Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew ends holdout, returns to team
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43238
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
the Jags treat every player under contract poorly, it's why Podlesh left, Mincey almost left, and why the Jags had 3 different holdouts this offseason.


Yes, it's the Jaguars FO treating a punter poorly when they don't want to pay a guy top dollar for middle of the pack production. That Patriots FO sure treats their players poorly too, I'm not sure why everyone keeps signing there though.

If the Jaguars treated Mincey so poorly, why did he resign with them? He hit the open market, had a potential bidding war, but yet resigned with the Jaguars for a reasonable contract. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the Jaguars weren't treating him poorly and that Mincey thought he was worth more than he actually was?

The Jaguars treated Scobee so badly that the entire time that he was waiting for his new deal, he was on Twitter making jokes about the situation and said how much he loved the team, right?

And it is definitely the Jaguars fault that Blackmon got a DUI. That's not on Blackmon, that's all Gene Smith's fault, right? Gene should have just sucked it up and gave Blackmon a fully guaranteed contract with no way to get out of it if Blackmon ever got into more drinking related trouble, right? Poor Blackmon having to stay out of legal trouble to make sure his contract is guaranteed. I really feel sorry for the guy, because it's Gene's fault that he got the DUI in the first place.

Jones Drew signed the contract that he is currently under. They didn't hold him at gunpoint and force him to sign it. If he thought he was going to outplay that contract, maybe he should have gotten a shorter deal. At the end of the day, he's under contract and the team has no responsibility to pay him more.

You hate on everything this team does, for ridiculous reasons. You make up conspiracy theories for everything that happens, and they're always proven wrong. At some point, you've got to know that you're wrong about the team, don't you?
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
the Jags treat every player under contract poorly, it's why Podlesh left, Mincey almost left, and why the Jags had 3 different holdouts this offseason.


Yes, it's the Jaguars FO treating a punter poorly when they don't want to pay a guy top dollar for middle of the pack production. That Patriots FO sure treats their players poorly too, I'm not sure why everyone keeps signing there though.

If the Jaguars treated Mincey so poorly, why did he resign with them? He hit the open market, had a potential bidding war, but yet resigned with the Jaguars for a reasonable contract. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the Jaguars weren't treating him poorly and that Mincey thought he was worth more than he actually was?

The Jaguars treated Scobee so badly that the entire time that he was waiting for his new deal, he was on Twitter making jokes about the situation and said how much he loved the team, right?

And it is definitely the Jaguars fault that Blackmon got a DUI. That's not on Blackmon, that's all Gene Smith's fault, right? Gene should have just sucked it up and gave Blackmon a fully guaranteed contract with no way to get out of it if Blackmon ever got into more drinking related trouble, right? Poor Blackmon having to stay out of legal trouble to make sure his contract is guaranteed. I really feel sorry for the guy, because it's Gene's fault that he got the DUI in the first place.

Jones Drew signed the contract that he is currently under. They didn't hold him at gunpoint and force him to sign it. If he thought he was going to outplay that contract, maybe he should have gotten a shorter deal. At the end of the day, he's under contract and the team has no responsibility to pay him more.

You hate on everything this team does, for ridiculous reasons. You make up conspiracy theories for everything that happens, and they're always proven wrong. At some point, you've got to know that you're wrong about the team, don't you?


couldn't have said it better myself just find a new team to root for people say they understand that its business but in all actuality they don't thats why there are owners and players it is what it is if you don't like it don't sign your name on the dotted line its too easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:

I hope he's inactive the 1st week so they don't rush him back to quickly, but I still got a feeling like they just want to run him into the ground so he'll probably be active. If Jennings is ineffective they might go straight back to MJD by half time.

Everyone and their mom are going to talk about how CJk came back last year and stunk, but don't worry about it. Emmitt Smith sat out into the season in 94( i believe), missing the 1st 2 games and still led the league in rushing yards that year and won the SB. If a RB has been keeping himself in great shape there's no reason he has to have a season like Chris Johnson did last year.


Didnt they already say he wasnt going to play week 1?

Nope. All thy was said was thy he wont be starting. JENNINGS WILL BE. It'll most likely depend on his conditioning n shape and how he looks so in practice.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4697
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
the Jags treat every player under contract poorly, it's why Podlesh left, Mincey almost left, and why the Jags had 3 different holdouts this offseason.


Yes, it's the Jaguars FO treating a punter poorly when they don't want to pay a guy top dollar for middle of the pack production. That Patriots FO sure treats their players poorly too, I'm not sure why everyone keeps signing there though.

If the Jaguars treated Mincey so poorly, why did he resign with them? He hit the open market, had a potential bidding war, but yet resigned with the Jaguars for a reasonable contract. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the Jaguars weren't treating him poorly and that Mincey thought he was worth more than he actually was?

The Jaguars treated Scobee so badly that the entire time that he was waiting for his new deal, he was on Twitter making jokes about the situation and said how much he loved the team, right?

And it is definitely the Jaguars fault that Blackmon got a DUI. That's not on Blackmon, that's all Gene Smith's fault, right? Gene should have just sucked it up and gave Blackmon a fully guaranteed contract with no way to get out of it if Blackmon ever got into more drinking related trouble, right? Poor Blackmon having to stay out of legal trouble to make sure his contract is guaranteed. I really feel sorry for the guy, because it's Gene's fault that he got the DUI in the first place.

Jones Drew signed the contract that he is currently under. They didn't hold him at gunpoint and force him to sign it. If he thought he was going to outplay that contract, maybe he should have gotten a shorter deal. At the end of the day, he's under contract and the team has no responsibility to pay him more.

You hate on everything this team does, for ridiculous reasons. You make up conspiracy theories for everything that happens, and they're always proven wrong. At some point, you've got to know that you're wrong about the team, don't you?


Quoted for Pwnage.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2851
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game of football, which is watched and loved by millions, is not your normal daily job. These athletes are fortunate enough to make a team because of their ability to play the sport they love.

They should be more appreciative with what they have and the tremendous salaries they receive. It is ridiculous when one of these outstanding players who has such a fan base becomes even more greedy and wants more money.

There are too many homeless, children being mistreated, hard working people who have lost their homes and jobs, and elderly who would love to have someone even care or acknowledge them. Maurice Jones-Drew, you should be ashamed for being so greedy!
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
Darrelle Revis - 50 TCKL 2 FF 2 INT 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80581
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players see themselves as equals to the owners which they are not. The players work for the owners
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6433
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Players see themselves as equals to the owners which they are not. The players work for the owners


This one gets me too. A business where payroll is half of your revenue would be a terrible business plan. Somehow it works in the NFL.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2481
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:

I hope he's inactive the 1st week so they don't rush him back to quickly, but I still got a feeling like they just want to run him into the ground so he'll probably be active. If Jennings is ineffective they might go straight back to MJD by half time.

Everyone and their mom are going to talk about how CJk came back last year and stunk, but don't worry about it. Emmitt Smith sat out into the season in 94( i believe), missing the 1st 2 games and still led the league in rushing yards that year and won the SB. If a RB has been keeping himself in great shape there's no reason he has to have a season like Chris Johnson did last year.


Didnt they already say he wasnt going to play week 1?


He is going to play week 1. As a 3rd down RB.

Watch the clip.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Maurice_JonesDrew_in_the_locker_room/c0939059-a5d6-4412-97c5-34d07e5f09b5
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2481
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
The game of football, which is watched and loved by millions, is not your normal daily job. These athletes are fortunate enough to make a team because of their ability to play the sport they love.

They should be more appreciative with what they have and the tremendous salaries they receive. It is ridiculous when one of these outstanding players who has such a fan base becomes even more greedy and wants more money.

There are too many homeless, children being mistreated, hard working people who have lost their homes and jobs, and elderly who would love to have someone even care or acknowledge them. Maurice Jones-Drew, you should be ashamed for being so greedy!


Don't agree completely. Yes there are homeless people etc, but who is to say that this holdout was a hoax that was amplified by the media? He could have just wanted to take the preseason off to spend with his family before coming back to work.

In other words how do you feel about a team when they drop a player because of his performance? What if his family is starving? Teams can drop players left and right, but it is not such a big deal, but when a player decides to holdout he becomes inhumane?

Let alone the donations he has to charity and some of the "homeless" community are because of people who are to lazy to work.

People are disgusting.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4697
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Jones-Drew, Jax did confid settle of $1.2m fines. Am told means much less, but MJD did forfeit some bonus $. Jax will get cap cred in '13

_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 33492
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per Cole, the Jaguars and Jones-Drew settled on a fine that is much less than the $1.2 million maximum fine possible, although MJD did have to forfeit some of his bonus. Cole also notes that the Jaguars will receive a cap credit in 2013 due to the settlement.


http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/9/8/3303314/maurice-jones-drew-jaguars-fine
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80581
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
Per Cole, the Jaguars and Jones-Drew settled on a fine that is much less than the $1.2 million maximum fine possible, although MJD did have to forfeit some of his bonus. Cole also notes that the Jaguars will receive a cap credit in 2013 due to the settlement.


http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/9/8/3303314/maurice-jones-drew-jaguars-fine


I thought he wasnt paying anything?... Confused
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6433
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
Per Cole, the Jaguars and Jones-Drew settled on a fine that is much less than the $1.2 million maximum fine possible, although MJD did have to forfeit some of his bonus. Cole also notes that the Jaguars will receive a cap credit in 2013 due to the settlement.


http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/9/8/3303314/maurice-jones-drew-jaguars-fine


I thought he wasnt paying anything?... Confused


I thought so too, but it was obviously over zealous reporting. The situation dictated that he be fined something. A Million+ would be a bit over the top, but there needed to be some sort of punishment.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80581
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punters arent people
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group