Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is why we didn't resign Mario
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texandominance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: This is why we didn't resign Mario Reply with quote

Quote:
The Texans would like to extend the contracts of OLB Connor Barwin and LT Duane Brown before the start of the 2012 season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/hou/?r=1

Makes complete sense as we have a ton of free agents next year. You have to think the money that Mario got is going to be the amount we give Cush AND Barwin. So if your bitter or upset at the Texans, you have to ask, what is better Mario or Barwin&Cush
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: This is why we didn't resign Mario Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Quote:
The Texans would like to extend the contracts of OLB Connor Barwin and LT Duane Brown before the start of the 2012 season.

Makes complete sense as we have a ton of free agents next year. You have to think the money that Mario got is going to be the amount we give Cush AND Barwin. So if your bitter or upset at the Texans, you have to ask, what is better Mario or Barwin&Cush

I'll take Barwin and Cushing errrrrry day and 5 times on Sundays.

texandominance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: This is why we didn't resign Mario Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Quote:

I'll take Barwin and Cushing errrrrry day and 5 times on Sundays.

Exactly, long term not signing Mario is the best thing we could do
DaleGribble

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How, if we have less than 1 million?
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleGribble wrote:

I'm sure they are due large salaries this year and next, so we will probably restructure them and length them to lessen the hit in 2012 and 2013.

mse326

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

I'm sure they are due large salaries this year and next, so we will probably restructure them and length them to lessen the hit in 2012 and 2013.

Right.

Since it would be an extension it is possible that it can be done in a way that actually lowers the cap hit.

#JDI
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

Since it would be an extension it is possible that it can be done in a way that actually lowers the cap hit.

Yep, just push the cap hit back into those lucrative years of 2014 onwards when the new TV deals come into play.

Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get these guys extended before the season. That would be huge.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

Yep, just push the cap hit back into those lucrative years of 2014 onwards when the new TV deals come into play.

Please remember the new TV deals will bring in a maximum of 3.5% increases by year.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

Please remember the new TV deals will bring in a maximum of 3.5% increases by year.

I heard a cap of arund $200m in the not too distance future wasn't unrealistic.

texandominance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

Everything is pure speculation right now. I bet it will be $200mil with in 10 years time but until the NFL announces something official, I'm going to take things with a grain of salt
jargin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us realize the difference between having Brown, Barwin and Cushing secured on our team instead of giving Mario 100 million. Its the only logical choice.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

Actually Brown is only due 2.4 mil and half of that was just added due to the pay scale that the nfl employs and since he played 80% of all the snaps over a 4 year period he got a 1.2 mil ppay increase this season

And Cush is making 5.5 mil this season with 4.5 being bonus money. Will have to cut Meco because its unrealistic to have both starting MLB making top money, Sharpton will fill in just fine.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well obviously that was the plan. I hope we get something done before the season so we won't have to worry about it during and after the season.
If we lose Brown we are screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Right.

The new CBA only allows for a maximum of 7% increases per year in TV revenue distribution. 50% of this goes to the players, so it's 3.5%. 200 million is realistic in ten or more years, but not anywhere close to guys we are signing now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: