Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

Laughed a lot harder than I should have.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose butthole?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Because he found a poop dollar.

You watch too?

Workaholics is the ish. Been banging that out on netflix the last 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who invited Frenchie to our forum?

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Really scared/interested to see what we do about CB next year. I dont mind Spencer and Bartell, but everyone knows they are only temporary. With DVD and Chekwa gone, we dont have any real future prospects on our team (not that those two were great anyway). Without a 2nd rounder, I wonder what direction we go in next April. A lot of it will be based on Palmer's performance and how much faith the staff has in him IMO, but I would love to have an impact CB on our roster somehow.

I'm not worried at all, this team is experiencing a soft rebuild that will take time to improve its depth. Much of what McKenzie will do in the draft will be heavily dependent on the value he can acquire in FA. In addition, the 2013 draft is potentially loaded at CB. A few of my personal favorites are CB Carrington Byndom of Texas, who is currently a late 2nd/3rd rd prospect, CB Nigel Malone of Kansas State(6th) and recently Michigan State's Dennard has been added to me list. One of the major differences in scouting is that McKenzie is looking for "football" players not just athletes. DVD was basically just a phenomenal athlete with little to no football instincts. DHB actually had an extensive resume/body of work before being drafted.

I have no doubt that he will find some CBs in the draft, but if Bartell and Spencer don't stick around and we don't want rookies starting then we would need to find a serviceable CB or two in FA again. It would just be nice to be set at that position since we haven't seen any production and consistency from it in years.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

He's got the braj open invitation by me. Lasts til I change my sig.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Really scared/interested to see what we do about CB next year. I dont mind Spencer and Bartell, but everyone knows they are only temporary. With DVD and Chekwa gone, we dont have any real future prospects on our team (not that those two were great anyway). Without a 2nd rounder, I wonder what direction we go in next April. A lot of it will be based on Palmer's performance and how much faith the staff has in him IMO, but I would love to have an impact CB on our roster somehow.

I'm not worried at all, this team is experiencing a soft rebuild that will take time to improve its depth. Much of what McKenzie will do in the draft will be heavily dependent on the value he can acquire in FA. In addition, the 2013 draft is potentially loaded at CB. A few of my personal favorites are CB Carrington Byndom of Texas, who is currently a late 2nd/3rd rd prospect, CB Nigel Malone of Kansas State(6th) and recently Michigan State's Dennard has been added to me list. One of the major differences in scouting is that McKenzie is looking for "football" players not just athletes. DVD was basically just a phenomenal athlete with little to no football instincts. DHB actually had an extensive resume/body of work before being drafted.

I have no doubt that he will find some CBs in the draft, but if Bartell and Spencer don't stick around and we don't want rookies starting then we would need to find a serviceable CB or two in FA again. It would just be nice to be set at that position since we haven't seen any production and consistency from it in years.

Correct if i'm wrong but i believe every CB on our roster is on a 1 year contract.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Correct if i'm wrong but i believe every CB on our roster is on a 1 year contract.

Yup. At least one of them will get resign midseason if they deserve it. all our corners are basically on a trial period this season.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I have no doubt that he will find some CBs in the draft, but if Bartell and Spencer don't stick around and we don't want rookies starting then we would need to find a serviceable CB or two in FA again. It would just be nice to be set at that position since we haven't seen any production and consistency from it in a year.

FIFY. We've only been without Nnamdi for a year. ha
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

My projections for salary reduction are more aggressive than yours (as usual) creating room to use the franchise/transition tag. The only CB I'm even concerned about is Bartell, who I think will get tagged if he doesn't extend. I think the Raiders will draft a CB (latest projection) and the rest of the secondary will once again be filled out by valued added CBs on 1 yr veteran deals.

With Bartell & (Amerson, Milliner, Banks, Rhodes or even Byndom) as bookends with a smattering of Lee, Hanson, Adams, etc the secondary will be fine assusming there is a pass rush.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I have no doubt that he will find some CBs in the draft, but if Bartell and Spencer don't stick around and we don't want rookies starting then we would need to find a serviceable CB or two in FA again. It would just be nice to be set at that position since we haven't seen any production and consistency from it in a year.

FIFY. We've only been without Nnamdi for a year. ha

FIFY? No fix necessary. I didnt say we havent had a good CB in years, I when was the last time we saw any real production from our CBs? 2006 when Nnamdi, Fabian Washington, and company got 14 total. Since then our CBs have collectively gotten a ridiculously low number of interceptions:

2011- 5
2010- 5
2009- 4
2008- 7
2007- 5
2006- 14

And its not just interceptions, the pass deflection totals have been low in recent years as well. And while Nnamdi has only been gone a year, how much did he honestly do for us in his last 3 or so years here? Not much. Yea, he breakout year was great, and for 2 years or so after that he shut down #1 WRs week in and week out, but our DC always kept him on one side of the field, rather than letting him shadow the opposing #1 WR every down like most top CBs do. Once teams realized this you rarely saw him covering the top WRs. Yea, he was still shutting down whoever he faced, but in reality it did nothing for our defense as it left Mr. Pass Interferance to take on the best WRs.

So, even with Nnamdi (at least since like 2008 or 2009) we still didnt have much production from our CBs. He would cover the #2 while the #1 consistantly lined up on the other side of the field, and QBs ignored Nnamdi's side and picked our other CBs apart. Yea, he was on the team but it did nothing for our defense in the big picture. How about some turnovers from our DBs? That would be nice.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

My projections for salary reduction are more aggressive than yours (as usual) creating room to use the franchise/transition tag. The only CB I'm even concerned about is Bartell, who I think will get tagged if he doesn't extend. I think the Raiders will draft a CB (latest projection) and the rest of the secondary will once again be filled out by valued added CBs on 1 yr veteran deals.

With Bartell & (Amerson, Milliner, Banks, Rhodes or even Byndom) as bookends with a smattering of Lee, Hanson, Adams, etc the secondary will be fine assusming there is a pass rush.

I actually have no projection yet. Have to see how all those new guys play first (22 players will make their Raiders regular season debut next monday).
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Steelers will be signing fastest man in 2011 combine: CB DeMarcus Van Dyke.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/243848597207126017
Modman7777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD really could blossom in Pittsburgh

I'm looking forward to getting some sacks, picks and knockout shots.

-Phil Wheeler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: