Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Carolina Panthers (0-0) @ Tampa Bay Bucs (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 696
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
has this been posted yet?



i don't know whether to laugh or cry




I feel like if Cam would have thrown the bubble it would have been a TD.


yeah, for whoever that guy was who was coming off the edge. easy pick six.



Haha what? there was no one near Smith for 10 yards that is a pretty big window he had to throw all while Lafell taking care of the only threat near smith, with 8 bucs coming on an all out blitz and over half of our line past their defenders I'd be hard pressed to believe Smitty wouldn't have scored. That play was on Cam, he has more than enough touch and accuracy to make that pass.


Wow. I hadn't seen the replay of that play. What the hell? You're right though. Cam was cautious with the ball on the screen and I can see why but if he anticipated and released the ball faster it would have been a big gain.

I'd like to see more quick throws when the pass rush is like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What one earth was DeAngelo Williams doing on that play where Cam is getting annihilated? By the time Cam had 4 guys in his face, D-Will was still 8 yards behind him..? Makes no sense... Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
What one earth was DeAngelo Williams doing on that play where Cam is getting annihilated? By the time Cam had 4 guys in his face, D-Will was still 8 yards behind him..? Makes no sense... Confused


Looks like they were trying to setup the option.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25123
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.


Huh? A guy that might get 15 touches a game is the key to success? You are looking into his absence yesterday too much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25123
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.


Huh? A guy that might get 15 touches a game is the key to success? You are looking into his absence yesterday too much.


Why is it that Chud abandoned the run with Williams after a few bad touches? Stewart also gets more receptions for this team and has more positive runs. I feel like he is, I don't know.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.


Huh? A guy that might get 15 touches a game is the key to success? You are looking into his absence yesterday too much.


Why is it that Chud abandoned the run with Williams after a few bad touches? Stewart also gets more receptions for this team and has more positive runs. I feel like he is, I don't know.


We abandoned the run because the Oline could not get enough push to make a dent in the run game. Has nothing to do with RB quality.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13654
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
has this been posted yet?



i don't know whether to laugh or cry




I feel like if Cam would have thrown the bubble it would have been a TD.


yeah, for whoever that guy was who was coming off the edge. easy pick six.



Haha what? there was no one near Smith for 10 yards that is a pretty big window he had to throw all while Lafell taking care of the only threat near smith, with 8 bucs coming on an all out blitz and over half of our line past their defenders I'd be hard pressed to believe Smitty wouldn't have scored. That play was on Cam, he has more than enough touch and accuracy to make that pass.


How is that play on Cam? It was a designed speed option. It was not a pass.

We're reaching here. Offensive line whiffed completely. Unless Cam is supposed to know that with eyes in the back of his head and then just throw a lob pass out there without his feet set (which either the LB is going to obliterate him before he has a chance or jump up and who knows from there...) but then the corner on the play will probably just come down and look to make a break on the rainbow pass, then I'm not sure what else to expect. This is even assuming ANY QB would be able to think so fast to make a throw on a designed run play.

We might be able to criticize him for not checking out of the play. But the play itself certainly wasn't his fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Cam should have called an audible if he saw that many people in the box. A quick slant against that defense would have sure been at least a 1st down.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panther dude


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 6625
Location: East Lansing, MI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.


Huh? A guy that might get 15 touches a game is the key to success? You are looking into his absence yesterday too much.


Why is it that Chud abandoned the run with Williams after a few bad touches? Stewart also gets more receptions for this team and has more positive runs. I feel like he is, I don't know.


We abandoned the run because the Oline could not get enough push to make a dent in the run game. Has nothing to do with RB quality.


Yeah. Stewart playing doesnt change the fact that the line couldnt stop anyone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 2959
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:


How is that play on Cam? It was a designed speed option. It was not a pass.

We're reaching here. Offensive line whiffed completely. Unless Cam is supposed to know that with eyes in the back of his head and then just throw a lob pass out there without his feet set (which either the LB is going to obliterate him before he has a chance or jump up and who knows from there...) but then the corner on the play will probably just come down and look to make a break on the rainbow pass, then I'm not sure what else to expect. This is even assuming ANY QB would be able to think so fast to make a throw on a designed run play.

We might be able to criticize him for not checking out of the play. But the play itself certainly wasn't his fault.




Maybe I'm looking too much into his development or his chemistry with Smith, but I've seen Newton call out blitzes and change the blocking scheme based off what he saw before that amazed me. They didn't even hide that they were bringing the house Cam should have seen that coming from a mile away( of course I couldn't watch the game so I'm just basing what I see off of this one play). That bubble to Smitty would have been a big play especially with Lafell leading the way, apparently our best blocker on the team, the mentality of a QB goes hand in hand with the talent, you gotta make that read. Dont' get me wrong no one on the line of scrimmage did their job in any way, shape, or form, But I'm sure Chud was harping on that and much more in the film room today.



I'm still pretty optimistic though, allot of aberrations happen in week 1.
_________________
SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25123
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really feel like Stewart is key to this team's success.


Huh? A guy that might get 15 touches a game is the key to success? You are looking into his absence yesterday too much.


Why is it that Chud abandoned the run with Williams after a few bad touches? Stewart also gets more receptions for this team and has more positive runs. I feel like he is, I don't know.


We abandoned the run because the Oline could not get enough push to make a dent in the run game. Has nothing to do with RB quality.


Yeah. Stewart playing doesnt change the fact that the line couldnt stop anyone.


While I agree in part, just watch when Stewart comes back, hopefully next week. The running game will get going.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panther dude


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 6625
Location: East Lansing, MI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To end this disappointing start on a light note, I sure do love having Mike Tolbert. I just love watching him run Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19319
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
To end this disappointing start on a light note, I sure do love having Mike Tolbert. I just love watching him run Laughing
Chubby little dude can haul.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19319
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this game was beyond painful. I'm all for utilizing Cam's talents, but they need to just line up and run the ball. Too much out of the shotgun, all around the edge. No push up front meant defenders could just swarm to the ball. And those two picks by Cam were pretty brutal. Olsen is a stud. Linebackers are good. DLine is meh. Captain looked good in the slot, which was nice. Norman actually looked ok outside, so hopefully he continues to develop.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group