Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Week 7

1st Round-#22 Overall: California WR Keenan Allen
Reason: The Seahawks are in dire need for a true #1 WR to really set their offense into a balanced mode. Sidney Rice would be better as a #2 at this point and a young, dynamic receiver is exactly what will improve this offense most.

2nd Round-#54 Overall: Texas A&M LB Sean Porter
Reason: Porter might not be a 1st round prospect due to his limited athleticism, but he shows that he just has a knack at getting the QB and plays with great instincts. Could either play SLB or WLB for us opposite of KJ.

3rd Round-#86 Overall: Florida TE Jordan Reed
Reason: I love Reed as a prospect and I think he'll be rising up boards come draft season. He brings everything that Hernandez did as a project and is exactly the type of weapon we need.

4th Round-#118 Overall: Wisconsin RT Ricky Wagner
Reason: Wagner has been slipping on some boards, but he would be monster value here in the 4th round to compete for our starting RT spot. Wagner would reunite with Moffitt on that right side.

And that's all I wanna do for now.

Love all those picks!!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Week 7

1st Round-#22 Overall: California WR Keenan Allen
Reason: The Seahawks are in dire need for a true #1 WR to really set their offense into a balanced mode. Sidney Rice would be better as a #2 at this point and a young, dynamic receiver is exactly what will improve this offense most.

2nd Round-#54 Overall: Texas A&M LB Sean Porter
Reason: Porter might not be a 1st round prospect due to his limited athleticism, but he shows that he just has a knack at getting the QB and plays with great instincts. Could either play SLB or WLB for us opposite of KJ.

3rd Round-#86 Overall: Florida TE Jordan Reed
Reason: I love Reed as a prospect and I think he'll be rising up boards come draft season. He brings everything that Hernandez did as a project and is exactly the type of weapon we need.

4th Round-#118 Overall: Wisconsin RT Ricky Wagner
Reason: Wagner has been slipping on some boards, but he would be monster value here in the 4th round to compete for our starting RT spot. Wagner would reunite with Moffitt on that right side.

And that's all I wanna do for now.

Not a fan of Sean Porter at all. He has really been held in check this season. He has really regressed as far as pass rushing. He's gone long stretches this season where you don't even know he's on the field. So far, he does have 40 tackles, but he only has 3 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and the most telling stat is that he has a measly 2 QB hurries. I believe he may fall into the late 3rd round. At this point, he looks like a pure WLB, which we really have no need for (K.J. Wright is a natural fit for the weakside.)

I would be extremely upset if we used a 4th rounder on a TE. I like our TE's. It's not their fault that we don't have a QB who can get them the ball. I could see us taking a 5 technique, a 3 technique or another WR here. I take it that you are assuming we re-sign Jason Jones, because if we don't, a pass rushing UT is gonna be a huge need?

I love the Keenan Allen and Ricky Wagner picks.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you looked beyond the statsheet ( Wink ) you would know that the Aggies have been using Porter in the capacity of a base LB much more this season. He's displayed the ability to play sideline-to-sideline and cover athletic TEs and slot receivers. He's already displayed the ability to rush the passer in the past, and I have to assume they are changing his responsibilities after seeing how effective Damontre Moore is, who doesn't have the ability to play stand-up LB nearly as well. I'm glad that they have given Porter the opportunity to show he can be an all-around great player.

And we may have good TEs, but I wouldn't say we have any receiving threats. We definitely have some good players, but no one that a defense has to gameplan to stop in the receiving game. That's the type of thing that leads the Patriots to have so many mismatch problems. An athletic TE is by far the most difficult thing to gameplan for and stop in today's league.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. WR Keenan Allen/Marquis Wilson/Justin Hunter/Terrence Williams

2. Dion Jordan, DE Oregon

3. Prentiss Waggner, CB Tennessee

4. Shane Skovv, LB Stanford

5. Xavier Nixon, RT Florida

6. Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon State

7. John Boyett, S Oregon (could be a major steal after his injury)

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Well if you looked beyond the statsheet ( Wink ) you would know that the Aggies have been using Porter in the capacity of a base LB much more this season. He's displayed the ability to play sideline-to-sideline and cover athletic TEs and slot receivers. He's already displayed the ability to rush the passer in the past, and I have to assume they are changing his responsibilities after seeing how effective Damontre Moore is, who doesn't have the ability to play stand-up LB nearly as well. I'm glad that they have given Porter the opportunity to show he can be an all-around great player.

And we may have good TEs, but I wouldn't say we have any receiving threats. We definitely have some good players, but no one that a defense has to gameplan to stop in the receiving game. That's the type of thing that leads the Patriots to have so many mismatch problems. An athletic TE is by far the most difficult thing to gameplan for and stop in today's league.

I know Porter has been a good pass rusher in the past, but I've seen plenty of pass rushers regress, once other teams catch onto their moves. I really wanted to see if Porter could've continued his success against the double teams he would have likely faced this year. Now, he is being used more like a weakside linebacker and that is how I have to judge him, because I take the biggest part of my evaluation from the player's most recent season. I know Damontre Moore has taken over the primary pass rushing duties and he's doing a fantastic job, but when you look at the big picture and take note that Von Miller, Sean Porter and now Demontre Moore were/are now among the top pass rushers in their class while in that role, I see a pattern. I think a big part of it is the scheme. We know Von Miller is a special player, but for lightning to strike three times at the same position, on the same team, in such a short time frame is just too much of a coincidence. I just don't see there being 3 different potential NFL stars, coming off the same team, from the same position, in such a short time period. Color me a skeptic.

As far as TE's, c'mon..... While at Oakland, Zach Miller was one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL. Since coming to the Seahawks, he was primarily used as a blocker, because our O-Line was so bad and once it straightened up, he now has a rookie QB that can't get him the ball. Give Miller a decent QB and a line that can pass block and I believe he starts being the TE that we saw in Oakland. I also think McCoy is underrated. Yes, he does have mental lapses at times, but other times he makes some key plays. He's still young, once he gets the concentration thing down, I believe he can be a decent #2. When looking at the Pats 2 TE sets you also have to take into account that they have Tom Brady. That is a huge difference.

Adding a TE now, to this passing game, just doesn't make sense to me.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
1. WR Keenan Allen/Marquis Wilson/Justin Hunter/Terrence Williams

2. Dion Jordan, DE Oregon

3. Prentiss Waggner, CB Tennessee

4. Shane Skovv, LB Stanford

5. Xavier Nixon, RT Florida

6. Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon State

7. John Boyett, S Oregon (could be a major steal after his injury)

I'm not a fan of Xavier Nixon. He has struggled this year and was benched and replaced by D.J. Humphries. Personally, I think Nixon is gonna have a hard time getting drafted.

I too have us taking Wheaton as a 2nd WR Very Happy . I think he could be a steal. I agree about Boyett. Some team is gonna get very lucky when they take that guy.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I'd rather wait a year and get Seferian-Jenkins.

I realize he's not quite the gamebreaker Jordan Reed is athletically, but Seferian-Jenkins was the best freshman TE I've ever seen. His frame as a true sophomore is bigger than Gronkowski's right now, and he has an easy 10 pounds of muscle he could add.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the guys I see us realistically going after and who I live alot....

1. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor: I believe he will be the best WR on the board when we pick. Using where we would pick if the draft were held today, I have Woods to Buffalo at #12, Allen to Miami at #13 and Hunter to Philadelphia at #14. That would leave Williams, who is a big time playmaker with good size and very good speed. He is averaging 21.5 yards per catch and 168 yards receiving per game. He is also first among all receivers with 1013 receiving yards.

2. Chris Jones, DE/DT, Bowling Green: I love this guy. He is a 6'1" 293 lb. interior pass rusher who could play UT or 5 technique. He has been dominating the MAC conference for the last 2 years. In 2011 he was 1st Team All-MAC with 47 Tackles, 14 TFL, 8.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. This year he is on pace to be even better as he already has been wreaking havoc with 24 Tackles, 13.5 TFL, 9 sacks and a forced fumble. I saw him against my alma matre this year, Miami (OH) and the guy was unblockable. He is soaring up draft boards.

3. Earl Watford, OG, James Madison: 6'4" 295 lbs. with good feet and an excellent run blocker. He is the best small school interior O-Lineman in the draft. This is a value pick, because given our history of injuries on the O-Line, I'd love to have an interior swing guy like this. He was 1st Team All CAA in 2011 and a key part of an O-Line which averaged 222 rushing yards a game.

4. Travis Long, OLB, Washington State: 6'4" 245 lbs. Converted DE who now plays Buck LB in the Cougars new look, 3-4 scheme. Was 2nd Team All Pac-12 last year as a DE and is now excelling at OLB. He currently has 10 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FF and 2 QB hurries. I think he'd be an excellent value at this point.

4. Brian Winters, RT, Kent State: 6'6" 294 lbs. He was 2nd Team All MAC in 2011 and would be considered the best OT in the MAC, if not for Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, who should be a high pick. He has played RT and LT, but is probably suited best for RT in the NFL.

5. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State: 6'1" 182 lbs. A pure playmaker with track speed who can be used in a variety of ways, including as a rusher. This guy is a real weapon.

6. Rashaan Melvin, CB, N. Illinois: 6'2" 193 lbs. A physical corner who started 13 games in 2011 and made 78 Tackles, 9 PBU, 3 INT's. This year teams have wised up and don't target his side of the field as much. He currently has 36 Tackles, with 10 Passes defended and 10 PBU.

7. Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton: 6'2" 305 lbs. I love taking pass rushing projects at this point. You can never have enough pass rushers and corners. Reid was 1st Team Ivy League in 2011 and he led all league D-Linemen with 68 Tackles. He also had 16 TFL and 8 sacks, while blocking 3 kicks. This year he has 24 Tackles, 7.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 blocked kicks and a Safety.

I know this is a little heavy on MAC players, but I am a Miami (OH) grad and I see a lot of MAC games. Wink
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I know Porter has been a good pass rusher in the past, but I've seen plenty of pass rushers regress, once other teams catch onto their moves. I really wanted to see if Porter could've continued his success against the double teams he would have likely faced this year. Now, he is being used more like a weakside linebacker and that is how I have to judge him, because I take the biggest part of my evaluation from the player's most recent season. I know Damontre Moore has taken over the primary pass rushing duties and he's doing a fantastic job, but when you look at the big picture and take note that Von Miller, Sean Porter and now Demontre Moore were/are now among the top pass rushers in their class while in that role, I see a pattern. I think a big part of it is the scheme. We know Von Miller is a special player, but for lightning to strike three times at the same position, on the same team, in such a short time frame is just too much of a coincidence. I just don't see there being 3 different potential NFL stars, coming off the same team, from the same position, in such a short time period. Color me a skeptic.

As far as TE's, c'mon..... While at Oakland, Zach Miller was one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL. Since coming to the Seahawks, he was primarily used as a blocker, because our O-Line was so bad and once it straightened up, he now has a rookie QB that can't get him the ball. Give Miller a decent QB and a line that can pass block and I believe he starts being the TE that we saw in Oakland. I also think McCoy is underrated. Yes, he does have mental lapses at times, but other times he makes some key plays. He's still young, once he gets the concentration thing down, I believe he can be a decent #2. When looking at the Pats 2 TE sets you also have to take into account that they have Tom Brady. That is a huge difference.

Wait. So your biggest knock on Porter is that Von Miller came out of the same system and was very successful, so there's no way Porter can be successful? You realize how ludicrous that sounds, right? You don't actually believe that. Don't lose all credibility...

Miller is decent. He's a great blocker and a decent receiver. Good hands, good size, but he's not really athletic at all. McCoy is just bad, he shouldn't be on the team next year. Jordan Reed would completely add a new element to this team. I don't see why you're so reserved about enhancing our offense.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't going to replace Zach Miller. Whatever TE that we would draft would be what we were hoping K2 to be, and more.

Anthony McCoy's play in pre-season was another justification to get rid of K2, even though I'm not a fan of him.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Wait. So your biggest knock on Porter is that Von Miller came out of the same system and was very successful, so there's no way Porter can be successful? You realize how ludicrous that sounds, right? You don't actually believe that. Don't lose all credibility...

Miller is decent. He's a great blocker and a decent receiver. Good hands, good size, but he's not really athletic at all. McCoy is just bad, he shouldn't be on the team next year. Jordan Reed would completely add a new element to this team. I don't see why you're so reserved about enhancing our offense.

I said I'm skeptical. That is far from dismissing the idea. You're also not taking into account that Demontre Moore is dominating at the same position. That is three guys in a row, from the same school, at the same position. This is Texas A&M, not USC, not Michigan, not even Texas. Are you telling me that you absolutely believe the Aggies just happen to find 3 potential NFL stars to play that position and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the scheme? If you weren't at all suspicious, I would find you to be quite gullible. That would be like lightning striking in the same spot, for three consecutive storms. Not impossible, but highly, highly unlikely. I'm a naturally suspicious person. I'd rather go for someone that I feel has less questions around them.

I'm not reserved about enhancing the offense at all. I would definitely draft 2 WR's in the next draft and possibly two O-Linemen. That is enhancement. I just don't see enhancing an area that we rarely use, where we already have a former Pro bowler in place. I wanna fill real needs like WR, where we lack a #1 guy or in my opinion, a #2 as well. We also lack a RT and depth on the interior, where we seem to suffer multiple injuries each year.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, no. I absolutely do not look at the A&M situation as something where only 1 or 2 of those guys can be successful. I actually do this weird thing where I evaluate each prospect individually and assess prospects based off of what I see. I don't waste my time worrying about things as trivial as that. I wouldn't care if there were 10 straight prospects at the same position that all looked good, I would evaluate each one separately from the other. That's really all you can do as a talent evaluator.

As far as the 2nd part goes, don't you wonder why we don't use TEs more? You think that's due to scheme? Because Bevell traditionally loves to use the TE. Coincidence that he suddenly abandons the position with our personnel? Absolutely not. Miller is good at what he does, but he's not a receiving threat. Reed would allow us to actually have a weapon from the TE position, which is like I said the greatest matchup problem on the field for an offense. This notion that we should just settle for mediocrity out of our TE position is silly.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Um, no. I absolutely do not look at the A&M situation as something where only 1 or 2 of those guys can be successful. I actually do this weird thing where I evaluate each prospect individually and assess prospects based off of what I see. I don't waste my time worrying about things as trivial as that. I wouldn't care if there were 10 straight prospects at the same position that all looked good, I would evaluate each one separately from the other. That's really all you can do as a talent evaluator.

As far as the 2nd part goes, don't you wonder why we don't use TEs more? You think that's due to scheme? Because Bevell traditionally loves to use the TE. Coincidence that he suddenly abandons the position with our personnel? Absolutely not. Miller is good at what he does, but he's not a receiving threat. Reed would allow us to actually have a weapon from the TE position, which is like I said the greatest matchup problem on the field for an offense. This notion that we should just settle for mediocrity out of our TE position is silly.

Miller is a receiving threat, but he is an old-school threat that is great across the middle (where Russell Wilson is really struggling with making throws to, for obvious reasons). But I do agree that a matchup nightmare at TE would compliment what we already have.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
We aren't going to replace Zach Miller. Whatever TE that we would draft would be what we were hoping K2 to be, and more.

Anthony McCoy's play in pre-season was another justification to get rid of K2, even though I'm not a fan of him.

Miller is set to make 11m next year. If he doesn't take a paycut, he'll be gone. TE could easily become a big need.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

We evaluate talent differently I guess. I factor in many things. I'm not dismissing Porter, I just don't have him nearly as high as you do, because I have reservations. Maybe I'm right, maybe not.

Why don't we use the TE's more? That's an easy question to answer. It's because Bevell is an incompetant oaf. Look at his offense in Minnesota. He rarely used the TE as a receiver, the first two years he was there. He largely ignored the position, early on. It wasn't until his 3rd season, Vishante Shiancoe's second year, that he really started targeting him. This is Miller's second year with the team under Bevell's scheme. I wouldn't make a judgement about the TE position until after next season, given Bevell's history, because Miller is on pace for just about the same exact numbers that Shiancoe put up in his first year under Bevell. The fact that Miller was used so much as a blocker last year, makes this essentially his first year in Bevell's offense as a real receiving TE.

I also take into account the fact that we are a running team, that has a rookie QB who is completing less than 60% of his passes and only has 8 TD's, despite starting from day 1. All those things are major factors why we are getting no production from the TE spot. It has nothing to do with Zach Miller's level of talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: