Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What kind of player were you? for real, and what could be.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelbot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
cthomas09 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
I ended up playing D-1 baseball. I was a decent football player but gave it up before High School because I didn't want to risk getting injured for the sport I had potential in. Looking back, I wish I had been more well-rounded instead of focusing just on one sport. I was burned out by the time my senior year in college rolled around.
you went to beavercreek didn't you? Beavercreek sucked at football when i was in school

Yeah, I did. They were horrible when I was in high school (07 grad). Where did you go? We had good track, soccer, pretty good baseball (Justin Masterson), but the football program was always lousy. Unless it's changed since I graduated, I don't think they've had a winning program in the last 20 years.

Beavercreek is one of the few schools my alma matter (Fairmont) beats regularly Cool. But I know they crushedCarroll week one by 60 points because all of my in-laws are Patriot alum. Not sure about last week. It's going to be tough for them to be relevant soon; I think they are pay for play right now after a losing a few levies. I know they lost busing. Unfortunate for a city with so much economic growth the past 20 years.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
Beavercreek is one of the few schools my alma matter (Fairmont) beats regularly Cool. But I know they crushedCarroll week one by 60 points because all of my in-laws are Patriot alum. Not sure about last week. It's going to be tough for them to be relevant soon; I think they are pay for play right now after a losing a few levies. I know they lost busing. Unfortunate for a city with so much economic growth the past 20 years.

The funny thing about the fact that Fairmont still always smashes Beavrcreek is that the Beavercreek coach used to be at Fairmont and is most adamant about beating Fairmont before every other team. It still doesn't matter. Yeah, my brother told me about that Carroll game this week. Unfortunately for Beavercreek, they play Hilliard Davidson this week. I live in Hilliard now, and if I didn't have to work that night, I would witness the massacre with my own eyes. It's not going to be pretty - I'll be surprised if Hilliard wins by less than 50.

It is unfortunate about the levies. I think you're right about the pay for play too. I know you're right about the busing. My brother is a teacher at Beavercreek HS, and with just a couple years on, if the next levy fails, he's likely to be out a job. They can't pass a levy, and neither can Xenia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
my advice to a young player who wants to play LB as well, WATCH TAPE OF RAY LEWIS

I'm kinda partial to this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxR9qYSHt8U

I was blessed to play LB/DE in Highschool (Before being a tweener was cool) I added TE my Sr year...5'9 210lbs in HS, and grew to a 5'10 235lbs in college (Benedict College) where I played 2.5. seasons. I hung up the cleats after getting my 5th concussion in the spring practice of my Jr season...and this was before it was fashionable to hang it up for concussions.....my boys who wanted so badly to play college ball use to clown me...saying "awwww he quit because he had a headache or two..."

A couple of them have actually said something to me/appologized over the past few years..

And no offense to the brothers who posted this earlier....but my advice to a young player...if you really and I mean REALLY want to play ILB like its suppose to be played...here is a highlight film (not very good though) of the MOST TECHNICALLY SOUND LB of my generation...and I would argue...top 3 technically sound regardless of position in the history of the NFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yE5FLOv-OY

And sad to say it.....but who SHOULD have been a Cleveland Brown alltime great......how many people new he actually tried out of the Browns....and was cut for being too small.....
Old Pop's DaWg_Lb., use to LOVE Samuel Davis Mills Jr. and broke me down on his history.....my favorite defensive player in NFL History....the ORIGINAL Honey Badger....before science discovered the species LOL....

I mean for real.....how many players retire one year and are asked to come back and coach the position for the team THE NEXT SEASON????? LOL, pretty rare IMO....

I guess I say all that to say.....I really saw myself as trying to emulate him coming out of HS and into college....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: