Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign former Jets, Patriots Safety James Ihedigbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Ravens sign former Jets, Patriots Safety James Ihedigbo Reply with quote

Quote:
Former #Patriots and #Jets Safety James Ihedigbo signed with the #Ravens, per @RavensInsider.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242264218676625409
Tom Brady Tribute
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense since Cook went down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said I wanted the team to get another (different) backup veteran S, Ihedigbo was not what I had in mind. I wonder who they waived to fit him on the roster. Considine? Pray
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Danny Gorrer ‏@Dgorrer36

24 hrs til I find out where my new home will be!!!! Hurt but thankful, never get comfortable cause we never no in this business!!!!

I think I would rather have Gorrer than Ihedigbo. Our backup at FS is Considine and the backup at SS is Ihedigbo. We better pray that Reed and Pollard stay healthy this season.
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Danny Gorrer ‏@Dgorrer36

24 hrs til I find out where my new home will be!!!! Hurt but thankful, never get comfortable cause we never no in this business!!!!

I think I would rather have Gorrer than Ihedigbo. Our backup at FS is Considine and the backup at SS is Ihedigbo. We better pray that Reed and Pollard stay healthy this season.

Why couldn't we have released Chykie or someone? Gorrer was solid last year.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm pissed that we let Gorrer go, he was quality depth back there- a dependable guy that I was comfortable not crapping the bed if he had to log minutes.

But I'd imagine we let him go before we let go of Brown because Chykie is known for being a bigger special teams contributor. And for a guy that is what- our 5th/6th corner- that's the greater attribute to have in terms of team success.

I'm honestly more pissed that we kept Considine than I'm disappointed with the fact that we let go of Gorrer though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Yeah I'm pissed that we let Gorrer go, he was quality depth back there- a dependable guy that I was comfortable not crapping the bed if he had to log minutes.

But I'd imagine we let him go before we let go of Brown because Chykie is known for being a bigger special teams contributor. And for a guy that is what- our 5th/6th corner- that's the greater attribute to have in terms of team success.

I'm honestly more pissed that we kept Considine than I'm disappointed with the fact that we let go of Gorrer though.

While Brown is better on special teams than Gorrer I don't think there's a big difference between the two. It's not like Brown is key guy on that squad. The contract situation between the two guys might have had a bigger impact in my opinion. Gorrer was playing under a EFA tag but Brown still has two more (cheap) seasons under contract after this one ends if I remember correctly. Gorrer might have been in line for a bit of a pay raise through free agency next off-season and I doubt the team would pay much to keep him around. Like you said Gorrer was no more than the 5th CB on the team anyways and we can't discount Asa Jackson eventually moving up the depth chart. Brown still has a bit of upside too.

None of that applies to keeping Consider over Gorrer though. I read a Tweet from the Ravens official site that said Considine was a "veteran leader on special teams" and I had to laugh a little knowing his reputation for tackling. I can understand the Ravens wanting a FS behind Reed but Considine isn't really a FS, just the closest thing to one they have out of the depth players. His angles in space are questionable at best and it's not like he covers a lot of ground either. Thompson is still extremely raw so I'm not going to campaign for him to get the job but I really hope they look into somebody else. Oh wait, Considine is a guy Harbaugh worked with in the past. Sign him up for a few more years.

(Yeah, that's Considine and that last part was mostly sarcastic)
Nucky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Yea.... Not happy at all about them cutting Gorrer.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went from Haruki Nakamura and Tom Zbikowski to Considine and Ihedigbo...My god what are we doing here?!?

And we let Gorrer go?!? FML.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know better than that. The Ravens barely had any expendable cap room when both guys signed elsewhere and they're still going to be tight up against the wall when the Rule of 51 isn't in effect anymore. I don't like it but that's the reality of the situation.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, NONE of our backup corners could have played FS over the human cape?

Really?! I mean, REALLY?!

I'm not sure what the FO is doing with these moves in the secondary, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I wish there was some way we could keep Gorrer though. Confused

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: