Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
BP

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Now that I think about it, there is no way that a sports program would point out that Peyton Manning lost to the team that Tim Tebow beat in his last game as a Bronco on the same field. I must have had a moment of temporary insanity, please forgive me.

A win last year means nothing this year. The Steeler's were about 70% their norm in the playoffs last year. They are improved, healthier new talent, new coaches.

That goes for Denver as well. Comparing last year just makes you sound like the ridiculous Chief fans that talk about 2010 as a gauge for present success.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
rhuston wrote:
BP

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Now that I think about it, there is no way that a sports program would point out that Peyton Manning lost to the team that Tim Tebow beat in his last game as a Bronco on the same field. I must have had a moment of temporary insanity, please forgive me.

A win last year means nothing this year. The Steeler's were about 70% their norm in the playoffs last year. They are improved, healthier new talent, new coaches.

That goes for Denver as well. Comparing last year just makes you sound like the ridiculous Chief fans that talk about 2010 as a gauge for present success.

I think he is trying to say that everyone knows it is going to happen should the Broncos lose. Hell, I know it will. I have many friends that are Tebow freaks and if Denver loses Sunday Night they are going to be in my ear about how Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs last year. I would also assume ESPN will make a mention of it as well because it is a story that would get a lot of attention.

I do agree with you, it doesn't matter every year/game is different, but if the Steelers win it will be coming.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
rhuston wrote:
BP

I think he is trying to say that everyone knows it is going to happen should the Broncos lose. Hell, I know it will. I have many friends that are Tebow freaks and if Denver loses Sunday Night they are going to be in my ear about how Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs last year. I would also assume ESPN will make a mention of it as well because it is a story that would get a lot of attention.

I do agree with you, it doesn't matter every year/game is different, but if the Steelers win it will be coming.

I see what you are saying. In that case, you need smarter friends.

Also, ESPN is hack journalism. They will be all over this story just to give Skip Brainless something to talk about.

That's the sad state of media coverage. There are some great stories and people in the NFL and media likes to focus on any drama and Romo bashing. Why I'd rather talk football on FF than listen to talking heads.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will James Harrison play for the Steelers on Sunday?

Harrison had his knee scoped a couple weeks ago and he said it was healing. But he did not practice much this week.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison's a game-time decision

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20094253/steelers-notebook-james-harrison-does-not-practice

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20094253/steelers-notebook-james-harrison-does-not-practice

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison

Looks like he won't suit up against us. As much as I'd like to see us go against a healthy team for the best competition sakes, but seeing that he won't play I'm not complaining to much. haha

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison

Looks like he won't suit up against us. As much as I'd like to see us go against a healthy team for the best competition sakes, but seeing that he won't play I'm not complaining to much. haha

Nahh, even though it would not be the honorable way to win, one does not go all the way without a bit of luck. To face the depleted Steelers at the beginning of the season to perhaps have positive momentum going into the first few weeks of our tough schedule... I don't care if a win of us could be attributed to some extent to Pittsburgh's injury woes/luck.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed -- Pittsburgh newspaper says Harrison won't play.
That should give the Bronco's OL some relief.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-harrison-will-not-play-sunday-652303/
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Yeah, but they did lose some veterans, like Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, and Chris Hoke. Also, Casey Hampton and Harrison are nearing the end of the line(and Hampton may already be there).

Aaron Smith hasn't been healthy for a long time, so he's not a loss because he wasn't playing anyway. James Farrior and Hines Ward weren't very good last year and are expendable. Chris Hoke was a capable backup but he's not a big loss either because the Steelers still have two capable Nose Tackles with the development of McClendon.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a close game, but a good game. Denver has a lot in their favor this game (primetime at home, with Manning) and Pittsburgh is kinda jumbled right now. Still, they're a well coached, tough team that will be hungry. I like how we've looked so far, and I think if this game is played Week 10, it's a much different story, but I definitely think that we have a great chance

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Broncos will win by a touchdown and an extra point.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think the Broncos will win by a touchdown and an extra point.
Lee Corso?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Steelers front 7 is going to exploit our offensive line because the Tebow Offense masked it so well until we played the Patriots.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I think the Steelers front 7 is going to exploit our offensive line because the Tebow Offense masked it so well until we played the Patriots.

IMO Manning will be able to mask the OL's problems much better then Tebow's offense. Manning barely, if ever, gets hit.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

IMO Manning will be able to mask the OL's problems much better then Tebow's offense. Manning barely, if ever, gets hit.

Our offensive line > Indy's offensive lines in Manning's last few years.

I'm really not that concerned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29

Jump to: