Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 - Falcons @ Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Never underestimate the opponent, but as long as we stop the run I see us winning this game. The Chiefs really need to give up on Cassel.

Do you think you guys can do that? Seahawk fans felt they "stopped" the run game even though Hillis only played a few snaps and Charles was 6 for 32. Charles game has hardly missed a beat from 2010...if he ain't all the way back, it's hard to tell.
The Falcons have finished top ten in rush defense the last 3 years. If there is anything to worry about it will be the pass defense.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probly so vs most teams...but that may spell trouble for your D vs the Chiefs, Charles has and can run on even the best run D's, so if your pass D is not as strong then KC should be able to pass especially using play action if the run game is going well.

With Tamba and Lewis out and Flowers just now practicing, you guys may put up some points unless the pass rush shows up strong somewhere else besides Houston.

I'd like to think our D is good enough to hold you to atleast the low 20's w/out Tamba, but we'll see. I think it's gonna be really hard to stop KC's offense this year...However, Cassel has shown he is fully capable of stopping our offense by missing open receivers on 3rd down, panicking in the pocket, checking down too often, etc...so he will likely dictate how we do any given game, cuz everyone else is stellar.
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Probly so vs most teams...but that may spell trouble for your D vs the Chiefs, Charles has and can run on even the best run D's, so if your pass D is not as strong then KC should be able to pass especially using play action if the run game is going well.

With Tamba and Lewis out and Flowers just now practicing, you guys may put up some points unless the pass rush shows up strong somewhere else besides Houston.

I'd like to think our D is good enough to hold you to atleast the low 20's w/out Tamba, but we'll see. I think it's gonna be really hard to stop KC's offense this year...However, Cassel has shown he is fully capable of stopping our offense by missing open receivers on 3rd down, panicking in the pocket, checking down too often, etc...so he will likely dictate how we do any given game, cuz everyone else is stellar.

I'm not as worried about our pass defense considering our improved CBs and with William Moore at safety. Also, we do have a strong all-around LB in Weatherspoon.

I'm confident in our D this week, but as the saying goes... "Any Given Sunday". Sucks I'll miss it by being here in Ireland, unless I find a random internet access point at 6PM Ireland time on Sunday. We'll see.
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="matt2roddy"]Shouldn't be too hard of a game to win, IMO. Just hoping for no injuries![/quoteHuh what? The Falcons always make games interesting. No matter the opponent. And have you ever heard of Arrowhead? Its NEVER easy there. I tell you what. Give me the final score? I say Falcons 21 Chiefs 17. I take it you see a Falcons rout? Hope youre right. Smile FREE JAQUIZZ!
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
McCown is listed as the official #2 QB on the depth chart and Garrett Reynolds will start at RG.
Arena Leaguers at best. Our o-line is still suspect after all these TD Smitty years. smh Get that corrected, and we could do some things. Not gonna win a SB with Sam Baker and Garrett Reynods on the same line. I cant see it happening. And again, I hope I'm wrong. Go Birds!
kja92

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I'm not as worried about our pass defense considering our improved CBs and with William Moore at safety. Also, we do have a strong all-around LB in Weatherspoon.

I'm confident in our D this week, but as the saying goes... "Any Given Sunday". Sucks I'll miss it by being here in Ireland, unless I find a random internet access point at 6PM Ireland time on Sunday. We'll see.

I dont know guys Im kinda scared about our rush D. While we were a top 10 team last year you have to note the fact that we dont have Lofton anymore and he played a major role in that ranking. Our new scheme under Nolan is built to improve the pass D. Not to mention the fact that opposing teams gashed our run D in the preseason. Daniel Thomas and the Jags RB's who I cant even name looked great against us.

Ohio State Buckeyes: Offseason
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
chipperboy1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I dont know guys Im kinda scared about our rush D. While we were a top 10 team last year you have to note the fact that we dont have Lofton anymore and he played a major role in that ranking. Our new scheme under Nolan is built to improve the pass D. Not to mention the fact that opposing teams gashed our run D in the preseason. Daniel Thomas and the Jags RB's who I cant even name looked great against us.

dent>lofton

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
chipperboy1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

You don't design your D and O to play at their best during the preseason. There watered down versions so what our team looks like in the pre season won't necessarily reflect the regular season.

It's not like something we have done good in for the past 3 years will just vanish. We have the personnel to stop the run and any smart coordinator, which Nolan is, will keep what works and toss what doesn't. I could see our run D slip a little but not by much.

ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno Im inclined to agree that our run defense is a bit of a Question now after losing some of our key components. Although Edwards and Jerry are looking like they're going to step up in that department.

Now, that being said I think our pass defense is about to be better than its been since primetime was playin Cool

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask, but is there anywhere I can watch the game for free online? They're showing the Aints game here in Alabama which is quite disappointing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
Hey. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask, but is there anywhere I can watch the game for free online? They're showing the Aints game here in Alabama which is quite disappointing.

Your allowed to ask, I just don't think we're allowed to answer lol.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Patro14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S GAMEDAY!

Wearing white on white for those who care today.
falcons123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching NFL GameDay Morning on NFL Network and they was doing bold prediction & Warren Sapp said that the Chiefs will blow us out 41-0. I was just saying be quiet the whole time he was talking, we will be doing the blow out. Also they had another thing with Marshall Faulk where he said Quizz should be starting and be with us when we run the no huddle and have Turner be the change of back and play when the defense is tired to beat them up.
2011 Dirty Bird Watch-DE #90-Lawrence Sidbury-11 Tackles 4 Sack
falconsfan38

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you guys want to see what games are on in which areas go to the506.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Sunday ticket is free this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: