Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: 3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1 Reply with quote

Self-explanatory, I'm trying to get a feel for the goods and bads of all the teams so far.
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is kind of late, seeing that the focus is kind of onto this week with the Saints now. Id wait for this Sunday and change this to a week two thing.

And the main thing I took away from the first game was the O-Line struggles. That looked like a huge problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:
1. The defense put up an extremely strong effort after the first half, and started to resemble some of our defenses of years past. Stingy.

2. Josh Norman looked pretty okay against Vincent Jackson. However, I wasn't as impressed as some of my fellow Panther fans seem to have been.

3. Thomas Davis not only looks healthy, but looks dangerous. He was in on some nice hits and some real solid plays. Fingers crossed his knee can hold up.

Negatives:
1. Aceboogie threw a couple ugly picks. I was really hoping we would see less of that this year, but it's only week one, and...

2. The offensive line was the most god awful atrocious display I can ever recall seeing from a Carolina o-line. Just hideously painful to watch.

3. DeAngelo Williams. I know the o-line wasn't getting a lot of push, but on a few occasions when they did, he still wasn't able to make much of anything happen. I like Williams, but I still feel we overpaid for him. There were two occasions I can remember where there was room to get some positive yards, but he danced in the backfield looking for the home run and ended up losing yards.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

3. DeAngelo Williams. I know the o-line wasn't getting a lot of push, but on a few occasions when they did, he still wasn't able to make much of anything happen. I like Williams, but I still feel we overpaid for him. There were two occasions I can remember where there was room to get some positive yards, but he danced in the backfield looking for the home run and ended up losing yards.

Not to just pick on you because Im noticing many other posters doing this too, but must we bring up Deangelo's contract whenever we talk about him? I feel like as soon as he put pen to paper everyone around here just wants to treat him like some red headed stepchild because we're into this whole "dont pay teh runnin baks" trend. Let the man play.

Looking at Deangelo's runs he had no opportunity to make plays at all. He still has the bounce and wiggle, I dont know what all this blame is for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: