Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco loves the no huddle offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Joe Flacco loves the no huddle offense Reply with quote

From Peter King:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/02/mmqb/1.html
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I read a similar article on the Ravens website. My only fear is that I'm beginning to get my hopes up with Joe Flacco more than at any other point. So if he comes out and bombs... I'll be really disappointed. Flacco needs to backup the expectations this year especially.

And this is the perfect year for Flacco to prove that he's a "winner". The main thing that people have used to argue against Flacco being a "winner" has been that he's a product of the defense, that he's only a "winner" because of them. Well, our defense is facing more problems heading into this season than at any other point in recent memory... so if the Ravens are to continue to win this year with Flacco at the helm, the argument that Flacco is riding on the coattails of his defense will become flawed. Either way, this is the make or break season for Flacco IMO.

I honestly want to see nothing less than say... 4200 yards passing, and realistically I expect to see 4400 yards passing- which is 275 yards per game- I see that as perfectly reasonable. I want to see Flacco outproduce Matt Ryan as well... but that's just from that pseudo-rivalry perspective.

But as long as we maintain a strong running game, 4300-4500 yards passing is probably the range where I want to see Flacco or else, I'm dissapointed. Anything more and I think that perhaps Flacco is as awesome as Phil Simms believes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Yeah, I read a similar article on the Ravens website. My only fear is that I'm beginning to get my hopes up with Joe Flacco more than at any other point. So if he comes out and bombs... I'll be really disappointed. Flacco needs to backup the expectations this year especially.

And this is the perfect year for Flacco to prove that he's a "winner". The main thing that people have used to argue against Flacco being a "winner" has been that he's a product of the defense, that he's only a "winner" because of them. Well, our defense is facing more problems heading into this season than at any other point in recent memory... so if the Ravens are to continue to win this year with Flacco at the helm, the argument that Flacco is riding on the coattails of his defense will become flawed. Either way, this is the make or break season for Flacco IMO.

I honestly want to see nothing less than say... 4200 yards passing, and realistically I expect to see 4400 yards passing- which is 275 yards per game- I see that as perfectly reasonable. I want to see Flacco outproduce Matt Ryan as well... but that's just from that pseudo-rivalry perspective.

But as long as we maintain a strong running game, 4300-4500 yards passing is probably the range where I want to see Flacco or else, I'm dissapointed. Anything more and I think that perhaps Flacco is as awesome as Phil Simms believes.

I agree with you diamond, Joe is getting more and more praise as we get closer to the start of the season. Jamie Dukes (known Flacco hater) of all people has finally jumped on the Flacco bandwagon when he picked the Ravens to get to the Superbowl and said that Joe would carry them to the title. I feel really good about Joe this year but I would be very upset if he doesn't live up to expectations. There are no more excuses for him, he will be running the offense he likes and he has the weapons that fit the offense. With all that said I believe Joe will get it done and be vindicated.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ That said, it would've been so much more sweet to have him win it last season when he had uber-many haters... that was the perfect opportunity to troll the league... and Lee Evans blew it... and then Cundiff blew it much harder.... Mad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only fear of the no huddle is, it will only put more strain on our defense if 3-and-outs become a regularity.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: