Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Minnesota Vikings 1PM E.T.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Of course Vikings fans wont admit we will beat them. But honestly we should of all goes right. Could be a long day for Kalil. Minceys gonna give him a fit. They will strauggle Cunningham the football. Ponder will have pressure in his face all day

lol and I'm called the Troll.

It was a pretty good discussion until he decided to make that post. I was enjoying reading everyone's opinion on the different individual matchups.

Yea, some guys just get a little excited.

It's also not all that surprising Kalil has struggled. But he has every tool to be elite in the near future. It looks like Branch will start on the right side, so rookie on rookie should be a good matchup to get his regular season feet wet. It also makes sense for the Jaguars to try to line Mincey up over there to try to take advantage of the rookie as well. But fortunately for you guys, we don't really have anybody else who can play end on the other side, since Branch isn't very stout against the run.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
How much will MJD play this game? If you have been hearing anything feedback would be great!

That's a little hard to tell. Mularkey called him a "third down back". But I'm sure it'll be very difficult to take him off the field if he were to get rolling. On the other side of the coin, if he looks rusty, I'd imaguine he'd be very limited in his role.

- Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Hopefully Cook is over his troubles, because he has all the talent in the world. He'll have his hands full chasing Robinson up the field. Whoever your better tackling safety is will be tasked with staying back on Blackmon - he showed the same ability in the preseason that made him so good in college - he'l give a defense headaches if they don't bring him down shortly after he gets the ball in his hands.

Another neat matchup will be Monroe and Allen. Monroe is a very underrated tackle and should limit Allen's effectiveness (as will short drops by Gabbert). I'm excited Monroe will get a chance to showcase his talent against a top two pass rusher.

Just out of curiosity, what's the work on AP playing? Also the skinny on Ponder? I don't think he was as bad as many have made him out to be (we have a similar perception we deal with with Gabbert).

I deleted some of it, but that was a great post. Applause

The Vikings best tackling safety is without question the rookie Harrison Smith. The safety play on this team last season was non existent, so there really isn't much competition in that spot.

Monroe vs Allen. If this were in Jacksonville, I'd lower my expectations for Allen, but he is a force at the dome. Also good pass rushers are Brian Robison, Kevin Williams, and Everson Griffen. The one matchup I know Minnesota can win is the defensive line. Easily the best group on the team, that's why I talk about them so much. Laughing

I'm going to assume Peterson either doesn't play, or plays very little. They have confidence in both Toby Gerhart and occasionally Percy Harvin in the backfield. Gerhart is actually a good pass catcher out of the backfield, and much better than Peterson picking up blitzes. Might just be a young team coming together, but someone had stats showing the Vikings offense as better without Peterson. Shocked

You're definitely right about Allen. The guy is nearly unstoppable, especially on turf. But the right side of out line is definitely the weakness and he'll be lined up on the stronger side. If Allen gets sacks, which he probably will, I'd expect them to be of the Blaine running away from the other side rather than him beating Monroe strait up (although he can definitely beat Monroe, or any other tackle in football). Our right tackle was undrafted last year, and no matter what the team says, he's nowhere near as good as Britton, but Britton had to be moved inside with Rackley's injury.

I think Gerhart will do fine. He's probably a similar step down from AP as Jennings will be from MJD. I always liked Percy out of the backfield - it's a good way to let him do damage in space. You don't want him taking the beating, but it's got to be pretty tempting for the coaching staff.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Of course Vikings fans wont admit we will beat them. But honestly we should of all goes right. Could be a long day for Kalil. Minceys gonna give him a fit. They will strauggle Cunningham the football. Ponder will have pressure in his face all day

Buddah which you even post? Nothing you ever say makes since. You do nothing but downgrade the jags BC your love for mjd.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if kalil will be dealing with Branch his day could be a little better but Branch is no slouch either. I forgot yo ran that formation where Percy runs the ball. Are rushing Defense should be very good with Daryl an Paul an Allen.
Knighton an Alualu will be giving the middle fits both are looking like they could have Breakout years. Don't be surprised with Josh Robinson takes over as your #2 CB or possibly 1 down the line. His potential is sick.
Game comes down to what 2nd year QB is ready an most improved. IMO
Special teams could play a nice role for us as well.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

Buddah which you even post? Nothing you ever say makes since. You do nothing but downgrade the jags BC your love for mjd.

Most everything I post makes "sense". And "since" you know me soooo well from your 10 months of posting while I've been on this site for 6 years, you should know that I never downgrade the Jags. And I've been critical of MJD over the years as well. Don't get your panties in a wad when you're the target of being called a troll. Apparently some can dish it out but they can't take it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

sig worthy!
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

Blasphemy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

Laughing

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is basically a pickem. Two eerily similar teams of eerily comparable composition. I think the Jaguars, as of right now, are probably more talented and a better overall group, but the game being in Minny evens out whatever small advantage we have in that regard.

I want to win, but honestly, if Gabbert shows his preseason performances weren't just a fluke and goes out there and looks like a legit starting NFL QB, I can't say I'll be really upset if we lose.
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP is updated with the coverage map. If anybody would like more information in the OP heading forward, let me know and I'll see if I can get it done.

We are going to have the best GDTs on the forum this year.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/report-adrian-peterson-will-likely-play-sunday/
Quote:
Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Radio in Minneapolis believes that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will play in this Sunday’s season opener barring any set backs.

How much isn't said, but some have speculated 10 runs.

#JDI
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
http://profootballzone.com/nfl/report-adrian-peterson-will-likely-play-sunday/
Quote:
Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Radio in Minneapolis believes that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will play in this Sunday’s season opener barring any set backs.

How much isn't said, but some have speculated 10 runs.

From what I have been reading, it seems like Peterson will be a game time decision. Even if he plays, I expect Toby Gerhart to get a heavy load of the carries just to ease Peterson in. Dont sleep on Toby, he had 4.9 yds/carry last year on 109 carries. He has really been coming into his own of late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 4 of 38

Jump to: