Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) vs. Jaguars (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
they called Walsh, "Brian Walsh" once.

they mispronounced Kluwe as sounding like "clue."

they said how Jared Allen was back in the game, when he had been for two plays already.

And don't forget our new DE, Bryant Robinson.

Laughing

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

they said how Jared Allen was back in the game, when he had been for two plays already.

And don't forget our new DE, Bryant Robinson.

Laughing

there was a kickoff to us where Harvin was deep in the endzone and the kick made it to the five and someone else picked it up. yet they said, "Harvin's back for the kickoff, the kick is short, and he brings it out to the 20."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
• The WR corps is essentially Harvin and no one else. This position needs to be greatly improved this coming offseason.

Don't forget about Simpson, he will change the dynamic of our offense.

Quote:
• John Carlson looks the part of one of the worst offseason signings, of any team, that most thought he was.

He's still working his way from a fairly serious injury, I think he needs more time before we rush to judgment.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
this providence wrote:
• The WR corps is essentially Harvin and no one else. This position needs to be greatly improved this coming offseason.

Quote:
• John Carlson looks the part of one of the worst offseason signings, of any team, that most thought he was.

He's still working his way from a fairly serious injury, I think he needs more time before we rush to judgment.

If it wasnt for Jenkins and Aromashodu making the catches they did in the 2nd half, the Vikes would have lost this game. I am surprised how little credit these two get when they make big catches. They arent world beaters but they made plays to keep drives going.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
• John Carlson looks the part of one of the worst offseason signings, of any team, that most thought he was

It's one regular season game. If one game had been used to judge all free agent TE signings, Shiancoe would have been thrown off the team pretty quickly.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
this providence wrote:

Simpson is a nice player and all, but he's not anything more than a #4 target moving forward on this team. There isn't anything he's done in his career that he has shown that would elevate him above that. Ideally, the team would have Harvin, a #1/2 WR, and Rudolph who all should get looks well before him. Best case, the team should be hoping Simpson turns into what Bernard Berrian should have been when they made that signing. Regardless, this team still lacks that legit target (Harvin not included).

Klomp wrote:
this providence wrote:

You're right, he is working his way back from an injury. And given the guy's history; that's exactly the problem. It's why signing a player like him who's never been on the field for any significant stretch in a while or shown meaningful consistent/high end play to a deal like his was curious (to say the least) to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Simpson is a nice player and all, but he's not anything more than a #4 target moving forward on this team. There isn't anything he's done in his career that he has shown that would elevate him above that. Ideally, the team would have Harvin, a #1/2 WR, and Rudolph who all should get looks well before him. Best case, the team should be hoping Simpson turns into what Bernard Berrian should have been when they made that signing. Regardless, this team still lacks that legit target (Harvin not included).

Fourth option? If this was New England or New Orleans I might agree with you, but not for this offense.

The identity of this team is to run the rock (Adrian, Toby) and use the intermediate passing game (Harvin, Rudolph). Stretching the fields few times per game with Simpson is what will open up the underneath.

We are not going to be an offense that throws the ball 40 times per game. While a Calvin Johnson would be nice, it is a luxury that we don't need, epecially when we have other holes on the team. Jerome will stretch the field, while allowing us to still go to our intermediates as the primary attack.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
this providence wrote:
• John Carlson looks the part of one of the worst offseason signings, of any team, that most thought he was

It's one regular season game. If one game had been used to judge all free agent TE signings, Shiancoe would have been thrown off the team pretty quickly.

With how much money is tied into John Carlson and having Rhett Ellison breathing down his neck for playing time, I would not be surprised if Carlson is cut at seasons end if he doesnt produce.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
this providence wrote:

Fourth option? If this was New England or New Orleans I might agree with you, but not for this offense.

The identity of this team is to run the rock (Adrian, Toby) and use the intermediate passing game (Harvin, Rudolph). Stretching the fields few times per game with Simpson is what will open up the underneath.

We are not going to be an offense that throws the ball 40 times per game. While a Calvin Johnson would be nice, it is a luxury that we don't need, epecially when we have other holes on the team. Jerome will stretch the field, while allowing us to still go to our intermediates as the primary attack.

If that's the team's intended identity, they better get an elite defense (somehow) because that offense isn't good enough to be a contender.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
[

If that's the team's intended identity, they better get an elite defense (somehow) because that offense isn't good enough to be a contender.

Which is why we need to go defense early and often in the 2013 draft, rather than wasting an early pick on a WR.

I'd much rather have a balanced offense with a solid defense than a really good passing offense with limited defense.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have the team having something that can keep them in games (and even win games). You say balanced, all I see is a team that doesn't have a chance of digging out of this hole in the division. They better have something that they can hang their hat on, one way or another.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
I'd rather have the team having something that can keep them in games (and even win games). You say balanced, all I see is a team that doesn't have a chance of digging out of this hole in the division. They better have something that they can hang their hat on, one way or another.

Running the ball keeps the Rodgers', the Cutler's, the Stafford's on the sideline, and keeps our defense fresh.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I heard those.

They messed up Aromashoulddo, but that one is a little unfair!
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
this providence wrote:

Running the ball keeps the Rodgers', the Cutler's, the Stafford's on the sideline, and keeps our defense fresh.

?

Probably going to want to stop them when they do get the ball, though. That's not going to be achieved in one offseason. Especially a defense that's capable of playing to a high level.

The way I see it is, you bring in a high end receiver and the team gets the sort of play out of Ponder that we seen yesterday and they suddenly have an offense that can score with most in the league. Bring in a high end DT (which I consider the most pressing need on defense) and they still have a middle of the road defense. Which means middle of the road team, at best. Granted, that's certainly over-simplifying things. But again, that's my opinion. Much like the one you're giving. All I know is that this offense, as currently constructed, isn't all that close to playing meaningful games late in the year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
With how much money is tied into John Carlson and having Rhett Ellison breathing down his neck for playing time, I would not be surprised if Carlson is cut at seasons end if he doesnt produce.

Very little chance of that happening. They've already paid him $9M of the deal and he's very reasonably priced through the next few seasons. He may not be fully healthy until next season, so I can't see why they would bail on him after this one.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 54 of 56

Jump to: