Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Really scared/interested to see what we do about CB next year. I dont mind Spencer and Bartell, but everyone knows they are only temporary. With DVD and Chekwa gone, we dont have any real future prospects on our team (not that those two were great anyway). Without a 2nd rounder, I wonder what direction we go in next April. A lot of it will be based on Palmer's performance and how much faith the staff has in him IMO, but I would love to have an impact CB on our roster somehow.

Bartell is only 30 and he was great before missing last season. I don't see why he can't at worse be our #2 CB for the next 3 or so seasons.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
No other team really operates like that. And now, Allen and McKenzie are not operating like that. I would have to agree with that as a fan.

Most FOs give their 3rd rounder more than one season. In this case, DVD is a victim of the regime change as much as of his weak play. I'm pretty sure McKenzie will give more than one year to his 3 round picks. That's not a shot at McKenzie either, it's just logical that he'd give a guy he drafted enough time to prove him right.

Correct. DVD wasn't a scheme fit. Didn't add value on STs and sucked in zone coverage. Simple as that.

CBs for the Raiders are going to have to be good in zone and solid tacklers going forward. Difference in philosophy from the man to man single deep fronts of Davis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Really scared/interested to see what we do about CB next year. I dont mind Spencer and Bartell, but everyone knows they are only temporary. With DVD and Chekwa gone, we dont have any real future prospects on our team (not that those two were great anyway). Without a 2nd rounder, I wonder what direction we go in next April. A lot of it will be based on Palmer's performance and how much faith the staff has in him IMO, but I would love to have an impact CB on our roster somehow.

I'm not worried at all, this team is experiencing a soft rebuild that will take time to improve its depth. Much of what McKenzie will do in the draft will be heavily dependent on the value he can acquire in FA. In addition, the 2013 draft is potentially loaded at CB. A few of my personal favorites are CB Carrington Byndom of Texas, who is currently a late 2nd/3rd rd prospect, CB Nigel Malone of Kansas State(6th) and recently Michigan State's Dennard has been added to me list. One of the major differences in scouting is that McKenzie is looking for "football" players not just athletes. DVD was basically just a phenomenal athlete with little to no football instincts. DHB actually had an extensive resume/body of work before being drafted.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, DVD cleared waivers. Figured he would but there were reports that he might not.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DeMarcus Van Dyke, the fastest man at the Scouting Combine and a third-round pick of the Raiders, has cleared waivers.

Apparently other teams also felt VHS is not a fit in the digital age.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
DeMarcus Van Dyke, the fastest man at the Scouting Combine and a third-round pick of the Raiders, has cleared waivers.

Apparently other teams also felt VHS is not a fit in the digital age.

Ya the special teams thing really kills his stock. Cant waste a roster spot to develop someone. Too bad he cant sit on anyones PS either. He will have to do some major work to make himself valuable at someones camp next season.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I know this is about DVD, but I saw that you guys just signed Seattle's very own Phillip Adams after we cut him. It's unfortunate we are so deep at the CB position because Adams can definitely play. Good size for the position, very good tackler, and just has a nose for the football. All of our reporters have been saying how he's impressed greatly in camp and he's been getting a lot of reps in preseason games so I was somewhat surprised to see him go.

I like having you around in this neck of the woods. Makes the forum that much better looking.

You've got something on your nose. It looks brown.

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

Your coffee smells like poop.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I know this is about DVD, but I saw that you guys just signed Seattle's very own Phillip Adams after we cut him. It's unfortunate we are so deep at the CB position because Adams can definitely play. Good size for the position, very good tackler, and just has a nose for the football. All of our reporters have been saying how he's impressed greatly in camp and he's been getting a lot of reps in preseason games so I was somewhat surprised to see him go.

I like having you around in this neck of the woods. Makes the forum that much better looking.

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

Well it was nice having you around, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And you're back off the list now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

Don't worry. If you're lucky enough, you can be on my secret list. Wink

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You're just jelly.

And it was coffee.

Because he found a poop dollar.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Because he found a poop dollar.

You watch too?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
You watch too?

Yea I posted in the thread a few times. Season 1 was the best. Season 2 pretty good. Season 3 disappointing.

Best line ever. Also Alice gives me a fearection. Embarassed

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topher was the GOAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: