Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make or Break Year for these Players(2012-2013)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Make or Break Year for these Players(2012-2013) Reply with quote

Carson Palmer- brought in via Hue Jackson mid season last year. Threw a lot of picks last year, but was given a pass due to coming of the couch. This year we are running a different scheme, and we are unsure whether or not he is a good fit. He is due to make a big raise. Bengal fans claim he has been bad for them the past few years. I still think he can prove he is a good qb, but he needs to make it happen this year

Darren McFadden- no one can deny his talent, but how many years is he going to get hurt. All Raider fans hope he can stay healthy for a whole season. If he went down in week 3 and was out for the whole season, who knows what is in his future. We could bring in another high quality back

Mike Goodsen- on a one year contract, needs to showcase whether he is a keeper or not without fumbling away his chances Wink

Brandon Myers- Myers big chance to prove he is a starting tight end is this year. Time will tell if he is ready for the challenge, or just a career long reserve. If he fails, he shouldn’t be ran out of town, but moved to #2 tight end

David Ausberry- He is a former wide out, at some point he needs to prove he is a tight end who can play in this league, or another player will be brought in via free agency

Khalif Barnes- Needs to keep his penalties, shows flashes, yet seems to make mistakes in critical time. Another guy on a one year contract

Cooper Carisle- has to prove he can play at a high level, he has a backup rookie who will be breathing down his neck

Matt Shaugnessy- will be a free agent at years end, one of my favorite players, but has to stay healthy become a force throughout the season

Richard Seymour- will father time catch up to the potential hall of famer. Huge cap number, who needs to play at a high level against the run and pass. Seems to start off hott in the season and wind down as the season goes on

Phillip Wheeler- On a one year contract, needs to show he is a long term player for the Raiders

Aaron Curry- needs to come back and prove his health is a not a long term issue at some point in the season

Ron Bartell and Shawn Spencer- both guys are on one year contract, need to prove they can hold down starting spots

Mike Mitchell- going to be a free agent, likely will be gone in 2013 in order to look for a starting rule if he has a good year..

Shane Lechler- makes a lot for a punter and will be a free agent, Reggie like King, so Lechler needs to continue to player at a Lechler level

Last edited by silver_surfer on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone is on a make or break year then. Good to know.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
So everyone is on a make or break year then. Good to know.

Laughing

My first thought as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Mike Goodson, and I'd take people's thoughts on him more seriously if they did their research.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sheriff in town, means more potential personnel turnover Cool
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
It's Mike Goodson, and I'd take people's thoughts on him more seriously if they did their research.

I take people's thought more serious if they don't have swagger jackin rappers, as their avatar Laughing
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

It also could mean that we allow more time for guys to reach their potential instead of trying quick fix turnarounds. Obviously the guys on one year deals and underachievers are on a prove it deal, but its unrealistic to think that most of our starting offense and defense are in a make or break year.

Lechler isn't make or break. He's as good as it gets there is nothing for him to prove. It won't be any of his doing that determines if he's kept. I doubt his play drops because his a punter and has plenty of career left. That's not the issue, it comes down to whether McKinze wants t pay him. Lechler cant play at any higher of a level then we have been used to seeing.

McFadden isn't make or break for me either because if he gets injure again nobody is going to give up much for an injury prone back. And you dont cut a talent like DMC. He's make or break in the sense that we may decide we can't rely on him, but its not like say healthy or your gone, more likely would be play out your contract and est the FA waters

Carlisle isnt make or break, we know his time is close t an end, we just drafted a guy to groom to replace him. His not in he long term plans regardless.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

It also could mean that we allow more time for guys to reach their potential instead of trying quick fix turnarounds. Obviously the guys on one year deals and underachievers are on a prove it deal, but its unrealistic to think that most of our starting offense and defense are in a make or break year.

While I agree.... Al gave everyone he drafted probably more time than they deserved to prove themselves. It's kind of a toss up. Sometimes Al would give players way too much time and money, and others he'd kick out the door too fast after paying them too much to begin with. One thing that's going to be nice is everything will be much more common sense now.

One thing that's been on my mind is all the 1 year contracts McKenzie gave out. We signed quite a few players to 1 year deals and I'm wondering how that's going to impact the ability to resign many of them. Say two or three of these guys play great, they are now free agents with other teams that will throw money at them and we are back to square one at the same positions. I'm sure McKenzie has a detailed plan, I've just been trying to figure out some of the logistics of it all.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAWN . . . . man your post are stale. Every post is just un-researched, bias non-sense.

Shane Lechler who will be argued as the first HOF punter on a make or break year? Yeah, okay.

Guys on a 1 year contract on a make make or break year. Well DAMN, I expected them to be set here for the next decade.

Edit:

Speaking of nonsense:

silver_surfer wrote:
we have a franchise player in Pryor

WOW.... so some actual solid football players are 'make or break' this year. But Pryor, he's a franchise player?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
YAWN . . . . man your post are stale.
silver_surfer wrote:

I was thinking the posts were starting to look $$$ Laughing
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

While I agree.... Al gave everyone he drafted probably more time than they deserved to prove themselves. It's kind of a toss up. Sometimes Al would give players way too much time and money, and others he'd kick out the door too fast after paying them too much to begin with. One thing that's going to be nice is everything will be much more common sense now.

One thing that's been on my mind is all the 1 year contracts McKenzie gave out. We signed quite a few players to 1 year deals and I'm wondering how that's going to impact the ability to resign many of them. Say two or three of these guys play great, they are now free agents with other teams that will throw money at them and we are back to square one at the same positions. I'm sure McKenzie has a detailed plan, I've just been trying to figure out some of the logistics of it all.

Yeah that's true, All wasn't quick to give up on everyone and gave his draft picks a ton of time even when they didn't deserve it, I just meant it more in general. We likely won't see so much turnover trying to "reload.". I'm sure we won't see McKenzie give guys scholarships but I also don't expect him to try quick fixes by redoing the whole team every year by getting bringing in guys and over paying them. Basically I just expect more level headed decisions and not putting half the team in a make or break year.

The one year contracts are very interesting. Its great that were getting guys on deals that make them prove it but it could backfire if these guys play well. Having draft picks will help because we can prioritize the positions by the skill of the current players and the depth in the draft. I'm sure McKenzie will also look for more low key guys to replace guys that might leave for a big pay day. Plus getting the cap in order for the future will turn some of these one year deals into a couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Winner! Laughing

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
G wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Winner! Laughing

Made me think of this. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7NmMSqDsv4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But really if thats our make or break...were screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl ^

on the Question, easily Palmer, he has to have a good year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: