Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarrett Boykin

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Jarrett Boykin Reply with quote

He was cut by the Jaguars after their rookie camp. He was then signed by the Packers as a tryout player in their rookie camp. The Jaguars are a team trying to rebuild their wide receiver corps and the Packers are a team with arguably the deepest wide receiver corps in the league, so what realistic chance did Boykin have of making the Packers’ “final 53”?

But he did make the 53 and Packers are no slouches when it comes to spotting WR talent. They thought so well of him that we are carrying SIX wide receivers and risking lack of depth in other positions like the offensive line. How does it make you guys feel when you read about a player you've cut that may end up being a talented player elsewhere... someone who could've increased the quality of the Jaguars receiver corps. Would you be angry at the coaches for not identifying that talent? The scouts identified and brought him in but the coaches failed to see that talent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Packers' receiver corps is a bit overrated due to Rogers' play. I'm not saying our receivers are better, but saying the Packers front office somehow knows something everybody else doesn't is definitely a stretch. Take Rogers off that team and those receivers are average as a unit and definitely not too deep to acquire a receiver who was cast off another team.

As for Green Bay being compared to Jacksonville, the schemes are quite a bit different, and I'm going to assume that the guy is a better fit for what Green Bay wants to do with their passing game that what we have going on here. Jennings being banged up probably had something to do with keeping six as well, not to mention the fact that that is one of the most pass-happy teams in the league.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrett Boykin wouldn't have beat out Kevin Elliot.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... I mean honestly I don't think he was better than who we kept for our wide recievers. If he ends up being a probowler then more power to you. If he ends up getting cut then you'll know why we cut him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even escape the Packers trolls in this forum anymore.

I'll care if he actually does something.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: