Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Carolina Panthers (0-0) @ Tampa Bay Bucs (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Sixteen teams are going to lose their first game. The Super Bowl champs lost, and we lost. So what does that mean? That means everybody has to get back to work." - Steve Smith.

Not to mention, the #1 seed in the NFC last year and the winner of the NFC South last year lost.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not much more that I could add to what has already been said here. OL is a big problem, especially the interior. Both guards were dominated all day. D. Willie was constantly hit in the backfield. I also didn't like the overall gameplan. Too much shotgun read plays that took way too long to develop. I was screaming for a screen, finally the Panthers ran one in the 4th and picked up a nice gain. The Panthers ran screens left and right in the preseason, but didn't seem to have them in the gameplan today. Save for the first quarter, the Defense actually looked decent. Offense was horrible, but y'all know that. Cam was frustrated and looked defeated all day. Even though there was a chance to win at the end of the game, it certainly didn't feel as if it would happen. Just didn't make enough plays... Oh well, back to the ole' drawing board...
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Quote:
"Sixteen teams are going to lose their first game. The Super Bowl champs lost, and we lost. So what does that mean? That means everybody has to get back to work." - Steve Smith.

Not to mention, the #1 seed in the NFC last year and the winner of the NFC South last year lost.

This doesn't make me feel any better about it. Have you guys looked at our schedule? If every team in the league plays similar to how they played in Week 1, we could be competing for the 1st overall pick in the draft next year (We have ATL twice, NO twice, TB again, play the NFC East, etc).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Quote:

This doesn't make me feel any better about it. Have you guys looked at our schedule? If every team in the league plays similar to how they played in Week 1, we could be competing for the 1st overall pick in the draft next year (We have ATL twice, NO twice, TB again, play the NFC East, etc).

I felt the same way reading Smith's comment. GB played the 49ers. I could deal with us losing to the 49ers. New Orleans has so much going on with them. If I were a Saint fan I guess I could deal with that. The Giants lost to a very good Dallas team. We lost to the Buccaneers. What we thought was our biggest strength (offense) looked terrible all day. If the offensive game plan is this bad next week, the Saints are going to really embarrass us.

He's right that we have to just get back to work but I hope the team as a whole takes the lose much more harder than the way his comment sounds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
There is not much more that I could add to what has already been said here. OL is a big problem, especially the interior. Both guards were dominated all day. D. Willie was constantly hit in the backfield. I also didn't like the overall gameplan. Too much shotgun read plays that took way too long to develop. I was screaming for a screen, finally the Panthers ran one in the 4th and picked up a nice gain. The Panthers ran screens left and right in the preseason, but didn't seem to have them in the gameplan today. Save for the first quarter, the Defense actually looked decent. Offense was horrible, but y'all know that. Cam was frustrated and looked defeated all day. Even though there was a chance to win at the end of the game, it certainly didn't feel as if it would happen. Just didn't make enough plays... Oh well, back to the ole' drawing board...

Screens should have been incorporated into the playbook earlier in the game, as soon as we saw how aggressive their D was being. Screens could have opened up the big down field play as well as the running game. Also, the short range, middle of the field was open just about every play because the LBs were playing so close to the LOS, which would have made slants a sure fire way to pick up some yards.

The lack of dumps to RBs out of the backfield was a major issue yesterday from a play calling perspective. We ran the screen very well last year and in the preseason, so I'm not sure why we didn't do it more. Many, Many times out of the backfield our RBs were wide open in the flats, Cam needs to learn to utilize those instead of going for the big play all the time. This was a problem Cam had last year, but got through it over time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gif was pretty much a sample of how [inappropriate/removed] Gross was all game. The positive to take away from this was that although we were outplayed most of the game we still had a chance to come back and win it.

This whole game was blown by the offense. IF they didn't start so slow and flat we would have had a much better chance. Still pissed that Barron swatted that deep ball to Murphy away. If Murphy was more aggressive I think he would have caught it. Smitty would have caught that football.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwan Edwards and Frank Alexander were pleasant surprises though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina_Champ wrote:

Yeah I agree. Although we gave up 90+ yds I think it was because the defense just had to be on the field too much.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
Carolina_Champ wrote:

Yeah I agree. Although we gave up 90+ yds I think it was because the defense just had to be on the field too much.

I agree. That's what happens we when only convert 20% of 3rd downs unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was pleasantly suprised with the defense. i know tampas offense isnt great but the defense did what they needed to to get the win. the offense was HORRIBLE. after last year i never though tit would look that bad. i know its the first game and i dont want to overreact but if it doesnt get alot better quick we will be looking at a top 10 pick. our schedule is to difficult to play that bad against teams like tampa.

hopefully it will get much better but next weeks game will be huge for us.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
Moody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina_Champ wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
Carolina_Champ wrote:

I agree. That's what happens we when only convert 20% of 3rd downs unfortunately.

I'm too lazy to go see the break down of the distances of our 3rd downs. I think we were in third and short a few times at most. Running the ball more effectively on first and second is the obvious solution.
hudson3010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defense was good and held them to field goals

special teams: giving up games since 2011

offensive line was terrible

bad gameplan reminded me of john fox

cam played great if you consider offensive line and gameplan

i have bad expectations for this year... WAIT! just remembered someone guaranteed a superbowl win, now i'm going to sleep in peace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
has this been posted yet?

i don't know whether to laugh or cry

I feel like if Cam would have thrown the bubble it would have been a TD.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

yeah, for whoever that guy was who was coming off the edge. easy pick six.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

yeah, for whoever that guy was who was coming off the edge. easy pick six.

Haha what? there was no one near Smith for 10 yards that is a pretty big window he had to throw all while Lafell taking care of the only threat near smith, with 8 bucs coming on an all out blitz and over half of our line past their defenders I'd be hard pressed to believe Smitty wouldn't have scored. That play was on Cam, he has more than enough touch and accuracy to make that pass.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: