Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
Johnson has done nothing but play well when he has been in. Never been a liability on the field and has made plays

That's not true at all, he's been exposed several times in coverage this season.

example?

Can't recall the opponent, but I remember the play. Other team is on about the 5 yard line. Fade route to the corner right, Jeron bites early inside and is beat late for the score as he can't make up for the misstep.

If you expect me to remember specific plays off-hand I won't be able to deliver. But you know when someone is inconsistent in coverage and Jeron has shown just that. Can you nameme specific plays where Jeron has shined in coverage?

Just wondered, i know you're good for it if you're going to say it(most of the time). I've just seen every second of every game, multiple times, and i dont remember him getting burned many times, which is why i asked you to recall one or two of the "many". And the best cover guy in the NFL, Sherman, has been burned a handful of times this year as well. It happens. Doesn't make Johnson a liability, doesn't make sherman a liability....doesn't make sherman and johnson the same guy either Laughing . The point is, I never said he was special (he'd be starting if he was), but he's definitely talented and wouldn't Achilles Heel this defense if he was the first SS out of the tunnel. We don't need to be drafting safeties in the early rounds right now, unless it's BPA...by a longshot

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you not reading what I'm writing? I would want to draft a safety to move Kam to WLB. It's essentially drafting a WLB. I don't know how this is getting lost in translation.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Are you not reading what I'm writing? I would want to draft a safety to move Kam to WLB. It's essentially drafting a WLB. I don't know how this is getting lost in translation.

ANd i addressed that by stating we already have the best S tandem. We should simply draft a SLB who can rush the passer. No reason to get cute and possibly create a need.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

theKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
Johnson has done nothing but play well when he has been in. Never been a liability on the field and has made plays

That's not true at all, he's been exposed several times in coverage this season.

example?

Can't recall the opponent, but I remember the play. Other team is on about the 5 yard line. Fade route to the corner right, Jeron bites early inside and is beat late for the score as he can't make up for the misstep.

If you expect me to remember specific plays off-hand I won't be able to deliver. But you know when someone is inconsistent in coverage and Jeron has shown just that. Can you nameme specific plays where Jeron has shined in coverage?

It was the Pats against Hernandez.
theKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
To SOS and your GM mock draft.

So far so good but being the OL guy I need to implore you to take a RT in the 1st 3 rounds. Breno is a FA in 2014 and hasn't played at a great level. Its not just competition we need someone to take his place. I know you feel like RT isn't worth drafting but football strives on QBs and OLine. Its not sexy pick but Lynch and Wilson would thank you almost as much as I would.

Breno has played extremely well the last few weeks, He has gone up against Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Aldon Smith and he has held his own against all 5. He cut down on the dumb penalties and he brings that nastiness to the offense.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Breno's the problem. Moffett is a "natural" left guard & PC/JS seem to think Carp's a LG because he's left handed. That leaves McQuiston at RG & if he's just "serviceable" there, that's not good enuff for us to make a deep run against top level defenses.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

example?

It was the Pats against Hernandez.

That's right, great memory.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

example?

Just wondered, i know you're good for it if you're going to say it(most of the time). I've just seen every second of every game, multiple times, and i dont remember him getting burned many times, which is why i asked you to recall one or two of the "many". And the best cover guy in the NFL, Sherman, has been burned a handful of times this year as well. It happens. Doesn't make Johnson a liability, doesn't make sherman a liability....doesn't make sherman and johnson the same guy either Laughing . The point is, I never said he was special (he'd be starting if he was), but he's definitely talented and wouldn't Achilles Heel this defense if he was the first SS out of the tunnel. We don't need to be drafting safeties in the early rounds right now, unless it's BPA...by a longshot
johnson would be more of an Achilles heel at SS than Hill is at WLB. Johnson is a career backup.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

example?

johnson would be more of an Achilles heel at SS than Hill is at WLB. Johnson is a career backup.

it's statements like these that get remembered....be prepared to face the music

wwhickok wrote:

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

So far so good but being the OL guy I need to implore you to take a RT in the 1st 3 rounds. Breno is a FA in 2014 and hasn't played at a great level. Its not just competition we need someone to take his place. I know you feel like RT isn't worth drafting but football strives on QBs and OLine. Its not sexy pick but Lynch and Wilson would thank you almost as much as I would.

Breno has played extremely well the last few weeks, He has gone up against Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Aldon Smith and he has held his own against all 5. He cut down on the dumb penalties and he brings that nastiness to the offense.

I would say Okung has done well against those guys not Breno. Aldon Smith spent the entire game lined up over Okung. Brooks their OLB on the other side pressured Wilson all game.

Given these facts, Breno will be FA and needs to be upgraded either way.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
theKing wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

I would say Okung has done well against those guys not Breno. Aldon Smith spent the entire game lined up over Okung. Brooks their OLB on the other side pressured Wilson all game.

Those aren't facts Laughing Aldon went to Breno's side at least 20% of the plays, go back and watch the game, I already have twice.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
theKing wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Those aren't facts Laughing Aldon went to Breno's side at least 20% of the plays, go back and watch the game, I already have twice.

The fact that Aldon played 1 out of 5 plays on the right side is significant? Yet was pressured all night by Ahmad Brooks off Breno side isn't?

Still not getting the main argument that he is FA in 2014!
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have an idea of what our cap space will look like going into free agency? We also have that 1.6 million extra from bounty-gate too, correct?

If we can somehow snag a very good replacement for Giac-Strap and a pass rusher for the DT position, I wouldn't be upset if we went any way between WR, OG & OLB in the first 3 rounds depending on who is available.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Anyone have an idea of what our cap space will look like going into free agency? We also have that 1.6 million extra from bounty-gate too, correct?

If we can somehow snag a very good replacement for Giac-Strap and a pass rusher for the DT position, I wouldn't be upset if we went any way between WR, OG & OLB in the first 3 rounds depending on who is available.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

According to this we'll have roughly 39 million. Seems high to me but ????
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

According to this we'll have roughly 39 million. Seems high to me but ????

Wow. I think that is a bit high too. However, if it is accurate, I really hope that if Branden Albert & Henry Melton hit free agency, that we can eliminate 2 key needs in free agency by signing them. Albert would have to be an over-paid RT, but I firmly believe that we can't have a good enough O-Line for this team. We finally have our QBOTF and we're built around the running game, so why not protect both of those by fixing the weakness of our offense? I don't think Jason Jones is back unless it's a good deal for us. Same goes for Alan Branch. Branch is nice to have for obvious running plays and Jones for a rotation on passing downs though. Sign them to good contracts and I'll be happy.

Offense: OG, RT, WR, TE
Defense: Pass-Rushing DT, OLB, more well rounded DE depending on who's available & who we've already acquired?

Anything I'm missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24

Jump to: