Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) vs. Jaguars (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Gotta give props to Devin Aromashodu and Jerome Felton as well.

Both players were on my cut list coming into the season, but Felton threw some great blocks, and DA made three big catches.

Right, Aromashodu caught the downfield pass to put the team in position to kick a FG at the end of regulation. If he had another one of his mental lapses during that time, im sure the entire forum would have called for his head. Laughing

How many times was Aromashodu targeted? I dont recall him dropping a pass.

Hopefully MN and Aromashodu can become more confident and start taking more shots downfield earlier on. Start against Indy, use that game as a confidence booster and bring it back home against SF. Call me crazy, but I think MN matches up well against SF. It will be ah uge test for the entire team, that is why this Indy game is key in gaining some steam.
since72

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I had to be driving through Wisconsin on Sunday afternoon. So I got to hear two announcers whining about officiating.

Let's see... Ponder is the only NFC North QB in the top ten... Undefeated first place Vikings... Winless, last place Packers, Gophers undefeated... Badgers winless...

Some days it's really good to be alive.

I think I'm going to add the modifiers "UNDEFEATED, FIRST PLACE" in front of every mention of the Vikings for this week. You know, like... "Percy Harvin led the FIRST PLACE, UNDEFEATED Vikings in yards receiving." Likewise, using the modifiers "LAST PLACE" and "WINLESS" where appropriate. Dancing
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a highlight video from Facebook (I don't think you need an account to watch)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=848710397250

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Here is a highlight video from Facebook (I don't think you need an account to watch)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=848710397250

Great vid, thanks for sharing!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponderís passer rating of 105.5 was the best single-game rating of his career. In 10 starts last year, he had just two games with a passer rating of higher than 100.

http://min.scout.com/2/1220531.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Harvin played nearly 80 percent of the Vikings' snaps (47 of 59), according to tracking at Pro Football Focus (PFF). That's a significant uptick from his 2011 deployment, when he played 58.4 percent of their snaps even while producing a career season in a newly versatile role as a receiver/running back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46075/percy-harvin-gets-on-field-and-stays-there

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Percy Harvin played nearly 80 percent of the Vikings' snaps (47 of 59), according to tracking at Pro Football Focus (PFF). That's a significant uptick from his 2011 deployment, when he played 58.4 percent of their snaps even while producing a career season in a newly versatile role as a receiver/running back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46075/percy-harvin-gets-on-field-and-stays-there

This should always be the case with a player like Harvin. If he is healthy, he needs to be on the field in most every offensive package. Even if he isnt a true fit as an outside receiver.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the highlights of the game and was wondering if Shorts is related to Drew Pearson because he pushed off of Cook bad. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere here already but I can't believe the REF standing right there didn't see it.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I can't believe the REF standing right there didn't see it.

you mean the replacement ref?

heck, in the Seattle game they gave them a time out when they didn't have any more.

mistakes galore.

Webmaster wrote:
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like mistakes don't happen with regular refs....
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

Agreed, there are always bad calls. Replacement or regular ref. You basically dont want to see the replacement refs making administrative mistakes, such as awarding a team an extra timeout they dont have. Things like that are unnacceptable, but a PI or holding call, even the regular ones make those mistakes.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Agreed, there are always bad calls. Replacement or regular ref. You basically dont want to see the replacement refs making administrative mistakes, such as awarding a team an extra timeout they dont have. Things like that are unnacceptable, but a PI or holding call, even the regular ones make those mistakes.

yeah, what he said.

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

I think most people are willing to somewhat deal with the missed calls, as long as they don't affect the outcome of a game or take away a sack (see: Allen, Jared). They will happen no matter who is reffing.

On the other hand, the timeout snafu was simply a misinterpretation of the rule. That should never happen.
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Watching the highlights of the game and was wondering if Shorts is related to Drew Pearson because he pushed off of Cook bad. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere here already but I can't believe the REF standing right there didn't see it.

Yeah, I brought it up in the NFL General forum (and here) a few days ago.

Everson Griffen got away with an obvious helmet-to-helmet hit, so it kind of evens out.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only call I had a major problem with was the illegal, low block by Jenkins at the end when the Vikings were trying to run out the clock. The officials called Jenkins for an illegal block below the knees, but when you watch the replay you can clearly see that Jenkins hit the defender in the shoulder.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56
Page 56 of 56

Jump to: