Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
How would you guys feel about signing Randy Moss?

I'd rather sign TO tbh

....yea

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No @ Randy Moss. We need a legitimate #1 with size, elite speed, youth and hunger.

Target O-Line, Henry Melton & maybe TE in Free Agency. If we succeed there, target WR, Well Rounded OLB w/ Speed, CB Depth/Project & then BPA. Tired. Maybe I am forgetting something, but that would be the start of an ideal draft IMO. Trade Flynn for a 4th + Back Up QB and maybe a few draft day trades to get who the FO thinks fits this team. I trust them and hope we can put talent at the positions we're weak this year. Crazy thinking how completely different this team has become in recent years, and I couldn't be happier!
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
No @ Randy Moss. We need a legitimate #1 with size, elite speed, youth and hunger.

Target O-Line, Henry Melton & maybe TE in Free Agency. If we succeed there, target WR, Well Rounded OLB w/ Speed, CB Depth/Project & then BPA. Tired. Maybe I am forgetting something, but that would be the start of an ideal draft IMO. Trade Flynn for a 4th + Back Up QB and maybe a few draft day trades to get who the FO thinks fits this team. I trust them and hope we can put talent at the positions we're weak this year. Crazy thinking how completely different this team has become in recent years, and I couldn't be happier!

Not sure I agree with those statements. Sidney Rice can fulfill all of what you want from a legitimate #1... remember that he is only 26.

And not sure why we would target a TE when we have already devoted $34M to one, and another who is young and developing quite nicely.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Not sure I agree with those statements. Sidney Rice can fulfill all of what you want from a legitimate #1... remember that he is only 26.

And not sure why we would target a TE when we have already devoted $34M to one, and another who is young and developing quite nicely.

I dont trust McCoy to play the role as the number 2 TE. Maybe 3rd string. I don't know why you would want to turn down weapons to help Wilson. Are you a Whiners fan?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
drunkhawk wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

I dont trust McCoy to play the role as the number 2 TE. Maybe 3rd string. I don't know why you would want to turn down weapons to help Wilson. Are you a Whiners fan?
Because despite how fun a athletic TE2 and WR1 would be, they're not top needs on the totem poll. A stud RG will do more for Russell Wilson and this offense than anything.

Priorities this offseason are:
Guard
Pass rushing DT

Those are necessities. Avoiding either in the first 3 or 4 rounds and via FA is a mistake.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
drunkhawk wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Because despite how fun a athletic TE2 and WR1 would be, they're not top needs on the totem poll. A stud RG will do more for Russell Wilson and this offense than anything.

Priorities this offseason are:
Guard
Pass rushing DT

Those are necessities. Avoiding either in the first 3 or 4 rounds and via FA is a mistake.

Did I not specifically state O-Line in the original post he is referring to? That included a RG & RT if the possibility is there to upgrade from Giac-Strap. I actually believe you are 100% correct and have believed those were our two biggest problems for some time now. Earlier this year I talked about addressing O-Line early in the draft and received much crap about it. I don't see why it would be an issue though. What's wrong with solidifying a line that allows us to play the way we want with our running game (which helps keep a defense honest and gives Wilson a better opportunity to pick apart a defense that is unsure of what's coming at them next) and also protects our young stud quarterback? I mean, he's smart about how he runs down the field and buys time, but wouldn't his health be a top priority to most? I would think so.

Henry Melton would be the answer for interior pressure. Fix the O-Line, find any way to get Melton, then with not many needs left, it's a toss up between WR & OLB first in the draft. With so many late 1st-2nd round WR's this year and no top end talent IMO, it would be a prime opportunity to trade out of the 1st if we feel like we'd have to reach for someone there and pick up an early 2nd & 3rd for it. Then I would probably go something like this if we addressed the 2 O-Line spots & DT via free agency;

2a.) Best WR Available
2b.) Best OLB Available (that fits our needs/scheme)
3a.) Athletic TE that is able to even play WR...Jordan Reed maybe? Depends on who is available. I like Gavin Escobar as well as a more traditional TE, but no clue where he goes in the draft.
3b.) + rest of draft picks = BPA including another project DT, DE, Project CB for Depth, etc.

Will discuss this more tomorrow. G'night fellas.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Melton is a wish and a prayer imo. Dorsey could be a solid stop gap, but he doesn't generate insane pressure.

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Henry Melton is a wish and a prayer imo. Dorsey could be a solid stop gap, but he doesn't generate insane pressure.

I want Ezekial Ansah in the 1st round. That's my new man crush and I doubt I lose it until draft day.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Hrm - unless I hear the word "Guard", I'm covering my ears and shouting "LALALALALALALA...I CANT HEAR YOU... LALALALALALA".

Get us someone... SOMEONE... ANYONE... who can help us with the mess made up of McQ, Carp, Moffitt and Sweezy. (Moffitt and Carp are running out of chances to NOT be injured so we can see their potential)

I don't really care if #68's holding elite edge rushers sackless... if Sweezy's still blocking nitrogen on half the plays and watching LBs and DTs moonwalk into the backfield. Yeah, they sachet on back there, waltz, flitter and pirouette. It's nauseating watching our guard play as a *dumb* fan... can't imagine what it looks like to you chalkheads on this forum, heh.

DT and WR are both solid needs and if someone elite drops to us, I'm cool with it, but I want more talk about Guards so I know whom to read up on!

Go Hawks!

I agree about the fact that we need a Guard. But its not a 1st round need. Carp (hate to say it) has been good when healthy. Moffitt again has been good when healthy. Sweezy is a rookie DT playing a new position completely. I'll give him another year to progress because I think given another year he can be very good with Cables coaching. McQ is depth. No more. We have players that COULD play OG. Breno has zero depth behind him and had too many penalties. I'd draft a RT/ OG versatile player. Then bring in Levitre from the bills.

Having said that finding weapons for Wilson and a pass rushing DT should be the priority this offseason.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I want Ezekial Ansah in the 1st round. That's my new man crush and I doubt I lose it until draft day.

don't think he'll be available when we pick

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

BUT I CAN DREAM CAN'T I!? CAN'T I!?

And BigJoe, I'm done with Moffitt personally. He's depth for me at this point with his propensity for turnovers and he's only been average at best when on the field. If Jonathan Cooper falls to our pick I hope we don't even hesitate.
Sham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Robert Woods would fit amazingly into our offense. And that's not the USC Homer in me speaking Laughing

I'm quite happy that Robert Woods received less targets and attention from Matt this year. I hope he slides to the 2nd (doubt it). No such thing as too many good WRs, kind of like you can never have too many pass rushers. A fleet of Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Robert Woods... Very impressive and dangerous group top to bottom.

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

And BigJoe, I'm done with Moffitt personally. He's depth for me at this point with his propensity for turnovers and he's only been average at best when on the field. If Jonathan Cooper falls to our pick I hope we don't even hesitate.

Johnathan Cooper in the 2nd sure. But Moffitt hasn't been healthy enough to get a good look at him. Unger missed most of his 1st 2 seasons and now is one of the best C in the league. Tate did not perform to any standards his 1st 2 years and now is a solid WR. I'm not saying your wrong I'm saying give it a little more time. I still have faith in Moffitt. He was a stud at Wisconsin. I won't give up on him yet.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I have a man crush on Ansah also!!! Unfortunetly I dont think he makes it to our pick Sad

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

BYU guy right? He's pretty nice

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: