Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What kind of player were you? for real, and what could be.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31626
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
2ND TEAM ALL STATE RB IN PA SON


i dont put stock into all state selections...to me it seems more politics.

my first year of college, I had to compete against a bunch of first year OL for the starting position on JV at the DIII school I was at. about 3 of the kids were first team all state for Ohio and 2 of them were awful. it could be different in PA but im not a big fan of ppl getting selected to all state. some of the kids i know that got selected to all state from my HS were kinda shocking
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
brownie_415


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 843
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was turrible. As a junior I got on the field once as a LG, and played Special Teams, which I was actually good at, kinda.

Never grew past 5'9'', short, slow, and more interested in getting girls from being on the team, than being on the team. Not a good combo. Partied too much to learn the play book, overall was better made for the stands. Glad I did it, wish I took it more serious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7426
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
2ND TEAM ALL STATE RB IN PA SON


i dont put stock into all state selections...to me it seems more politics.

my first year of college, I had to compete against a bunch of first year OL for the starting position on JV at the DIII school I was at. about 3 of the kids were first team all state for Ohio and 2 of them were awful. it could be different in PA but im not a big fan of ppl getting selected to all state. some of the kids i know that got selected to all state from my HS were kinda shocking


Well the guy who got first team was Paul Pozluszny. That's pretty sweet. Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson, and Steve Breaston were all around in western PA at that time, too.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
2ND TEAM ALL STATE RB IN PA SON


i dont put stock into all state selections...to me it seems more politics.

my first year of college, I had to compete against a bunch of first year OL for the starting position on JV at the DIII school I was at. about 3 of the kids were first team all state for Ohio and 2 of them were awful. it could be different in PA but im not a big fan of ppl getting selected to all state. some of the kids i know that got selected to all state from my HS were kinda shocking


Well the guy who got first team was Paul Pozluszny. That's pretty sweet. Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson, and Steve Breaston were all around in western PA at that time, too.


who are those guys? a bunch of nobodies? Cool
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7426
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
2ND TEAM ALL STATE RB IN PA SON


i dont put stock into all state selections...to me it seems more politics.

my first year of college, I had to compete against a bunch of first year OL for the starting position on JV at the DIII school I was at. about 3 of the kids were first team all state for Ohio and 2 of them were awful. it could be different in PA but im not a big fan of ppl getting selected to all state. some of the kids i know that got selected to all state from my HS were kinda shocking


Well the guy who got first team was Paul Pozluszny. That's pretty sweet. Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson, and Steve Breaston were all around in western PA at that time, too.


who are those guys? a bunch of nobodies? Cool


Yeah I couldn't hold their jocks back in the day. They were some freaks.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31626
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what PA school did u go to?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7426
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
what PA school did u go to?


Seneca.. Out in the sticks.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
I was a spectater who sat in the stands with some girls. Had a great time.


Same. I don't regret quitting football after my freshman year one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops double post
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21255
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most undersized Center in the world. lol
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3868
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT, I was Mitchell Schwartz without everything that makes him good.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marky


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 2539
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played QB/S up until 8th grade then played WR/CB freshman year, quit after that. I like watching it more than playing it..
_________________


XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42844
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
RT, I was Mitchell Schwartz without everything that makes him good.


So you were like O'Neil Cousins?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5425
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallest player on the field every game I ever played. I wrestled at 130 and didn't diet to get to weight so I'm guessing that to be my football weight too. I was a whooping 5'3. I was always a corner bc I was always the fastest kid on the team, but when I moved schools following freshman year my new coach decided it would be a good idea to make me a NT! I thought it was dumb, so did teammates and the fullbackers. Well it worked like a charm. I loved it from the first practice. Led my team in TFL and sacks 2 years and went for 6.5 in one game as a junior. I was also the kick returner and a reserve RB. Went to DIII Wilmington for a year as the JV returner then got into a car accident that shattered my femur, pelvis, and several other bones on my left side.

If there is a smaller football player out there I'd love to hear about it.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12341
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
RT, I was Mitchell Schwartz without everything that makes him good.


So you were like O'Neil Cousins?




_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group