Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What kind of player were you? for real, and what could be.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: What kind of player were you? for real, and what could be. Reply with quote

Beyound starting to feel the efects, Now i'm becoming old.

An effort to walk a mile used to be running them 15 at a time, everyday.

Stepping carefully over something in the living room my kid left used to be 50 locker room bench jumps.

I was a left CB. Had an additude. To all you QB's out there, through the ball my way, i'm takin' it from you. IT'S MY BALL.

I've scored over 30 in Roundball, Wen't 5 for 5 on the diamond and rushed for more than 120 yards a game very numerous times. Not in the backyard, all organized sports leauges.

I was a steady 4.4 40 in my youth topping out at 3.90 once. It was probably wind assited.

My point tonight is through all of that and 2 divorces and 15 years of being a single dad, I'VE ALWAYS REMAINED TO BE A BROWNS FAN.

You people who I read comments about wanting to jump ship..... GET LOST.

Those people who what to look at the negative, you are in the Caboose. I am with my friends up front with the positives while we care and tend to how our Caboose needs to improve.

The winning begins up front.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterback. Back in '82 I could throw a football a quarter mile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a silent assasin at WR I only talked smack if I thought you were good. I was slow but I took pride in my route running and knowing when to bail out my QB.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would run it down Mr. Murdock.

If you wen't underneith, I was smarter, faster and quicker then your best WR.

You see, I always played one step ahead.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a TE/OLB. was a decent cathing TE, Not a gamebreaker by anymeans but had solid reliable hands and was a good blocker. As an OLB I excelled at rushing off the edge, I used to take the other teams films home with me so I had a pretty decent idea of what they were running by the formation they were in, I had like 8 sacks my senior year. I guess I would describe myself as a scrappy high motor guy
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg makes a good point for being in your youth and to listen to your coaches.

I was once at the Dean Smith Ctr with the legend coaching practice.

He wen't over a 1-3-1 out of bounds over and over. I even heard him say out load, "They Really Do This". If they wern't ready for it, they would have been burst by it.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the team, but I was so far down the depth chart that I needed.....

Seriously, I didn't have any drive when I played. I was trying to do something, anything that would make my father take notice when I was in school. It didn't work. Two years on varsity, and I played in 1 quarter of 1 game. I learned alot about the game, especially by watching (what else was I going to do?)

I coached for four years earlier in my teaching career, and was fortunate enough to be part of a staff that won a state championship here in Ohio in 1999.

Funny story about it......When we went to play against my alma mater (I was coaching at the time) for the first time, we were hauling gear to the visitor's sideline, and I mentioned to one of the other coaches that "I played here for four years, and this is almost the most time I have ever spent on this field."

I've had the children of several of my teammates in my classes over the years, and they have obviously told their sons different stories than I told mine. I was honest. I STUNK. They weren't so honest, but they stunk TOO. A couple of them have become a bit miffed with me when I mentioned to their kids that they were standing on the sidelines right along side me. Laughing

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#GETWELLERICBERRY! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 37 tackles, 2 sacks
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my advice to a young player who wants to play LB as well, WATCH TAPE OF RAY LEWIS
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
my advice to a young player who wants to play LB as well, WATCH TAPE OF RAY LEWIS

I'm kinda partial to this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxR9qYSHt8U

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#GETWELLERICBERRY! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 37 tackles, 2 sacks
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always one of the bigger kids in my class so I was always the best linemen on all the teams I played on. In Pee Wee we had a nice set of DTs: My buddy (who played at WVU) and I. We either won the superbowl or lost in the superbowl. In middle school I was the best O linemen and the best D linemen. I remember half way through 8th grader my HC for the team pulled me aside and told me that he thought I had the ability to get a scholarship someday (either from FBS. FCS, or DII) sucks i never grew any much bigger. In Middle school I was about 5'8-5'9 225+lbs. Freshmen year is when injuries started to ruin me. Got a knee injury two weeks into football camp (didnt miss any games tho because of it) Was talked to about being moved up to JV but wanted to keep me with the freshmen. 10th grade I was made the back up varsity center and one of the back up RTs. If my team makes it to the playoffs that year I prolly make my first varsity start in the playoffs ( we missed the playoffs by .002 of a point. 11th grade I was the only underclassmen to start on the offensive line and was the #2 DT (the #1 DT was the player of the year in my county) When he would be out of the game I would make my fair share of plays. I say I had a pretty good year. I was awarded all county but didnt get much else. Was getting some looks but that wrestling season I tore my ACL, MCL, and menicus. I lost out on all chance to go to football camps. After that my HC was just a total [inappropriate/removed] towards me my senior year. Our relationship totally changed. I was the best DT on the team but yet he would never let me play because he only wanted to use me on offense. I was 6ft 245 my senior year and he would always play a junior DT who was 5'8 175 and opposing teams would just destroy us. Had a bad senior year mainly because of the knee so basically ended up going the DIII route for college. Went to a DIII school and the coaches were super impressed with me. Month into my freshmen year the OC told me and a buddy I made that we were going to be the starting RG and LG by the time we are juniors. after my freshmen year I was made the back up center for varsity. I transferred out because it was pricey and to be closer to home (found out the starting center got hurt in preseason and had to retire, so i would of been a 3year starter on that team) I ended up being a starter for a DII school for a season, was projected to be the starting RG the next season but i pulled my hamstring and it forced me to miss a majority of camp and my back up was able to steal my job and when i got healthy i pulled my hip flexer and was never healthy for that season. My senior year I got a stress fracture in my right knee a week before the season started and i missed the entire season.

IMO I was always a very good football player but injuries would derail me everything I got rolling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I graduated in 09 I played TE and MLB. I was 6'4 230, put 185 36 times, and ran a 4.7 4 year lettermen but played mostly special teams my freshman and half my sophmore year. Led the team in st tackles freshmen and sophmore year. My sophmore to junior year I played rover which was like a nickel/safety/lb position just running around making plays. My junior year I was Captain of the ST and my senior year I was Head Captain and Defensive Captain. I led the team with 7 int, 3 pick 6s, 127 tackles, and 6 sacks. I had offers from Akron, Toledo, BG, Central Michigan, and Pitt.... My senior year I got three concussions. Never came out of the game. And I decided I wanted to stay close to my younger brothers and was going to go to Toledo even though I really wanted to go to Pitt..... The summer before my freshman year I had two seizures and it took me almost a year and half to full get back to normal. I was diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and they said I couldn't play anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a spectater who sat in the stands with some girls. Had a great time.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
I graduated in 09 I played TE and MLB. I was 6'4 230, put 185 36 times, and ran a 4.7 4 year lettermen but played mostly special teams my freshman and half my sophmore year. Led the team in st tackles freshmen and sophmore year. My sophmore to junior year I played rover which was like a nickel/safety/lb position just running around making plays. My junior year I was Captain of the ST and my senior year I was Head Captain and Defensive Captain. I led the team with 7 int, 3 pick 6s, 127 tackles, and 6 sacks. I had offers from Akron, Toledo, BG, Central Michigan, and Pitt.... My senior year I got three concussions. Never came out of the game. And I decided I wanted to stay close to my younger brothers and was going to go to Toledo even though I really wanted to go to Pitt..... The summer before my freshman year I had two seizures and it took me almost a year and half to full get back to normal. I was diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and they said I couldn't play anymore.

holy crap that sucks man...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't play my last 2 years of ball (got I hate that decision)

But i was a SS primarily. Though we ran a 5-2 defense. I was always "in the box". So really, we challenged anyone to run the ball and didn't give a damn about the pass. We have at least 5 guys over 250 and 2 closing in on 300. Our DL was sweet. My job was easy. Don't mess up.

I was also the backup RB. The guy in front of me was a legit 4.6 240 guy. I think he carried the ball about 30 times a game.

Last edited by bulldog on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ND TEAM ALL STATE RB IN PA SON

<3 JF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: