Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
theKing wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
To SOS and your GM mock draft.

So far so good but being the OL guy I need to implore you to take a RT in the 1st 3 rounds. Breno is a FA in 2014 and hasn't played at a great level. Its not just competition we need someone to take his place. I know you feel like RT isn't worth drafting but football strives on QBs and OLine. Its not sexy pick but Lynch and Wilson would thank you almost as much as I would.

Breno has played extremely well the last few weeks, He has gone up against Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Aldon Smith and he has held his own against all 5. He cut down on the dumb penalties and he brings that nastiness to the offense.

I would say Okung has done well against those guys not Breno. Aldon Smith spent the entire game lined up over Okung. Brooks their OLB on the other side pressured Wilson all game.

Given these facts, Breno will be FA and needs to be upgraded either way.

Those aren't facts Laughing Aldon went to Breno's side at least 20% of the plays, go back and watch the game, I already have twice.

The fact that Aldon played 1 out of 5 plays on the right side is significant? Yet was pressured all night by Ahmad Brooks off Breno side isn't?

Still not getting the main argument that he is FA in 2014!

Never said it was significant, I said your facts aren't facts. He still stopped him whenever he lined up against him.

And that argument is pretty invalid as far as the mock I'm conducting goes. FAs are automatically resigned so Breno is on the team. With that said, there are 3 to 4 positions I'd rather draft over RT.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give my left nut to have Henry Melton here but I doubt the Bears allow him to even walk out of their facility without a contract.

Albert is my key free agent target followed by TE Jared Cook and OG Andy Levitre.

I think you're right about Jason Jones going elsewhere. Branch will probably be looking for starting money with another team, he deserves it.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
theKing wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
To SOS and your GM mock draft.

So far so good but being the OL guy I need to implore you to take a RT in the 1st 3 rounds. Breno is a FA in 2014 and hasn't played at a great level. Its not just competition we need someone to take his place. I know you feel like RT isn't worth drafting but football strives on QBs and OLine. Its not sexy pick but Lynch and Wilson would thank you almost as much as I would.

Breno has played extremely well the last few weeks, He has gone up against Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Aldon Smith and he has held his own against all 5. He cut down on the dumb penalties and he brings that nastiness to the offense.

I would say Okung has done well against those guys not Breno. Aldon Smith spent the entire game lined up over Okung. Brooks their OLB on the other side pressured Wilson all game.

Given these facts, Breno will be FA and needs to be upgraded either way.

Those aren't facts Laughing Aldon went to Breno's side at least 20% of the plays, go back and watch the game, I already have twice.

The fact that Aldon played 1 out of 5 plays on the right side is significant? Yet was pressured all night by Ahmad Brooks off Breno side isn't?

Still not getting the main argument that he is FA in 2014!

Never said it was significant, I said your facts aren't facts. He still stopped him whenever he lined up against him.

And that argument is pretty invalid as far as the mock I'm conducting goes. FAs are automatically resigned so Breno is on the team. With that said, there are 3 to 4 positions I'd rather draft over RT.

So he played well 20% of the time against Aldon smith yet struggled against Brooks. Sounds like he has played swell and I'm just seeing things. (Sarcasm)

He does have a nasty streak but costs this team penalty yards for being stupid. I didn't know that your mock the FA were automatically resigned. Kinda thinking a good FA would be just as good. I think Breno is a liability in pass pro and if it weren't for Wilson being such a great scrambler it would be more obvious to others that Breno needs upgraded. IN REAL LIFE. NOT FANTASY MOCK DRAFTS.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Most of the pressures you saw from Brooks last Sunday Night were when Wilson was scrambling out of the pocket (due to our abysmal guards) and obviously Brooks is going to look like he's getting a lot of pressure when he's running down Wilson out of the pocket. Literally nothing Breno can do about plays like that. Put even a semi-decent guard next to him and he'll be a poor man's Sean Locklear.

I'm not even a huge Breno fan. Really not a fan at all if we're being honest. Can RT be improved upon? Absolutely, that's why I really want us to go after Branden Albert, but as far as team needs go, RT is far from the top of the list. Breno is very average.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breno is very average. Something we both can agree on.

If we could get Andy Levitre OG and draft a RT in the 1st 3 rounds this team would have Top 3 OLine. Look what singletary did with the 49ers. A RT and LG in the 1st round and I think 49ers have the Top OL in football.

Brandon Albert is going to ask for big my guess is $ 5-8 million a year. Way too much to pay a RT.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly wouldn't credit Singletary with the success of the Niners OLine in any way, shape, or form Laughing

But yea, we need to sign one of either Levitre or Albert. If we sign Levitre, RT obviously jumps up the need list. Albert may be expensive, but he's still very young and we have a lot of money to spend. If you're going to break the bank on a player, I prefer it to be on a young and established offensive lineman.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream free agent is Brandon Albert. If not him, than Melton.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
My dream free agent is Brandon Albert. If not him, than Melton.

If you told me I could have either but I had to pick one, I would take Melton without so much as a blink of hesitation. What he provides as a pass rushing UT is invaluable and would make this defense an unbelievable force. At least we can say we currently have an average RT. I can't really say that about our UT with what I've seen from this team's interior pass rush.

With that said, there's no way in hell Melton hits the market. Sad
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Melton in Seattle?

Man, you guys would be unstoppable on defense. For real, Seahawks fans who haven't watched this guy consistenly, go check him out - he's unreal.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Henry Melton in Seattle?

Man, you guys would be unstoppable on defense. For real, Seahawks fans who haven't watched this guy consistenly, go check him out - he's unreal.

Will you guys please just let him walk and worry about spending your money on OLine?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Henry Melton in Seattle?

Will you guys please just let him walk and worry about spending your money on OLine?
i love Melton... I mean an ex-RB playing DT who actually knows how to use his hands? :drool:

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm - unless I hear the word "Guard", I'm covering my ears and shouting "LALALALALALALA...I CANT HEAR YOU... LALALALALALA".

Get us someone... SOMEONE... ANYONE... who can help us with the mess made up of McQ, Carp, Moffitt and Sweezy. (Moffitt and Carp are running out of chances to NOT be injured so we can see their potential)

I don't really care if #68's holding elite edge rushers sackless... if Sweezy's still blocking nitrogen on half the plays and watching LBs and DTs moonwalk into the backfield. Yeah, they sachet on back there, waltz, flitter and pirouette. It's nauseating watching our guard play as a *dumb* fan... can't imagine what it looks like to you chalkheads on this forum, heh.

DT and WR are both solid needs and if someone elite drops to us, I'm cool with it, but I want more talk about Guards so I know whom to read up on!

Go Hawks!

TommyC376 on the Sig
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Hrm - unless I hear the word "Guard", I'm covering my ears and shouting "LALALALALALALA...I CANT HEAR YOU... LALALALALALA".

Get us someone... SOMEONE... ANYONE... who can help us with the mess made up of McQ, Carp, Moffitt and Sweezy. (Moffitt and Carp are running out of chances to NOT be injured so we can see their potential)

I don't really care if #68's holding elite edge rushers sackless... if Sweezy's still blocking nitrogen on half the plays and watching LBs and DTs moonwalk into the backfield. Yeah, they sachet on back there, waltz, flitter and pirouette. It's nauseating watching our guard play as a *dumb* fan... can't imagine what it looks like to you chalkheads on this forum, heh.

DT and WR are both solid needs and if someone elite drops to us, I'm cool with it, but I want more talk about Guards so I know whom to read up on!

Go Hawks!

Take a look at my latest post in the Draft Database thread and you'll see the guards I'm keen on Very Happy
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you guys feel about signing Randy Moss?

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
How would you guys feel about signing Randy Moss?

I'd personally be very against it. He doesn't bring any heart and I don't see what he offers this team. I feel like you could get a much better player with a lot more desire to see the field in the 6th round of this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 18 of 24

Jump to: