Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4699055/jerry-jones-wants-to-see-the-offensive-line-block-better

Quote:
Jones was direct in saying he wants the line to improve and noted he's adding pressure to the interior of the line, Ryan Cook, Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau, to produce. Jones mentioned backup guard Derrick Dockery and his size, 6-6, 325 pounds, as someone who can also help.

And wasn't he going on record for the better part of the last 6 months telling us how greatly the line has improved with the on-the-cheap signings of Livings and Burnindeuce? Nope. No need for o-line help here. No reason to draft anyone when you have the chance. The roster was set!

Wait.....

EDIT:

I also find it lovely that he's the one going on record to say that the o-line needs to perform better rather than the head coach. You know, the guy whose job it is to make those statements.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the GM needs to draft better Lineman. They would then be able to block better.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys (Interior Line) haven't played but 4 weeks together, the Guards were injured all Pre-Season, and the Center arrived the week before from another squad.

They will improve as time goes on.

I understand that you're a "right now" person, but its 4 games. Let these guys get to mid season before you cast failure on them.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
These guys (Interior Line) haven't played but 4 weeks together, the Guards were injured all Pre-Season, and the Center arrived the week before from another squad.

I understand that you're a "right now" person, but its 4 games. Let these guys get to mid season before you cast failure on them.

Im sorry. Im usually leaning towards what slam would call an "apologist" but lets be real. These guys suck.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Im sorry. Im usually leaning towards what slam would call an "apologist" but lets be real. These guys suck.

The reason they have a preseason is for players to get acclimated to each other and get in shape for the season. So tell me if these guys dont have the ability to get acclimated with one another or spend time with the team, what do you have? A bunch of unprepared guys starting on the OL. It will get better. Thats my belief.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

The reason they have a preseason is for players to get acclimated to each other and get in shape for the season. So tell me if these guys dont have the ability to get acclimated with one another or spend time with the team, what do you have? A bunch of unprepared guys starting on the OL. It will get better. Thats my belief.

Chemistry matters when handling blitzes and stunts. But when the OL are constantly getting blown off the line of scrimmage and beaten by bull rushes, that's just a lack of talent. The OL has not played well at all. Cadence issues and lack of chemistry are excuses and don't address the real reason why the OL has not performed well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is, Jerry legitimately thought that they improved the line. Whether we did or not doesn't really matter, because he and the coaching staff evidently liked what they saw. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but they did at least attempt to upgrade, unlike in years past. Not exactly the way that I personally would have attempted to upgrade the line, but hey, what are you going to do.

Plan, I think you would like my post in the mock draft thread.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

I think it's more a lack of ability rather than a lack of ability to get acclimated with the team. Seeing that they had an entire preseason to acclimate to each other yet still stink, you literally undermined your own position. If it was the simple fact that they needed the preseason to gel, then they'd already be a solid unit. I wish that it was just a need to gel, but it isn't. It's a lack of talent.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
The sad thing is, Jerry legitimately thought that they improved the line. Whether we did or not doesn't really matter, because he and the coaching staff evidently liked what they saw. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but they did at least attempt to upgrade, unlike in years past. Not exactly the way that I personally would have attempted to upgrade the line, but hey, what are you going to do.

I saw it and loved it. The only thing that would make me happier would be if John Jenkins falls to the 2nd round and we can get him and Warmack rather than Warmack and a safety.

Northland wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I saw it and loved it. The only thing that would make me happier would be if John Jenkins falls to the 2nd round and we can get him and Warmack rather than Warmack and a safety.

Oh, I was referring to the thing about LOLND...

But in all seriousness...I don't think that Jenkins falls to the 2nd, though I would love it. I feel like there is a premium on nose tackles, particularly big two gap guys that can also rush the passer. He is better than he gets credit for. If he falls to the first 2nd (in my particular mock) I would take him there, and go after Cooper afterwards

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much that is so great about Jerry saying that he's the one pressuring the players to play better.

First, it's quite evident that Jerry is not talking a hands off approach to the team as many have suggested.

Second, it's good know that the GM can find the time to talk to these players man to man. I'm pretty sure this is how the conversation went...

Jerrah: hey tubbies. I brought you guys here cause ya'll got some great big fat arses. Now, I need you tubbies to move your fat arses and go block someone. Any questions?

Tubbies: yes, Mr. Jones. When the defenses is showing a double barrel blitz threw the A gaps, but they drop back into coverage at the last second only to have the SS run a delayed blitz at the C gap and a DE stunt up the middle and the UT swing outside, should Nate stay at home to protect the A gap or swing out to block rogue defender?

Jerrah: Com'on tubbies. Y'all need to go figure that out. I got some panties I need to sell.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it is lack of cohesiveness primarily. Although that is, in all likely hood, a problem as well. I see guys (bernindeuce and livings) getting out matched in 1 on 1 situations. Livings in pass protectection and berny in any protection. As far as Dockery is concerned... there was the game when Livings went down for a few plays and Dock was subbed in, I believe it was Tampa, and Dockery was thrown(yes thrown) backwards about 4 yards off the snap. Enough so that I paused and rewound 3 or 4 times so my friends (my cat and her chew toy named cuppy) and I could laugh and laugh again...

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he can want in one hand and go do you know what with the other for all i care.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Actually, the GM needs to draft better Lineman. They would then be able to block better.

Doesn't he have to actually draft lineman?
acowboys62

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, again, someone taking something and making it a bigger deal. Yes our O Line sucks, but they asked Jerry about it, what was he supposed to say "No our O Line is great"

Everyone and their fing mother wants us to block better. What the hell is he supposed to say?

Just playing devils advocate before some of you jump down my throat, I understand that Jerry bought the groceries and is now complaining about the meal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: