Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leinart vs Pryor: Who should be the backup?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the Raiders backup QB?
Leinart
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Pryor
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 30

Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Leinart vs Pryor: Who should be the backup? Reply with quote

Neither has been too impressive, but I think Leinart has played poorly enough to make this a legitimate question.

Touted as the automatic backup QB due to his familiarity within the offense, Leinart's limitations as a passer beyond 5 yards is alarming. While Pryor may have even more limitations as a passer, his mobility brings a dynamic to the offense that Leinart fails to.

Who do you think the Raiders have a better chance of winning with should Palmer go down?
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to wait to see how Pryor does this game, thats the only reason why im watching still. I really want to say Matt since hes familiar with the O, but Pryor adds so much more to our O. Matt has been very shady at throwing, and atleast Pryor can run while throwing just as bad. If Pryor does well this game, I say screw it and roll with Pryor.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? If either start a game the season is over.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're pretty screwed either way if Palmer goes down.

mission27 wrote:
JDI is alive and well in us, the last best hope for mice and men on FF, and soon it will be alive inside all of you.

#JDI
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I do?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I do?

IMO, neither has a future in Oakland. Neither are strong enough passers for the NFL. It's Palmer or bust for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ML would be #2 if Palmer goes down. However I'd put TP as #2 to use him in special packages. ANY QB sneak should be TP and NOT CP.The fake bootleg out f that would be Twisted Evil
true2form

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a non issue because Leinert will get hurt in the first half of the first game he would replace Palmer if so needed. Pryor then becomes the starter, a la Yates, and we end up with guys like Jake Delhomme as backups, yikes!
Pozzi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren McFadden is our only hope.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I do?

IMO, neither has a future in Oakland. Neither are strong enough passers for the NFL. It's Palmer or bust for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

They were saying the same thing in Carolina with Cam, Washington with RG3, and Atlanta with Vick. Athleticism at the QB position allows for something most don't ever take into account. The ability to run makes the field so much more open that it allows them to actually not be great passers (ala Manning). This is not to say Pryor is ready, but he could be good one day. Even if it is just his running ability that makes him good.

I just don't understand how the NFL catches these freak athletes at QB, then tries to force them to be pocket passers. I don't know how anyone can be mad at a qb that can rush for over 1000 yards. That is just nuts...

I hoped for a playoff appearance, but the passing of Al met terms for my sig removal after 3+ years.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Edwards had a great preseason with the Eagles and played solid for us last year. I wouldn't mind dumping Leinart for him.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Trent Edwards had a great preseason with the Eagles and played solid for us last year. I wouldn't mind dumping Leinart for him.

That's a lateral movement at best. Edwards couldn't beat out Kyle Boller. At least Leinart knows the system.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I do?

They were saying the same thing in Carolina with Cam, Washington with RG3, and Atlanta with Vick. Athleticism at the QB position allows for something most don't ever take into account. The ability to run makes the field so much more open that it allows them to actually not be great passers (ala Manning). This is not to say Pryor is ready, but he could be good one day. Even if it is just his running ability that makes him good.

I just don't understand how the NFL catches these freak athletes at QB, then tries to force them to be pocket passers. I don't know how anyone can be mad at a qb that can rush for over 1000 yards. That is just nuts...

Until a QB gets to a superbowl doing that, why would anyone try to do that.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

That's a lateral movement at best. Edwards couldn't beat out Kyle Boller. At least Leinart knows the system.

That's highly debatable. Plus I think Edwards is pretty much better then Matt Leinart at everything.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

exactly. No need for Matt to be replace. At least he can help Palmer with the playbook and translate things he may see on the field from the sideline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: