Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Break away runner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Break away runner Reply with quote

Would be nice if our defensive minded coach and wonderful general manager address this at some point. When was the last time we had one-oh I remember- Leon Washington- who mainly was a return man.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe McKnight

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Joe McKnight

+1
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Break away runner Reply with quote

walker85 wrote:
Would be nice if our defensive minded coach and wonderful general manager address this at some point. When was the last time we had one-oh I remember- Leon Washington- who mainly was a return man.

Emerson Boozer, as best I recall.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair Leon Washington wasn't even a breakaway runner, just had excellent short area explosiveness and agility.

I'd like to see the Jets have a player like this too, I think Joe McKnight has a role on offense and he has the speed to be able to take plays all the way but at the same time he doesn't really fit the bill of a player that is a threat to do so any time he touches the ball.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shonn Greene from the 2009 playoffs is that player. I was sure Greene was going to be an elite RB after that season.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Shonn Greene from the 2009 playoffs is that player. I was sure Greene was going to be an elite RB after that season.

Me too but now he doesn't seem like the same player. I still wish they would have taken Michael Smith instead of Gangaway.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe McKnight has looked good running and catching the ball, the problem with him is that he isn't good in pass protection and that is a huge thing for a 3rd down back.

But still, McKnight is a play maker that they need to find ways to get him some touches in ball games.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Greene never had breakaway speed. He was able to breakdown a defense by constantly running into them and late in the game break through a few for a nice 15 yard pick up. We need someone who can compliment Greene, someone who can tip toe around the defense keep them on their toes and then have Greene plow through them when he smashes right into them. Joe Mcknight isn't that guy
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Kenjon Barner type of running back?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

Greene never had breakaway speed. He was able to breakdown a defense by constantly running into them and late in the game break through a few for a nice 15 yard pick up. We need someone who can compliment Greene, someone who can tip toe around the defense keep them on their toes and then have Greene plow through them when he smashes right into them. Joe Mcknight isn't that guy

He was faster his rookie season, he gained weight and there is talk about how he is lazy.

FrankJets

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should honestly trade a second for Ben Tate. I think he is a top 12 back in this league, and is still very young.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
We should honestly trade a second for Ben Tate. I think he is a top 12 back in this league, and is still very young.

I remember our RB coach being high on Tate when he was a draft prospect.

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a complete back not just a breakaway guy. We need a guy who can catch out of the backfield and pickup the blitzer if need be. He needs to be able to run inside and outside.

Right now our RB's are too 1 dimensional. Greene can't catch, McKnight can't pickup the blitz and fumbles too much, and Powell looks average at best.

It's time to find a guy who can do everything. I wouldn't take a 1st round RB though unless he was special like T-Rich this year. We need a Gronk like TE and another explosive WR to take this offense to the next level.

Props to Mack on the sig
FrankJets

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ben Tate(stephen hills second round pick), Braylon Edwards, Winslow would have made this offense pretty damn good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: