Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:
We need to address RT at least by round three. First 2 rounds need to be a pass rusher and wide out. Period

That statement pretty much pigeon-holes us to taking a RT in round 3...

Depends on if we trade back or trade one of our guys for a pick in the first three rounds.

I think drafting a safety is smart but a lot of"fans" won't like it because they see two great safeties on our roster and think that's all you need. I'm sure it'll earn us poor draft day grades but id be excited by the versatility it would give us on every down.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khaseem Green is a sleeper for sure. I watched the Rutgers VT game last night and he looks a little small but he is so explosive. I would rather reach for a player like this then switch Kams position.

PS- off subject- you mentioned WR Coleman was beast? I didn't see it. He is big and knows how to use his body but got minimal separation and didn't have the explosive speed. I just don't see what you like about him.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:
We need to address RT at least by round three. First 2 rounds need to be a pass rusher and wide out. Period

Depends on if we trade back or trade one of our guys for a pick in the first three rounds.

I think drafting a safety is smart but a lot of"fans" won't like it because they see two great safeties on our roster and think that's all you need. I'm sure it'll earn us poor draft day grades but id be excited by the versatility it would give us on every down.

Jeron Johnson, Kam and ET. Margos is a Special teams stud. But how can you justify another Saftey? The only way a Safety could be a decent pick is if Pete made Kam WLB.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:

Jeron Johnson, Kam and ET. Margos is a Special teams stud. But how can you justify another Saftey? The only way a Safety could be a decent pick is if Pete made Kam WLB.

That's my issue, we have a LOT of safety talent already. It'd have to be an athletic freak that we could justify taking over BPA or higher need....just don't see it working out that way

If we passed on a patterson, allen or williams for a safety, i would be very upset. Then again, i was upset about the Irvin and WIlson selections....than again, i loved wagner and turbin.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
The reason I think RT is more of a need is because McQ, Moffitt, Carp and Sweezy can battle it out for 2 spots. I think With another Camp and Preseason Sweezy will look alot better. We have depth at OG. We have Breno and Frank Omayle (spelling) for depth at RT. I'm not saying its a 1st round need (if Matthews or Lewan dropped it would be tempting though) I'm saying it needs to be more of a priority.

The Front office would be foolish to change Kams position. He is Pro bowl caliber SS and a feared big hitter. Why take a chance of him being mediocre WLB when he is a top level S? Havent seen him have to take on blockers before. Dont know how he will fair. It would be smarter to find an OLB in 3-5 range and pray for success.

Well, in this system, you're going to require a WLB that has borderline elite athleticism, which Kam brings in relation to others at the position. He's already proven to be a great blitzer which we need at that position and he excels in coverage (in relation to other WLBs) which makes it that much more tempting. Than you draft someone that has a little more range and stick him next to Earl that really gives us a dominant look.

Chancellor essentially plays WLB in the Bandit formation as it is now, so we actually have seen him at WLB and he has still looked like a difference maker from the position. With this, it gives your personnel SO much freedom as it allows you to give the opposition the look of a 4-3 over, 4-2-5, and other looks. In other spots where you'd take out your WLB on passing downs, you could keep Kam in there and simply move him back into coverage essentially as a safety or blitz him.

I am not 100% for that move, but it's the rationale of drafting a safety and it's certainly a possibility with the rumblings we heard about Mark Barron last offseason. I'd prefer to find someone like Khaseem Greene from Rutgers and throw him at WLB, but if the draft border doesn't fall that way, I wouldn't be against taking a guy like Matt Elam in the 3rd and moving Kam. Most of Kam's big plays this season have been at or near the LOS, so I don't consider it a transition issue at all.

Elam in the 3rd? Elam is considered a late 1st rounder right now. I've heard the Rams have been scouting Khaseem pretty hard IRL. I think he ends up going somewhere in the 2nd.

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
i think patterson would be the perfect round 1 pick for this team.

Same, he's officially my go-to for this season

I, too, am on that bandwagon.
Are we making the assumption that Sheldon Richardson is going to be gone by our pick? Because at this point in time, Richardson is far and away my go-to. He plays a little high sometimes, but he's freakishly athletic for a DT with a nose for the ball and QB. He could play our 5 tech or UT.

Unless he bombs in interviews, Richardson will be gone.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:

I'm not that high on Jeron Johnson really. He's still young and that means upside to most people. Obviously he, Guy and Margos are limited by the fact that they are seeing limited game time with ET and Kam in front of them. I should have qualified my statement with a disclaimer that a safety is a great pick if a great prospect falls to us that we didn't see happening. It's not about moving Kam to WLB permanently but it's about giving you flexibility on defense. Teams don't just roll out 4-3 base defenses for 50 plays a game. Having three safeties like that makes your base, nickel and deep coverage schemes revolutionary and unbeatable. It's already tough for teams to pass on us, why not make it harder? There are positions that I'd rather have obviously and I know that we'll catch some flak about it if it does happen.

Part of this idea I have stems from the New York Giants who moved Antrel Rolle all over the field and used packages with Rolle, Kenny Phillips and Deon Grant on the field. It was really successful and with their pass rush it got them to the superbowl. It's a bit of a pipedream because it would have to be a blue-chip prospect that falls to us with limited alternatives in positions of need. Who knows? Pete and John have done crazier things. Call me a fan before it happens. If I were playing Madden, I'd be looking long and hard at the scouting prospects in the upcoming draft even though I have two probowlers on my squad already.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:

That's my issue, we have a LOT of safety talent already. It'd have to be an athletic freak that we could justify taking over BPA or higher need....just don't see it working out that way

If we passed on a patterson, allen or williams for a safety, i would be very upset. Then again, i was upset about the Irvin and WIlson selections....than again, i loved wagner and turbin.
Jeron would be an average starter at best. Maragos is really just a great special teamer and a solid 3rd string option at safety behind Jeron.

We don't have really any safety talent aside from our starters, and as SoS has said, Kam is a true SS.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:

Jeron would be an average starter at best. Maragos is really just a great special teamer and a solid 3rd string option at safety behind Jeron.

We don't have really any safety talent aside from our starters, and as SoS has said, Kam is a true SS.

i disagree

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Jeron is nothing special.

Obviously taking a safety would move Kam to LB in my scenario, otherwise its not a need at all. I'm content with Jeron and Guy competing for the #3 safety spot.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson has done nothing but play well when he has been in. Never been a liability on the field and has made plays

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Johnson has done nothing but play well when he has been in. Never been a liability on the field and has made plays

That's not true at all, he's been exposed several times in coverage this season.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

That's not true at all, he's been exposed several times in coverage this season.

example?

wwhickok wrote:

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

Agreed. Johnson had 3 turnovers in 2 per season games. Given the chance I think he can be a solid starter and is a terrific back up. Margos is just special team stud. But Guy should be able to develop and add depth. Unless its a 6th or 7th rounder that can also play CB I think safety isn't even close to a need.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
imani wrote:

Agreed. Johnson had 3 turnovers in 2 per season games. Given the chance I think he can be a solid starter and is a terrific back up. Margos is just special team stud. But Guy should be able to develop and add depth. Unless its a 6th or 7th rounder that can also play CB I think safety isn't even close to a need.

It'd be a luxury pick, a luxury we don't have. When you have the best Safety tandem in the league, why change anything? You get cute and it always comes back to haunt you, no need to be unnecessary. We should address the OL, receiving corp and pass rush in this draft.....early.

If we're going to go BPA, then fine, we can afford to do so. It's not likely Safety will be the best talent on the board in the late first, however.

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

example?

Can't recall the opponent, but I remember the play. Other team is on about the 5 yard line. Fade route to the corner right, Jeron bites early inside and is beat late for the score as he can't make up for the misstep.

If you expect me to remember specific plays off-hand I won't be able to deliver. But you know when someone is inconsistent in coverage and Jeron has shown just that. Can you nameme specific plays where Jeron has shined in coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 16 of 24

Jump to: