Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't respond much last night. I had my first day of work today so it's been a bit of a hectic day lol.

Great game overall last night. Big time win over an AFC opponent that can easily be a deciding factor of seeding come playoff time.

I am not happy with the defensive gameplan, and eventually that's gonna kill us if it doesn't change. The offense just looked unstoppable and marched all over the Steelers honestly. I agree with Anti that Mays and Woodyard are bad. Woodyard is less bad than Mays, but still inconsistent.

Rahim Moore is not as bad as people say, by the way. He's incredibly aggressive and he can make up ground, but if that hit steers him away like it did preseason last year it could be bad. DL looked good overall. Wolfe really gets after it which is nice to see. Keith Brooking actually played well surprisingly.

Next week will be a good test, but Brent Grimes out for year could help us big time.

Thanks, Tzimisce
omegaxla49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with this game and the playoff win, and to my memory the 05(?) Playoff loss, do we have a budding rivalry brewing with the Steelers?

howie102

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get through the day without checking the score, so rather late to the party!

Was monumentally impressed with Stokes. Granted, I had low expectations, but its clear that Manning still trusts him. When he's happy to bring an ageing WR into the line, to clip a blitz, then he's clearly still reading from the same songsheet.

More importantly, it was exciting to watch. Not because you didn't know what was going to happen, a la our previous QB, but because it always felt as if we were in the game.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegaxla49 wrote:
So with this game and the playoff win, and to my memory the 05(?) Playoff loss, do we have a budding rivalry brewing with the Steelers?

There's enough recent history between the two teams to where match ups will likely be a primetime game. Plenty of things for ESPN et al. to talk about: the chess match between Peyton & LeBeau/Polamalu, Demaryius Thomas' big plays, and Ryan Clarks' sickle cell condition in the mile high atmosphere.

I have close Steeler-fan friends (oxymoron? Smile) so I always consider it a big game. I don't know if it's a rivalry, more a huge matchup everyone pays attention to.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quite an opening performance. Very impressive. Still want to wait a few games to see how we’re “game planned” for now that teams have some tape but very few negative thoughts. Just a few observations.

Not sure who’s most improved, Moore or Walton. Neither looks like the same player. What a pleasant surprise.

Nothing to say about Porter that hasn’t been said. What an addition! Harris played a very good game also. With continued maturation of Harris and Moore, we may have one of the best secondary’s in the league by mid season. It’d be nice if Carter could step up and supplant Adams. I like Adams, but he’s pretty limited physically. Funny how an area of weakness can turn into one of strength in a year.

Loved how active our DL was. I don’t have game tape or anything but I’d like to hear from those that do how many times we were running slants. Seemed like it was fairly often. I don’t think the loss of Warren will hurt us greatly. Unrein and Wolfe are a pretty active pair and from what I saw of Siliga in the pre season he’s the “immovable object” type. We’ll get a better idea this week. Atlanta’s OL’s not so banged up.

Von has improved a lot. He’s not the “one trick pony” he was last year. We may be watching greatness. Still not high on Mays, but I don’t get the hate on WW. Like I said, I can’t replay the game, but I focused on him more than a few times as DJ’s replacement. I was pleased. He was active sideline to sideline and most of his stops were within 2-3 yds of the LOS. Granted, I didn’t watch him much in pass pro, but in the run game we don’t lose a thing with him in there. For the hell of it I checked a play by play. Only found one tackle he made in the run game that went over 4 yards. Line for the day, 12 tackles, 2 for loss and a sack. If he’s’ “our worst defensive player” I must be missing something.

Manning was masterful! What a wonderful change from the helter-skelter offense of last year. He just raises the level of play of all around him. The OL is vastly improved. DT could be 1st team all pro with PM at the helm. He’s a hell of a weapon.

We didn’t have a dropped pass did we? Can’t remember it if we did. Tamme could be a steal also. I’m guessing as soon as teams start focusing on DT, Decker will tear ‘em up. Stokely seems to have a new lease on life also. Sure wish we’d re-signed Eddie.

Have to agree that our RB situation may be a bit shaky. When Willis goes out the drop off is pretty significant. We really need Moreno to step up. Does Gronk have any value?

That’s about it. Great win against a very good ball club. The road doesn’t get easier, but we’ve got 1 in the win column.
Sorry I’m so wordy, but it takes a bit to reduce a ballgame to a few paragraphs.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
We didn’t have a dropped pass did we? Can’t remember it if we did.

Deckers endzone drop is the only one I really remember. Oh and the long ball that went through DT's hands (DT was double covered on the play)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Any one listening to you would think the Broncos have 6 good players and 47 scrubs.

That's the second time in this thread you have projected your own imagination about personality onto other people. At least it wasn't me this time.

mke1010 wrote:
Caldwell is a solid #3 on some teams teams.

No he isn't. If he was a solid #3 he wouldn't have come here for cheap, and the Bengals would have been willing to re-sign him. He was expendable for them because he's not a very good player. What's more he's been worse here than he was with the Bengals, and only a completely uncritical person would say otherwise. He was terribly unreliable in preseason and that's why he's not playing much. That's why we prefer a non-talent like Willis over him. And no one here would bother to bring up Caldwell as any kind of talent if it wasn't for the mere fact that he played #3 receiver for the Bengals. This unnecessary defending is not based on anything Caldwell has shown with the Broncos.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti,

If our WR's are so bad, why not go and get T.O.? He would be an upgrade, right?
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Anti,

T.O can't play the slot and therefore would be a backup on our team. A backup WR that can't play Special Teams is a no go, especially when you consider our slot guy can't play Special Teams either.

MUFC OK
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Chris Harris came away with an ankle sprain:

Rotoworld wrote:
The severity of Harris' injury is unclear, but a walking boot would suggest a high-ankle sprain...Tony Carter would likely be thrust into a bigger role were Harris to miss time.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6910/chris-harris

Hope it isn't too bad, would much rather have Harris to combat the Atlanta passing attack than Carter.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Looks like Chris Harris came away with an ankle sprain:

Rotoworld wrote:
The severity of Harris' injury is unclear, but a walking boot would suggest a high-ankle sprain...Tony Carter would likely be thrust into a bigger role were Harris to miss time.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6910/chris-harris

Hope it isn't too bad, would much rather have Harris to combat the Atlanta passing attack than Carter.

This definitely hurts especially playing the Falcons. Harris is good at the slot and is a consistent tackler. JDR had him blitz a few times, I think he got there twice (one being a penalty though). Like hibdib31 said, hope it isn't too bad and he won't be out long.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Anti,

Saying I hate out depth and saying our wide receivers are so bad is not exactly the same thing, but in any case, Terrell Owens is terrible and has been for five years and even in his "prime" was an overrated sack of crap who put up numbers because coaches in the NFL apparently need to grow a pair. Why would I want him? I would rather have Plaxico if it comes to that. Owens did his best to keep Matt Flynn on the bench not catching balls thrown to him in pre-season and he's so done it's embarassing. I can't believe any team thought he deserved a shot at a roster spot.

lomaxgr wrote:
T.O can't play the slot and therefore would be a backup on our team. A backup WR that can't play Special Teams is a no go, especially when you consider our slot guy can't play Special Teams either.

That doesn't really matter, it isn't like Caldwell does anything of note on Special Teams. Or anything of note period.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

That doesn't really matter, it isn't like Caldwell does anything of note on Special Teams. Or anything of note period.

Doing nothing of note isn't the same as being able to contribute nothing. He can actually lineup on Special Teams whereas TO probably hasn't played on a Special Teams coverage unit since High School.

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Doing nothing of note isn't the same as being able to contribute nothing. He can actually lineup on Special Teams whereas TO probably hasn't played on a Special Teams coverage unit since High School.

Caldwell doesn't play on Special Teams either though. As far as I can remember, he doesn't appear on a single Special Teams unit. And frankly I would sooner put Terrell Owens on Special Teams than Caldwell. Maybe he could block on kick returns or something, if he's that desperate to get in the NFL(note: I do not want Terrell Owens anywhere near the Denver Broncos).
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the show "NFL Turning Point" on NBCS this week? Denver was featured and it had some great "inside" stuff. One particular thing I noticed is that the Touchdown pass to DT was thanks to our OC Mike McCoy. He was sitting on the sidlines with PFM and showed him that the Steelers were continuing to blitz from the weakside of our formation, and if he noticed that to check to a quickpass to the weakside. PFM notices the blitz coming from the weakside and throws a screen to DT that goes the distance. I think Mike McCoy is very underrated in our forum. The guy went from Orton, to Tebow, to PFM and has played to their strengths. I think he deserves a little credit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: