Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blount could be on the block!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he was on the block it's not a guarantee he would be traded. And he's not even definitely on the block.

We'll keep him because he's worth very little. If used properly, Blount is very effective, IMO. Let's just use him in that manner and enjoy watching him break tackles from a tired defense.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Even if he was on the block it's not a guarantee he would be traded. And he's not even definitely on the block.

We'll keep him because he's worth very little. If used properly, Blount is very effective, IMO. Let's just use him in that manner and enjoy watching him break tackles from a tired defense.

Nicely said. Im down with this.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I've been very critical of Blount and I still feel the same way, but I also feel like he is worth more to us than the peanuts we would get for him in a trade.

We'd be lucky to get a 5th. I'd rather have Blount bulldoze for 10 carries a game than a 5th rounder.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I've been very critical of Blount and I still feel the same way, but I also feel like he is worth more to us than the peanuts we would get for him in a trade.

We'd be lucky to get a 5th. I'd rather have Blount bulldoze for 10 carries a game than a 5th rounder.

Nicely said, but for some reason, I think the Coaches don't plan on using him 10 times a game. His carries with the first team in Pre-season Diminshed in preseason. Ran 2 times against the pats and both times ran into his own lineman. I think that was the last straw if you ask me and the reasoning to picking up DJ Ware. Blount is still extremely limited and will make our offense predictable whenever he's in the game.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Nicely said, but for some reason, I think the Coaches don't plan on using him 10 times a game. His carries with the first team in Pre-season Diminshed in preseason. Ran 2 times against the pats and both times ran into his own lineman. I think that was the last straw if you ask me.

You're really really putting too much weight into preseason.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Nicely said, but for some reason, I think the Coaches don't plan on using him 10 times a game. His carries with the first team in Pre-season Diminshed in preseason. Ran 2 times against the pats and both times ran into his own lineman. I think that was the last straw if you ask me.

No. Actually basing it on last year. You know, where Blount was kept in running plays and taken out on passing plays. Making the offense 100% predictable. Tell me how that improves our offense,.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times are you going to say the same thing?
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

No. Actually basing it on last year. You know, where Blount was kept in running plays and taken out on passing plays. Making the offense 100% predictable. Tell me how that improves our offense,.

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to point that out. You're really fired up about that, and you're the one who cited preseason games...
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to point that out. You're really fired up about that, and you're the one who cited preseason games...

I cited Pre-season because I saw no improvement or difference. Plus, I saw more of Doug Martin and even less of Blount with the 1st team, which then led to Martin Becoming the starter.

Yes, you are right. Pre-season doesn't mean anything. But Schiano doesn't like Fumbles and Blount was also a fumbling machine as well. There's a reason DJ Ware was signed, a guy who had a very solid year last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: