Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
That's a great observation, and one I did not consider. Makes a lot of sense that way.

Although, when they did pin their ears back on that final drive, it was nice to see the finesse moves. My goodness Von Miller's shoulder dip is a thing of beauty. On his first sack he just lowers that shoulder and the tackle can't even get a hand on him as he comes off the edge full speed. Just amazing skill.

Luckily we don't have to play QB's like Big Ben every week, so I imagine we will see a much more active Von Miller next week. Von does have a bull rush, but only as a compliment to his outside move. Did anyone else notice the attention he was getting from the Steelers? Heath Miller chipped him off the LOS at least 5 times, and there were times when not only did Von get chipped, but the RB would also stay in to double him. I think Elvis underperformed last night given the amount of 1v1 opportunities he had, but again - our outside pass rushers weren't allowed to just pin their ears back and get after Ben, and rightly so.

I noted it during the game, but it seemed like there were 2 if not 3 occasions where illegal formation was called because Heath Miller was on the end of the formation a yard or two in the backfield in an effort to help the tackle with Von Miller.

I do agree with you on Elvis; I would have liked to see him bring Ben down at least once. Does anyone know how many hits we had on Ben though? I was looking through game photos on NFL.com and SI.com and it seems like there were at least a few times Ben was throwing as Elvis & Co. were hitting him. Pressure is always good!

I was happy to see Derek Wolfe get a sack. He was drafted for these situations where Von and Elvis would receive extra attention, and he took a step in the right direction tonight providing pressure up the middle. Keep it up young man!

Next up, Matty Ice.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah woops - didn't see someone else had replied!

MUFC OK
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
[b]Does anyone know how many hits we had on Ben though?

According to ESPN ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320909007

Von - 3 hits
Woodyard - 1 hit
Chris Harris - 1 hit
Doom - 2 hits
Wolfe - 1 hit
Mays - 1 hit

In comparison, the Steelers had 3 hits on Manning apparently.

MUFC OK
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a very good start to the year for Denver. Manning looked excellent.

I was forced to watch the game at the bar, so i wasn't able to pay as close attention, but i wasn't a big fan of the game Del Rio called. I didn't like all the blitzing and stunting he did, especially with this team looking to be very strong along the front 4 with their pass rush. It seemed it hurt Denver more than it helped for the most part and created a lot of open throwing lanes.

I would much prefer being less aggressive with the blitzing. Like i said, i could be wrong though, it was packed in the bar.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-Line played well as a unit(still say Franklin, and not Beadles or Walton, is the weak link), Peyton played very well, receivers did a solid job. Porter was impressive and our three corners are an impressive group so far. McGahee did fine. Wolfe created plenty of pressure inside. Moore has pretty good range even if he's not ready yet. Tamme looks like a decent addition. Von Miller.

Moreno missed two blocks, the tackling was awful(Joe Mays and Woodyard are the worst players on this defense), Elvis Dumervil was blocked handily, Mike Adams is a bit limited in coverage even though he's a million times better than Quinton Carter, and I hate our depth at running back and wide receiver.

For the Steelers, their secondary is going to limit them all season again, they're unlucky to not have Mendenhall either time they faced Denver(with our crappy tackling yersterday he would have murdered us), and if pre-season and this game are a good indication, this is the worst Nose Tackle play they have had in god knows when. Casey Hampton is no longer explosive and McClendon is just a decent player and nothing more.

This was a good test and we passed it pretty impressively. Our next two games will be good matchups too against different types of teams, Atlanta and then Houston. We will see a lot of what this team offers in only three games.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tough start to the season. Atlanta and Houston? Yikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After finally having been able to watch the game... oh boy, where do I start?

-PFM: except for one missed line adjustment, absolutely perfect. He even ran for a first down. Laughing To see him command the no huddle is a thing of beauty. The moments in which he literally walked around examining the Steelers D, calling plays off and switching it up, draining the clock... Don Corleone-like control.

-The run D as our former weakness showed signs of improvement. Good job, especially by the DTs.

-The 3rd down and longs were so nerve-wracking. The helmet to helmet hit by Rahim to extend the Steelers' drive was even more frustrating. With that said,

-The secondary looked impressive. Porter is such a huge upgrade over Goodman and Adams made one heck of a TD saving play taking over Brown from Bailey on a deep post in the 2nd half.

-Mays was bad in coverage. The first TD by Pittsburgh was his fault. Add a 3rd and long conversion by Sanders (?). Is Manti Te'o good versus the pass? Willis certainly has a habit of fumbling during crucial drives. Moreno missed a few blocking assignments, but showed some pop in his legs. The refs made several bad calls, for and against us. Miller, rockin' n rollin'. He has gotten a lot better in run defense. Wolfe was so stout against the run and had his first sack. Happy for him. DT picked up where he left off. What a physical receiver.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited for you guys. I'm a big Manning fan and always hoped he'd win 1 more before he retired. Steelers were definitely missing some people, but Denver looked pretty good all around. Listened to some of the post game this morning where Manning talked about not having it all down yet and still being somewhat limited. I'm Hoping to see a lot of improvement over the next 6 weeks. The schedule didn't cut you any breaks though. This beginning part of the season could be very up and down emotionally for Denver fans Laughing

I was a little surprised to see Decker not have a big game. It's only 1 week, but I figured he would be really successful with Manning at the helm.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I'm pretty excited for you guys. I'm a big Manning fan and always hoped he'd win 1 more before he retired. Steelers were definitely missing some people, but Denver looked pretty good all around. Listened to some of the post game this morning where Manning talked about not having it all down yet and still being somewhat limited. I'm Hoping to see a lot of improvement over the next 6 weeks. The schedule didn't cut you any breaks though. This beginning part of the season could be very up and down emotionally for Denver fans Laughing

I was a little surprised to see Decker not have a big game. It's only 1 week, but I figured he would be really successful with Manning at the helm.
Decker kind of disappeared for awhile. But much of that has to do with the fact that Manning spreads the ball around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
O-Line played well as a unit(still say Franklin, and not Beadles or Walton, is the weak link), Peyton played very well, receivers did a solid job. Porter was impressive and our three corners are an impressive group so far. McGahee did fine. Wolfe created plenty of pressure inside. Moore has pretty good range even if he's not ready yet. Tamme looks like a decent addition. Von Miller.

Moreno missed two blocks, the tackling was awful(Joe Mays and Woodyard are the worst players on this defense), Elvis Dumervil was blocked handily, Mike Adams is a bit limited in coverage even though he's a million times better than Quinton Carter, and I hate our depth at running back and wide receiver.

For the Steelers, their secondary is going to limit them all season again, they're unlucky to not have Mendenhall either time they faced Denver(with our crappy tackling yersterday he would have murdered us), and if pre-season and this game are a good indication, this is the worst Nose Tackle play they have had in god know's when. Casey Hampton is no longer explosive and McClendon is just a decent player and nothing more.

This was a good test and we passed it pretty impressively. Our next two games will be good matchups too against different types of teams, Atlanta and then Houston. We will see a lot of what this team offers for only three games.

Only you can write a piece after yesterday's game and be such a downer. After reading this, I am not even sure we won the game. Did we? We have enough depth at WR. When Hillman gets back, we will also be fine at RB. Moreno will get better, Ball is a solid vet and Hillman should bring some explosion all behind Willis.

And btw Franklin looked very very solid last night. For one day, there should be no talk of him being a weak link. He was far from that last night. Cheers.
SacTownSteeler7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game last night guys, even though we ended up on the losing end.

Just got back to Cali from Denver and felt I needed to say you guys are awesome fans. Me and my girl hung out at Mile High station for a few hours and got drunk before the game, then walked to the stadium surrounded by Bronco fans. Not a single insult or anything I have come to expect from other stadiums I've visited.

Your fans are a class act, the atmosphere at the stadium was electric, and it was a pleasure even with the loss.

Good luck the rest of the year.

PROPS TO Lyasr529 FOR THE SIG!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Appreciate that man.

Reminded me of a funny story from the weekend. My friends and I were at the CU game at Folsom and saw a dude in a Steelers a few rows back. We were giving him some crap pretty jokingly and then he turned around and showed us that it was Kordell Stewart and we were like okaaay and clapped a little haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two favorite parts about last nights game were:

1. That play where we ended up calling timeout after Polamalu came up to the line, Peyton backed out, Polamalu backed out, then Peyton back in, Polamalu back in, then Peyton back out. Just a fascinating game of cat and mouse between two of the smartest players of our generation Laughing

2. The Manning scramble. It was obvious it was meant to be a run and either Knowshon or Peyton went the wrong way. Despite nobody running a route, Peyton rolls out of the pocket looking ready to throw to keep the secondary back as he jogs for the first Laughing

Kinda like that time BMarsh ran an end around and did a pump fake 10 yards past the line of scrimmage and still fooled the guy Laughing

^This guy is our forum mod
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Only you can write a piece after yesterday's game and be such a downer.

There's very little that is either "downer" or upbeat about that post. It was completely inexpressive of any emotions and merely pointed out positives and negatives in the most straightforward way possible.

mke1010 wrote:
After reading this, I am not even sure we won the game.

Well I'm glad I didn't type the only response in this thread then. I wouldn't want to confuse you.

mke1010 wrote:
We have enough depth at WR.

We really don't. We have three receivers who can play, Decker, Thomas, and Stokley. None of the others are any good. So long as our top three remain healthy, we can get by with this group. But if we have to rely on backups it will hurt the team.

mke1010 wrote:
When Hillman gets back, we will also be fine at RB.

Unproven.

mke1010 wrote:
Moreno will get better,

Give me a break with this. Moreno is lucky to be on the team.

mke1010 wrote:
And btw Franklin looked very very solid last night. For one day, there should be no talk of him being a weak link. He was far from that last night. Cheers.

He was ok, nothing more.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Only you can write a piece after yesterday's game and be such a downer.

There's very little that is either "downer" or upbeat about that post. It was completely inexpressive of any emotions and merely pointed out positives and negatives in the most straightforward way possible.

mke1010 wrote:
After reading this, I am not even sure we won the game.

Well I'm glad I didn't type the only response in this thread then. I wouldn't want to confuse you.

mke1010 wrote:
We have enough depth at WR.

We really don't. We have three receivers who can play, Decker, Thomas, and Stokley. None of the others are any good. So long as our top three remain healthy, we can get by with this group. But if we have to rely on backups it will hurt the team.

mke1010 wrote:
When Hillman gets back, we will also be fine at RB.

Unproven.

mke1010 wrote:
Moreno will get better,

Give me a break with this. Moreno is lucky to be on the team.

mke1010 wrote:

He was ok, nothing more.

Anti,

Come on..... Moreno made this team because he almost always picks up the blitz. He whiffed on two occasions yesterday. What about the blocks he did pick up. He was about 80% on his blocking (probably higher, but I am not going to look it up).

Any team that needs to go past their 3 starters at WR are going to struggle.....unless that team has Peyton Manning Laughing

Great win, but I do agree the next two games will be even more telling. It hurts we lost Warren, he made a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to: