Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both teams will struggle to run the ball early. That should give a slight advantage to the Broncos. Manning and Co. will use the quick strike offense to get an early lead. I don't see the Steelerz doing well against a healthy Von and Doom. They struggled mightily last year and probably will again.

Broncos 34
Steelerz 21

Manning 21-27 277 and 3 TD's is the game MVP.
Decker 5 for 85 1 TD
Thomas 3 for 60 1 TD
Dresseen 7 for 75 1 TD
McGahee 18 rushes for 75 yards 1TD
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Is Harrison expected to play I wonder? I'm curious to see what the Pittsburgh's subpackage blitzes will look like. In pre-season Pittsburgh rather frequently would line Timmons outside and use him as a primary pass rusher(where the OLB Chris Carter would either cover a back or blitz if the back stayed in to block). Will they do the same with Harrison as Carter or does that just mean Timmons will be covering more? They played a lot of varying nickel sets, often times they like to keep only 2 D-Lineman(Keisel and Hood most likely) and have 4 Linebackers out there.

I don't know how our players(Center over to the right) are going to be able to hold up against the Steelers stunts and blitzes so perhaps a conservative gameplan would do us best? Pittsburgh fans have been hyping McClendon but my impression is a guy who does good against average interior linemen and not so good against good ones. I think we can get some movement in the run game. So long as we don't have Tight Ends isolated against Harrison or Woodley.

In the Playoffs last year their receivers didn't kill us, maybe it was because Roethlisberger wasn't healthy but I'm still a bit worried about how we will match against Wallace and Brown. It will be a good test. Porter is much more athletic than Goodman and it will help against those quick receivers(which Pittsburgh did a poor job of taking advantage of last season, Emmanuel Sanders should have played more because Goodman struggled with him, much more of a matchup problem than Cotchery).

We don't have DJ, which means our nickel linebackers are going to be Mays and Woodyard. I'm honestly not looking forward to seeing these guys try to tackle Ben Roethlisberger, so hopefully Dumervil and company bring down Ben and prevent him from getting loose.

If Harrison plays, I expect holding penalties on Clady and I also expect Chris Rainey is going to make some mistakes for the Steelers. Also it's a big plus for us that the Steelers good Safety isn't playing, because his replacement in Mundy sucks as a starting Safety.

theres an article on denverpost noting all the injured players pittsburgh has, top 2 runningbacks, o-line, ben isnt healthy, harrison might not play and wallace might not be on the field the majority of the game
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers are looking like they want to be a run-first team. Their roster has 4 WRs but 6 RBs. Maybe they don't have confidence in their OL.

The game should be a good test of the Broncos new DL in stopping the run.

Broncos over Steelers: 24-20.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be an easy win for Denver. Home game and the Steelers are coming into the season banged up. A top the fact they have key players ailing or coming back off contract disputes, they have an entirely new offense that will be a work in progress by all accounts.

Just can't see the Steelers overcoming their issues week 1. Denver are 2 point favorites coming in, so Vegas sees it the same way.

Good luck, happy hunting. Broncos 20 - 13.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
This should be an easy win for Denver. Home game and the Steelers are coming into the season banged up. A top the fact they have key players ailing or coming back off contract disputes, they have an entirely new offense that will be a work in progress by all accounts.

Just can't see the Steelers overcoming their issues week 1. Denver are 2 point favorites coming in, so Vegas sees it the same way.

Actually, the home team is "technically" given +2.975 points. Therefore, at a neutral field Vegas thinks the Steelers are the better team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Actually, the home team is "technically" given +2.975 points. Therefore, at a neutral field Vegas thinks the Steelers are the better team.

Additionally those stats they use to give odds are pretty off.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

In that case, they are accurate. Steelers are the better team. But they won't be this week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP, you mention this "should" be an easy win and yet predict the score to be 20-13. Further you mention all the things working against the Steelers, but fail to mention all the unknowns and issues with the Broncos. They too have a new offense, offensive chemistry in question, a new QB coming off of a serious injury, their best interior OL injured, and their best blocking TE suspended. While their defense will essentially have 4 new starters along the front 7, a new defensive coordinator, their starting WLB suspended, and still big questions about the safety play.

This won't be a walk in the park for Denver and I would be incredibly surprised if it was. I fully expect it to be a tough game and your prediction of a 1 possession game indicates similar feelings. The whole "should be an easy win" is just a cover so if the Broncos were to lose you could come in and point out all the reasons the "should have easily won" and how they aren't what they (admittedly many Broncos fans have been quite optimistic) have been hyped up to be.

As I have stated all off season I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver stumble out of the blocks, there has been a lot of change and a lot of unknowns and potential hang ups, which is something you have been quick to point out as well, up until this point. Still, I expect Denver to complete a winning season and anything short I would consider a failure with the moves they have made.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos 23
Steelers 21

Prater with a game winner to start the season..

^would be awesome if that happen, although I don't know if my heart can take another season when games are decided in the last minutes like last year..

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be disappointed if we lost this game.

If the Steelers can run the ball, this will be a close game. They'll keep PFM off the field and be able to take up huge chunks of time.

If we score score early and often I have a hard time seeing the Steelers being able to catch up. Our defense is designed to blitz the passer and I don't think the Steelers OL can hold up.

Something I am looking forward to is seeing our running game without Tebow.

I don't expect this to be a walk in the park, but I do expect us to win this game.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything has been said. I am so flippin excited that the NFL season is here again. Late summer through winter is the best time of the year.

Broncos win it 31-24.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
BP, you mention this "should" be an easy win and yet predict the score to be 20-13. Further you mention all the things working against the Steelers, but fail to mention all the unknowns and issues with the Broncos. They too have a new offense, offensive chemistry in question, a new QB coming off of a serious injury, their best interior OL injured, and their best blocking TE suspended. While their defense will essentially have 4 new starters along the front 7, a new defensive coordinator, their starting WLB suspended, and still big questions about the safety play.

End of the day, Denver's issues don't outweigh the Steelers. They have a WR coming off hold out, Oline is still an issue. Big Ben is still dinged up. Harrison may not play. This isn't their best team to say the least.

germ-x wrote:
This won't be a walk in the park for Denver and I would be incredibly surprised if it was. I fully expect it to be a tough game and your prediction of a 1 possession game indicates similar feelings. The whole "should be an easy win" is just a cover so if the Broncos were to lose you could come in and point out all the reasons the "should have easily won" and how they aren't what they (admittedly many Broncos fans have been quite optimistic) have been hyped up to be.

As I have stated all off season I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver stumble out of the blocks, there has been a lot of change and a lot of unknowns and potential hang ups, which is something you have been quick to point out as well, up until this point. Still, I expect Denver to complete a winning season and anything short I would consider a failure with the moves they have made.

Saying it should be an easy win might be a tad off. But in my mind, the Steelers are a bit of a mess coming in. They have a number of issues including QB which should make their lives difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a bad feeling that Denver will lose by a field goal. Denver has upgraded at QB, DT, and CB, but I just think that it will take Peyton a couple of weeks to get into a groove and be comfortable at game speed. I think the Defense will be better, but the Steelers will win a close one 23 to 20.
rhuston

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that feels that schedule gods put this game first trying to create controversy. Denver spent a lot of money improving their roster and if they lose to the team that Tim Tebow beat last year you will immediately start hearing skeptics.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
Am I the only one that feels that schedule gods put this game first trying to create controversy. Denver spent a lot of money improving their roster and if they lose to the team that Tim Tebow beat last year you will immediately start hearing skeptics.

I knew the Gods planned the NFL schedules. Along with water, air, and land, they decided to create the NFL schedule..

Sorry...just messing...I couldn't resist. I am addicted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: