Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving KJ to WLB is a topic that we have been debating on the forum, not something that Pete has explicitly wanted to do.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
From all indications, it appears as though K.J. Wright would then slide into the weakside position, where he is a more natural fit. From there, we draft a true pass rushing LB for the strongside.

Really? And what indications are those?

Leroy Hill is most likely a goner after the season. Wright stinks at pass rushing and just makes way more sense as a WLB. What else do we do, bench him?

Um, no. I'm asking you what indications from the team or coaches or any source really that shows we will be moving him to WLB. Just because it's your opinion (and I'm not disagreeing with it) doesn't mean it's going to happen and doesn't mean you should be telling people that's what to expect. As much as you or I disapprove, the team seems very content with Wright at SLB.

And where do you get your information that the team seems content with Wright at SLB?

...by the fact that's where they said they wanted him when they drafted him, that's where they're playing him now, and they've shown no desire to switch him from that spot. A lot more than what you're standing on.

So are you planning on answering my question?

When we drafted Wright and traded Curry, we had no other options. We were giving Aaron Curry the incumbent SLB, a final chance to prove his worth. When that didn't work out, Wright was thrown into the position. If you look at the 4-3 Under scheme that Carroll ran at USC, you'd see that Wright in no way resembles the type of player that was used in that was previously position. He has zero pass rush skills. The problem was that we had so many other immediate needs during the 2011 draft, that we could not address the position. I see this in no way, as a vote of confidence by the team for Wright as a SLB. Using the type of player Carroll used in that position at USC as an example, I see no other option, but to view Wright what he really is, a guy playing out of position, while we fill other immediate needs. In the next draft, I see no other option, but to finally fill this need, because it has moved from the "secondary need" category, to the "immediate need" category.

I never said anything about the Seahawks saying we would draft a SLB. When I said, "by all indications" I was using common sense. We basically only have 3 immediate needs in the offseason (WR, RT, SLB). Wright is nowhere near the type of SLB that Carroll used in the 4-3 Under scheme at USC. WLB Leroy Hill's skills are no longer what they once were and we only signed him to a 1 year deal which will end after the season. K.J. Wright looks the part of a WLB. To me, I see all indications pointing to Wright moving to the weakside.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
From all indications, it appears as though K.J. Wright would then slide into the weakside position, where he is a more natural fit. From there, we draft a true pass rushing LB for the strongside.

Really? And what indications are those?

Leroy Hill is most likely a goner after the season. Wright stinks at pass rushing and just makes way more sense as a WLB. What else do we do, bench him?

Um, no. I'm asking you what indications from the team or coaches or any source really that shows we will be moving him to WLB. Just because it's your opinion (and I'm not disagreeing with it) doesn't mean it's going to happen and doesn't mean you should be telling people that's what to expect. As much as you or I disapprove, the team seems very content with Wright at SLB.

And where do you get your information that the team seems content with Wright at SLB?

...by the fact that's where they said they wanted him when they drafted him, that's where they're playing him now, and they've shown no desire to switch him from that spot. A lot more than what you're standing on.

So are you planning on answering my question?

Who else do we have to play the position right now? We have no pass rushing LB on our roster. What are they supposed to say during the season "Wright is not what we thought he would be. He is not living up to the standard of what we need in a 4-3 Under SLB?" Of course not! Very, very rarely does a coach ever publically single out a guy to criticize a during the season. If you do, you risk him losing confidence and playing even worse. Just wait until the draft.

I'm simply stating what 95% of Seahawk Nation sees. It's common sense. If most of the fanbase clearly sees it, I would expect the coaching staff to see it, since critiquing the players is what they do for a living. If they don't, I would be scared for our future.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, you're still trying to push your opinion as truth. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying there are zero "indications" that we plan on moving Wright. The team hasn't even hinted at this and Pete has repeatedly said how much he loves KJ at SLB. I would prefer him on the weakside, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand Osprey, I agree that KJ isn't the prototype player that Pete has used at SLB in the past. I could see him drafting a pass rushing type and moving KJ to WLB when Leroy Hill starts to decline.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, you're still trying to push your opinion as truth. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying there are zero "indications" that we plan on moving Wright. The team hasn't even hinted at this and Pete has repeatedly said how much he loves KJ at SLB. I would prefer him on the weakside, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I didn't say anything about the team though. I am looking at the the facts, using common sense. When I say "indications", I'm using what I see. Not what the team has said.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
On the other hand Osprey, I agree that KJ isn't the prototype player that Pete has used at SLB in the past. I could see him drafting a pass rushing type and moving KJ to WLB when Leroy Hill starts to decline.

Agreed. That is all I have been saying. Very Happy
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Agreed. That is all I have been saying. Very Happy

I know what you're saying, we just don't know if Pete has the same intentions. He could just as easily say that Red Bryant isn't getting it done and swap him out for another 5-tech who can rush the passer.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need help again guys. Got offered Justin Tuck for Red Bryant and a 3rd. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Need help again guys. Got offered Justin Tuck for Red Bryant and a 3rd. Thoughts?

Where would Tuck play on this team?
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Could he not play LDE?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Could he not play LDE?

Not in this scheme.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Could he not play LDE?

Not in this scheme.

Okay I just remember someone a few pages back saying try to trade red for a more athletic LDE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been offered players such as Freeney, Mathis, Brian Robinson...etc really do know what direction to take.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Could he not play LDE?

As SoS said, not in our scheme. If you want a more athletic LE, we need a 3-4DE who can rush the passer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 11 of 24

Jump to: