Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF WEEK 1: Chargers AT RAIDERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHo Wins the season opener?
RAIDERS
79%
 79%  [ 39 ]
Chargers
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Greg Knapp
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
The Chiefs
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 49

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh I don't really remember us hyping our WR's. I'm probably wrong but I just don't remember.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one were people do hype up is Moore and he didn't play.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tbh I don't really remember us hyping our WR's. I'm probably wrong but I just don't remember.

Meh . . . some around here like to talk about how 'deep' the Raiders are at WR. The problem is, there isn't anything close to a #1 guy right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Meh . . . some around here like to talk about how 'deep' the Raiders are at WR. The problem is, there isn't anything close to a #1 guy right now.

When you have threads titled who has a brighter future, between a 5th rd pick and an udfa, it starts looking like hype.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I still say Moore is the closest, his problem is being on the field enough to put up the numbers.

Many people here called DHB the #1, but the guy still traps the ball with his body and ran the wrong route in the red zone and Palmer called him out for it.

It's a young group of receivers that need the reps together with Palmer.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Kelly is either: a) Related to a small minority of posters on this board or b) Some have boxed themselves into an indefensible position and have decided to dig in.

TK's play on Monday was a clear example of the selfish play disguised as "wanting to make a play" that has hurt the Raiders consistently over the last 2 seasons. Yes, TK is one of the biggest play makers on the team enroute to leading DTs in penalties. Clearly TK was not playing within his position as he was immediately benched.

How does TK get credit for solid play in cleaning up the mess he created? LOL He's mostly style than substance, imo. TK is hilarious and a sound bite waiting to happen but he cannot continue to play like this for a team that requires a small margin of error in order to compete. TK got benched during a critical drive, you don't see that everyday in handling "elite" players. How does HC Allen get credit for admonishing TK from the same group that says TK played solid (other than shooting his teammates in the foot)? It's like holding a teacher accountable for being unable to control your out of control kid who you think is a genius. TK is not genius and his penalties look ridiculously foolish. That is why TK is getting killed today; the ridiculousness of his penalties not displaced anger or one week overreaction. Stop criticizing his critics and finally apply the same type of accountability that we desire to see eminent from HC Allen.

I'm sorry . . . . . but regretfully I'm going to have to go JTagg on this issue.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

o-line gave carson at least 5 seconds in the pocket for most of the game...Carson went through his reads and no one got open...so what did he do? checked it down to dmac

but yeah, this is on knapp lol

It is Knapp though. He calls passing plays where only 2 WR's go out on routes with max protection. Obviously Palmer is going to have time, but how are 2 WR's supposed to get open against 6 guys in coverage consistently? Terrible play designs.

What game were you watching? Confused We had 3 WRs out there plenty of times.

Palmer attempted what? 40 passes? We only had 3 WR's out there on 15 of them at most.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors

Last edited by RaisinBran on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

o-line gave carson at least 5 seconds in the pocket for most of the game...Carson went through his reads and no one got open...so what did he do? checked it down to dmac

It is Knapp though. He calls passing plays where only 2 WR's go out on routes with max protection. Obviously Palmer is going to have time, but how are 2 WR's supposed to get open against 6 guys in coverage consistently? Terrible play designs.

probably had something to do with only having 4 active wr's with one of them being a rookie that was playing with an injured ankle

We had 4 WR's active... plus Reece, plus Darren McFadden, both who are capable of going out wide and are huge receiving threats. Reece should've been involved more in the offense, and more downfield passes should've been attempted.

Good to know Criner's minor ankle injury altered Knapp's playbook....... lol. Are you serious? We all know who Greg Knapp is, and based on his past, even when we get Moore and Ford back he's still going to run a conservative game. That's just who Greg Knapp is....

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I think people mostly refer to the depth of young talent. You're right though, there isn't a clear cut #1 guy on the roster right now. They all have their issues. With that said, I'm really confident they will all improve with time.

If Moore can stay healthy & play more consistently, he can be that guy.

DHB is close too, but he has some things to work on. Mostly useless on deep routes, but great on curl routes & getting YAC.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
beating a dead horse..

What game were you watching? Confused We had 3 WRs out there plenty of times.

Palmer attempted what? 40 passes? We only had 3 WR's out there on 15 of them at most.

We had about 30 three WR sets if you include McFadden, Reece and Ausberry lining up as WRs. Our TEs often ran routes and weren't just back in protection either.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one game, without two of our WR's really proves that they suck and we over hyped them Rolling Eyes people really need patience, Rome wasn't built in a day, and a UDFA won't be Randy moss after one game.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the game. Impressed by McClain and Burris. Run defense was very good. Mitchell wasn't in on many plays?

Running game was poor. We run to the left a lot and Carlisle at LG might be a problem especially as he hasn't played there before.

Lack of playmakers at WR definitely restricted our options. Thought Palmer looked very good. DHB and Streater could have had 2/3 big plays if they had hauled those balls in.

Lot to be positive about IMO.
#clueless
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Impressed by McClain and Burris. Run defense was very good. Mitchell wasn't in on many plays?

Yes, probably the best game i've seen McClain play.

And i didn't see Mitchell once on D.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Impressed by McClain and Burris. Run defense was very good. Mitchell wasn't in on many plays?

He didn't take a single defensive snap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

He didn't take a single defensive snap.

Trade bait maybe? Not that we would get a lot for him ?
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73

Jump to: