is some real value lower in the draft, and bringing in Gooden to compete with Smith and Toomer (remember him?) would be a great move. He’s a sideline to sideline player, great tackler and instinctive: you can’t ask for much more with a 3rd round pick.

4) Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee – Smaller (6-3) Joker TE who has great hands, is a smooth (if not particularly sudden) athlete, and a willing blocker. We’d obviously use him primarily in 2 TE sets with Miller, and I love the mix of skills within a core of Miller, McCoy and Rivera. Also in a draft class that doesn’t have a huge number of big receivers, getting a bigger target for Wilson to work with makes sense, regardless of position.

For Rounds 5-7 (I think we have 6 picks across those 3 rounds) I’d say the priorities are 1) a OT who can back up Okung and push Giacomini for a starting job in time, 2) a backup LEO given Clemons’s uncertain status and Irvin’s anonymity in the Falcons game when given a starting role, 3) a big receiver who can at least compete with recently signed Stephen Williams for that last spot on the receiver core, and 4) DBs – we’ll probably need a nickel corner if Trufant goes, and we could use some more insurance at FS behind Thomas.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrepNwa23 wrote:
The guys I'm high right now granted some of these players would have no spot on the team, the short list is -

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina - I just really like the guy.
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan -
Lane Johnson OT/OG Oklahoma
Kyle Long OT Oregon
Datone Jones UCLA DE
Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
Desmond Trufant CB Washington

Didn't he blowout his knee this year?, I don't watch much college football so forgive the question, it's just a lack of knowledge.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth Chart:

Offense:

QB: Russell Wilson, Colt McCoy, Matt Scott
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Leon Washington
FB: Michael Robinson
WR: Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Mark Harrison
TE: Zach Miller, Jake Stoneburner
LT: Russell Okung, Frank Omyale
LG: James Carpenter, Paul McQuistan, Rishaw Johnson,
C: Max Unger, Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: Ricky Wagner, J. R. Sweezy, Omorggie Uzzi
RT: Breno Giacomini

Defense:

LDE: Red Brant, Alan Branch, Gregg Scruggs
UT: Jason Jones, Datone Jones
NT: Brandon Mebane, Jaye Howard, Clinton McDonald
LEO: Chris Clemons, Bruce Irvin
WLB: Khaseeme Greene, Malcolm Smith, Allen Bradford
MLB: Bobby Wagner, Heath Farwell
SLB: K.J. Wright, Justin Cole
CB: Richard Sherman, Jeremy Lane, Bryon Maxwell
NCB: Robert Alford, Walter Thurmond III
SS: Kam Chamcellor, Jeron Johnson, Winston Guy
FS: Earl Thomas, Chris Maragos

Special Teams:
K: Steven Haushka
P: Jon Ryan

Blue = Traded for
Red = Drafted

Draft Picks:
Round 1 #25 overall: Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA -
Obviously a very good pick for us. Jones has the ability to play multiple positions, that being UT, DT, and even 5-tech in passing situations. He is solid in both run and pass, and is a necessary player for this D-line.

Round 2 #36 overall (Lions) - Khaseeme Greene, OLB, Rutgers -
One of my favorite players in the draft. Greene can do it all: he has good instincts, a great blitzer, can drop into coverage is solid against the run, and is a game changing player. He would start day 1 at WLB.

Round 3 #89 overall - Ricky Wagner, OL, Wisconsin -
I do think I reached quite a bit for Wagner, but I believe he is a starting caliber guard. Good against the run and great against the pass. Another solid OG out of Wisconsin.

Round 4 #122 overall - Robert Alford, CB, Southern Louisiana -
I drafted Alford to play nickel CB for us. He wasn't my first pick, but he will definitely suffice. He has the size, athleticism, and experience to play the position efficient, something we desperately need.

Round 5 #153 overall - Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio St. -
Stoneburner will be a stud TE. He has a lot of Aaron Hernandez in him, and will be an awesome backup to Zach Miller this year.

Round 6 #162 overall (Lions) - Matt Scott, QB, Arizona St. -
While this wasn;t a huge need, I feel like Scott is a great pick for this team. He is a lot like Russell Wilson, being mobile, can throw, and extremely confident and a good leader. Once he develops, he could be a high-caliber backup QB for us.

Round 6 #186 overall - Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers -
Harrsion blew up the combine and while incredibly raw, for a big WR he has tons of potential.

Round 7 #200 overall (Bills) - Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech. -
I didn't actually get a chance to make this pick, as the draft fell apart, but this guy would have been my pick. Truth be told, I would have drafted him because SoS thinks so highly of him. Laughing If he wasn't available, I would have gone with a depth DL guy.

Trades:

Lions trade:
2nd Round pick (#36 overall)
6th Round pick (#162 overall)

Seahawks trade:
Brandon Browner

Explanation: Im not as big of a fan of Browner as most, and we didn't lose anything when he left. This allowed me to move up a ways in the 2nd round, allowing me to get Khaseeme Greene and Matt Scott. Im ecstatic about this trade.

Browns trade:
Colt McCoy

Seahawks trade:
Mike McCoy
Josh Portis

Explanation: Truth be told, I regret this trade. Colt McCoy is a solid backup, but I dont see him staying on the team for very long. I just regret it.

Rams trade:
Justin Cole

Seahawks trade:
John Moffitt
7th Round pick

Explanation: I didnt get great value out of Moffitt, but I really wanted Justin Cole. He is an ideal SLB for us.

Players who have left the team:
John Moffitt (trade)
Mike Morgan (trade)
Josh Portis (trade)
Brandon Browner (trade)
Matt Flynn (cut) - To save cap room
LeRoy Hill - (cut) - replaced by Greene
Marcus Trufant (cut) - because of age
Deion Butler (cut) - to make room for 53
Anthony McCoy (cut) to make room for 53
Clint Gresham (cut) - to make room for final 53

Summary:

Overall, I like what I did with this team. For the most part, all the the needs are filled with quality players. My only real regret is the Colt McCoy trade. I would give myself a 7/10.

Please criticize!

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Last edited by chpjns15 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Depth Chart:

Offense:

QB: Russell Wilson, Colt McCoy, Matt Scott
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Leon Washington
FB: Michael Robinson
WR: Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Mark Harrison
TE: Zach Miller, Jake Stoneburner
LT: Russell Okung, Frank Omyale
LG: Paul McQuistan, Rishaw Johnson, Omorggie Uzzi
C: Max Unger, Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: Ricky Wagner, J. R. Sweezy
RT: Breno Giacomini

Defense:

LDE: Red Brant, Alan Branch, Gregg Scruggs
UT: Jason Jones, Datone Jones
NT: Brandon Mebane, Jaye Howard, Clinton McDonald
LEO: Chris Clemons, Bruce Irvin
WLB: Khaseeme Greene, Malcolm Smith, Allen Bradford
MLB: Bobby Wagner, Heath Farwell
SLB: K.J. Wright, Justin Cole
CB: Richard Sherman, Jeremy Lane, Bryon Maxwell
NCB: Robert Alford, Walter Thurmond III
SS: Kam Chamcellor, Jeron Johnson, Winston Guy
FS: Earl Thomas, Chris Maragos

Special Teams:
K: Steven Haushka
P: Jon Ryan

Blue = Traded for
Red = Drafted

Draft Picks:
Round 1 #25 overall: Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA -
Obviously a very good pick for us. Jones has the ability to play multiple positions, that being UT, DT, and even 5-tech in passing situations. He is solid in both run and pass, and is a necessary player for this D-line.

Round 2 #36 overall (Lions) - Khaseeme Greene, OLB, Rutgers -
One of my favorite players in the draft. Greene can do it all: he has good instincts, a great blitzer, can drop into coverage is solid against the run, and is a game changing player. He would start day 1 at WLB.

Round 3 #89 overall - Ricky Wagner, OL, Wisconsin -
I do think I reached quite a bit for Wagner, but I believe he is a starting caliber guard. Good against the run and great against the pass. Another solid OG out of Wisconsin.

Round 4 #122 overall - Robert Alford, CB, Southern Louisiana -
I drafted Alford to play nickel CB for us. He wasn't my first pick, but he will definitely suffice. He has the size, athleticism, and experience to play the position efficient, something we desperately need.

Round 5 #153 overall - Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio St. -
Stoneburner will be a stud TE. He has a lot of Aaron Hernandez in him, and will be an awesome backup to Zach Miller this year.

Round 6 #162 overall (Lions) - Matt Scott, QB, Arizona St. -
While this wasn;t a huge need, I feel like Scott is a great pick for this team. He is a lot like Russell Wilson, being mobile, can throw, and extremely confident and a good leader. Once he develops, he could be a high-caliber backup QB for us.

Round 6 #186 overall - Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers -
Harrsion blew up the combine and while incredibly raw, for a big WR he has tons of potential.

Round 7 #200 overall (Bills) - Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech. -
I didn't actually get a chance to make this pick, as the draft fell apart, but this guy would have been my pick. Truth be told, I would have drafted him because SoS thinks so highly of him. Laughing If he wasn't available, I would have gone with a depth DL guy.

Trades:

Lions trade:
2nd Round pick (#36 overall)
6th Round pick (#162 overall)

Seahawks trade:
Brandon Browner

Explanation: Im not as big of a fan of Browner as most, and we didn't lose anything when he left. This allowed me to move up a ways in the 2nd round, allowing me to get Khaseeme Greene and Matt Scott. Im ecstatic about this trade.

Browns trade:
Colt McCoy

Seahawks trade:
Mike McCoy
Josh Portis

Explanation: Truth be told, I regret this trade. Colt McCoy is a solid backup, but I dont see him staying on the team for very long. I just regret it.

Rams trade:
Justin Cole

Seahawks trade:
John Moffitt
7th Round pick

Explanation: I didnt get great value out of Moffitt, but I really wanted Justin Cole. He is an ideal SLB for us.

Players who have left the team:
John Moffitt (trade)
Mike Morgan (trade)
Josh Portis (trade)
Brandon Browner (trade)
Matt Flynn (cut) - To save cap room
LeRoy Hill - (cut) - replaced by Greene
Marcus Trufant (cut) - because of age
Deion Butler (cut) - to make room for 53
Anthony McCoy (cut) to make room for 53
Clint Gresham (cut) - to make room for final 53

Summary:

Overall, I like what I did with this team. For the most part, all the the needs are filled with quality players. My only real regret is the Colt McCoy trade. I would give myself a 7/10.

Please criticize!

I'm gonna disappoint you here and say that I would have no problem with this draft scenario at all. I know you wanted criticism but if we could get Jones and Greene right off the bat and then fill out some other positions with depth like OL, TE, CB, and WR then I would have no complaints about our draft at all...but on second thought, I would have to complain about something, hmmm. Confused

Sheldon Cooper
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Carpenter? Scott on Practice squad? Unger or JeanPierre now the LS? Has either done it? I'm a Husky fan, but I think Kearse goes before some these guys. I also think LG remains too weak unless Uzzi is expected to blossom PDQ.
I do like the additions to the D, tho I doubt Greene will be there at our pick in the 2nd.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
Where's Carpenter? Scott on Practice squad? Unger or JeanPierre now the LS? Has either done it? I'm a Husky fan, but I think Kearse goes before some these guys. I also think LG remains too weak unless Uzzi is expected to blossom PDQ.
I do like the additions to the D, tho I doubt Greene will be there at our pick in the 2nd.

Sorry, I somehow forgot about Carpenter. I will fix that right now. Jeanpierre would be the LS, as I have heard he has experience there. I didn't feel like doing all of the effort in deciding who was on the practice squad. I think Kearse remains on the team. And I think we would be fine at LG. If you include carpenter, and how versatile all of our lineman are, we are fine. Also that wasn't out original 2nd round pick, I traded up into the front of the 2nd round (with the Lions I think).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: