Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pozzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good in me wants to give him another year but he's shown to be a all potential, no substance player on the field. Has terrible awareness. Hard to keep a corner who's a liability in coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

but he was def ina soph slump.

Or he just sucked like he did in college.....

PM sig requests.
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

DVD is too young to give up on. He's barely in his second year, Nmandi didn't do anything his first couple years in the league... It's a shame we give up on a player with high potential..We all knew he have the size and speed, just needed to be coached up

Idk about any of Reggies move to be honest. I will reserve judgment on the performance of the team over the next 2-4 years...

agree.
as weak as our cbs are i would have kept him for depth.

What slump? He was bad from the get-go

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
. Does anyone remember MR. Charles Woodsen getting burned bad by Andre Rison and his first couple games

You're failing to put the two examples in context. DVD wasn't good in college. Woodson was. DVD was drafted based on his speed and senile old man's obsession w/ it. Woodson was drafted based on talent and potential and b/c he was one of the best players in college when he played. DVD was just fast.

There is a MASSIVE difference among the two and they should not be compared, ever.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
guess we are drafting a corner high next season. We have all aging vets.

Or Reggie doesn't value CBs highly and believes young can get by with solid vets. Nobody knows at this point but I don't see us drafting a CB in the first unless our CBs are terrible.

According to our Raider Insider Reggie's 'guy' at 17 if he had the pick was Jenkins. Says he had an eye on the CB position.

Right now, we have a handful of vets who are on 1 year stints. If they play well, Reggie will sign them again IMO.

Well Reggie says he goes BPA so I'm not saying he wouldn't take a CB, just saying its to early to tell what position Reggie puts a priority on and if he feels the best was to obtain them is free agency or the draft.

Agreed.

Also, clearly Reggie didn't expect VHS and Chimney to be this bad or I'm sure he'd have drafted a CB.

My guess, the hope was Allen who is a former DB coach could coach 'em up. When he saw that wasn't working, cut bait. I like Reggie's approach. Underachieving.... do it somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

DVD is too young to give up on. He's barely in his second year, Nmandi didn't do anything his first couple years in the league... It's a shame we give up on a player with high potential..We all knew he have the size and speed, just needed to be coached up

Idk about any of Reggies move to be honest. I will reserve judgment on the performance of the team over the next 2-4 years...

agree.

so you guys are sayin dvd is/was the worst cb on the roster?
ok he sucked in the preseason but so did goodson and a few others.

so who's the worst cb now that he is gone?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

Nnamdi was a S at Cal. He was switching postions. DVD was a CB in college. A bad one at that. Benched in college. All he had was speed. No actual football skills. 'Speed' is not potential.

silver_surfer wrote:
Sure I like the Hansen pick up, but

why is Francios on the team, if Phillip Adams on the team??? If anything we should add a WR who can provide depth at Wideout and Returner

Alex Parsons is by far the worst player on the roster and could easily be upgraded

btw
Reggie is a fool if he doesn't cut Gordan for Kellen Winslow Rolling Eyes

Francios and Adams can play STs. Francios showed more in kick coverage in 1 night than DVD/Checkwa ever had. Adams is a similar player.

Parson's in a primary backup and knows the system and alignments. With Wiz having a lingering calf injury, you don't cut the only other C on roster that knows the offense and has worked w/ the QB.

Get over Winslow. He's just a name. Guy isn't a good locker room player. There is no upside w/ him. The Raiders don't need a TE like him to be successful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I like the pick up of Hansen, from what I read he is one of the better slot corners in the league and should an instant impact, but I would of much rather cut Francies or whatever his name. DVD turned heads at camp, but had a couple bad games. Does anyone remember MR. Charles Woodsen getting burned bad by Andre Rison and his first couple games

No, but I remember Charles Woodson winning DROY his first season.

I remember DVD being toast all last season. A poor tackler and having no football skills.

I also remember the Raiders hiring Allen who's specialty is DBs and DVD not progressing at all. Flashed for 5 minutes in camp, everyone overreacted and then watched him get torched all preseason.

Can't tackles, frail and out manned by every WR he 'tried' to cover. Guy was a joke and luckily he's not here for people to laugh at any longer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

agree.

I'm not a fan of Goodson either.

Our worst CB on the roster is probably newly acquired Phillip Adams. He's pretty much just a return guy.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt it rod woodson who personally picked dvd ? not AL.

green24 wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hoped Van Dyke would show some flashes like his teammate Shields did his rookie season. Shields was at least a good returner in college. DVD couldn't do it there or here.

Not to mention DVD was a poor tackler as well.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

agree.

Our worst CB on the roster is probably newly acquired Phillip Adams. He's pretty much just a return guy.

so you would keep adams over dvd?

green24 wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

agree.

Why not? Even if he gets roasted, he'd still be an upgrade cause he can do returns Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

agree.

He was second worse, to Checkwa (among the guys who had a shot at the roster).

Pat Lee took the nickel job with no resistance from either. Raiders added Adams and Francios who are better ST players. Then added Hansen a solid nickel corner.

Bartell, Spencer, Hanson and Lee are the CBs. The 'others' needed to be good on ST's in coverage. DVD and Checkwa clearly sucked at that, so they were replaced. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
I don't like this move

agree.

At this point yes purely cos Adams can contribute on special teams. Sounds like the coaching staff gave DVD every opportunity to stick on the team by trying him on punt returns. His lack of ability to play special teams has hurt him. Hansen and Lee are ahead of him at this point and a #5 cb that doesn't play ST is a waste of a roster spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: