Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF WEEK 1: Chargers AT RAIDERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHo Wins the season opener?
RAIDERS
79%
 79%  [ 39 ]
Chargers
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Greg Knapp
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
The Chiefs
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 49

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodnight fellas, It's been real.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

o-line gave carson at least 5 seconds in the pocket for most of the game...Carson went through his reads and no one got open...so what did he do? checked it down to dmac

but yeah, this is on knapp lol

It is Knapp though. He calls passing plays where only 2 WR's go out on routes with max protection. Obviously Palmer is going to have time, but how are 2 WR's supposed to get open against 6 guys in coverage consistently? Terrible play designs.

dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

o-line gave carson at least 5 seconds in the pocket for most of the game...Carson went through his reads and no one got open...so what did he do? checked it down to dmac

It is Knapp though. He calls passing plays where only 2 WR's go out on routes with max protection. Obviously Palmer is going to have time, but how are 2 WR's supposed to get open against 6 guys in coverage consistently? Terrible play designs.

Agreed. Knapp was bad. 45 yards rushing, child please. We wasnt down like that. But the thing I hate is this spliting Mcfadden and Reece out the back field. You do that to create mismatches. Well guess what if you do it on long 2nd and 3rd downs it doesnt create any mismatches. When you do it from a one or two WR set it doesnt create mismatches. The reason is cause their is gonna to be a corner or safety on them. When Hue was getting Reece the ball he was burning linebackers. That is what you got to do is get those to in the open field vs linebackers not cornerbacks.

Knapp was not good. Run blocking not good. Its one game and I want the power scheme back already. Also dont understand how a run team doesnt start there best interior run blocking lineman. If Wiz is starting next week Im gonna be mad pissed of.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense:

Too much dink & dunk. Offense was too predictable & conservative for my taste. Never liked this scheme, but I'm hoping Knapp lets loose more (if possible). We went to McFadden way too much, but really, we had no choice. SD covered our guys pretty well for most all of the game. Still, we can't rely on ONE guy to carry this team. It hurts when you don't have Moore or Ford out there. Would have liked to see Reece involved more

Palmer looked sharp. Most all of his throws were on point. WR's made some drops they should have had. Protection was also giving him time until towards the end of the game - which was nice to see.

SD did well defending the run game. With only 3 of our 4 active WR's playing, it was going to be a tough task getting our offense moving without a running game. The turnovers & botched fumbles didn't help either. For the amount that we did, I have to give the guys props.

Defense:

Solid for the most part. Other than a few big plays given up, we played tough on the run, applied pressure (though not enough), and did well in the red zone. We put them in bad positions and they still came out and put good effort to stop the Chargers offense.

Losing Jon Condo was arguably the biggest loss of the game.

All in all, there might be a lot of growing pains this season with the turnaround of the front office/coaching staff/ scheme. We're still trying to find our identity. 15 more games to go & plenty of time to improve/get better.
autumwind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ya professor for the most part. I was just so excited for this game for weeks. Therefore the mistakes and missed opportunities just seem multiplied. I really hope Allen gets in Knapps face a bit about the play calling. I also hope Tarver can get some of the defense cleaned up. Those short passes and screens were killing us. I liked how the offense moved the ball early but they gotta keep that momentum up and play how we all know they can and finish drives.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense did great. Held them to 32 rushing yards, Gates only had about 43 yards. And they made tons of stops. They only allowed 1 TD in 5 red zone attempts for SD. LB's looked good. Burris is progressing nicely. Lee did good as a backup, didnt see Hanson at all. With that said I dont think we can say the run D is fixed yet because SD was using a weak backfield.

Offense did pretty well also, however I would have liked to see more deep balls and more runs. Two big mistakes on offense changed the game. The fumble in the red zone by Streater and the Reece/Jones fumble that put as at 2nd and 32. Had those two things not have happened we would have likely came away with some more points not to mention taking momentum and game clock from SD. I will reserve judgment on the play calling because what they were doing was working just poor execution on certain plays. Some dropped balls as well. Palmer did exactly what you want him to do. Biggest disappointment on offense had to be Barnes. Gave up at least two sacks late in the game. Wonder if W. Smith can push him for the starting role.

ST was horrible again. who knows what would have happened if the simple things were executed properly. Its amazing we didnt lose by more points. Guess just more props to the defense.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

What game were you watching? Confused We had 3 WRs out there plenty of times.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

probably had something to do with only having 4 active wr's with one of them being a rookie that was playing with an injured ankle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice if bartell came back in the second half? i saw him leave and saw lee enter the game, i forgot to pay attention if he came back or not. if he didn't, anyone know the extent of his injury and time table?
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even gonna go there, just sayin' I feel sorry for the Dolphins next week

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Oh go ahead. What did you think?

Can't remember your preseason thoughts on our team, but generally I think Palmer played much better than many thought he'd play. Have a feeling he'll improve as well once he gets more playing time and his #2 and 3 WR back. Our defense also has to turn some heads of casual observers, they played like a completely different unit than the one we saw last year.

Lots to improve upon though. Running game was fairly stagnant, offense as a whole needs to perform better. Glad we're playing a team like Miami next and not a proven playoff team like NE or GB.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Lay it down Cutler06. Be yourself mang

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thought the play calling SUCKED, your WR are more wide than receivers and you guys have WAAAAYY over-hyped them. Your D was solid but unspectacular, Allen will get more production out of them in time. DMAC was used as a checkdown, too much IMO. Palmer was ok, but he WR's made him look worse. alot of his yards were in garbage time. Hope this continues , at least thru week 4... Wink

That was a waste of 3 1/2 hrs I'll never get back. You asked, there it is.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
OK, thought the play calling SUCKED, your WR are more wide than receivers and you guys have WAAAAYY over-hyped them. Your D was solid but unspectacular, Allen will get more production out of them in time. DMAC was used as a checkdown, too much IMO. Palmer was ok, but he WR's made him look worse. alot of his yards were in garbage time. Hope this continues , at least thru week 4... Wink

Nothing you said was out of line. All valid statements. Hopefully for us the Raiders pick it up. I didn't see the game, but I'm almost sure the 3 botched snaps were probably the biggest reason we lost. Heard it was 3 redzone possession automatically.
I'm glad I didn't watch the game. Class was worthwhile man. It'da been a terrible 3.5 hours to endure.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Very fair.

It's my hope that most of that is attributed to us being in this new system. That being said, I think Sunday night's performance was a good starting point to the season. If that's as bad as we're going to look and we continue to improve as they learn more, we could have a pretty good season. We were in the game despite the few mistakes we made... and you throw in a long snapper fix and it's a game that comes down to the wire and goes either way.

Take in account that I think very highly of SD. I think they're in line for a 10 win season fighting for the division lead at the end of the year. We certainly had games last year where we looked much more incompetent that we did last night against worse teams.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 71 of 73

Jump to: