Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons @ Chiefs IT'S GAME WEEK DAMMIT!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS!!!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Falcons
41%
 41%  [ 16 ]
Manuela ArbelŠez
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strong stuff from AP on DJ's zone drops here:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/13/3325484/gifd-up-chiefs-defense-vs-falcons

I really need to learn how to do this cause I have gamepass and the all22/endzone views as well.

I think when he puts out the offensive side of the ball some people will be surprised with what they see. People like Winston and the TE's have been getting props and they were reallly not that great but Lilja and Albert have gotten most of the bad press (and deservedly on their part as well - they werent good). Sadly what I saw rewatching in the all22/enzone views is that the OL and TE's had consistant breakdowns in blocking all day, including that 1st half where we missed some big plays because of it but since overall the ball was moving they didn't grab as much attention.

There is a running play over the right side that would have had a huge seam except Winston gets destroyed 3+ yards into the backfield disrupting the RB path outside (believe it was JC). Moeaki missed blocks all day. Boss was a little better but he too was bullied badly a number of times. Asamoah was used to pull a number of times and blew his blocks! Best lineman of the day was Rodney Hudson!

The poor blocking doesn't stop up front through.. Baldwin and Breaston were not very good blocking either. Bowe was pretty solid in this area as always though.

I will say that overall I'm still disappointed with Cassel's performance as he missed a number of single coverage match ups either because he doesn't see them or is scared to try them. He'll try them on crossing/out routes but seems very reluctant on vertical routes.

That said I will actually give Cassel a slight pass on the 2nd INT. The play call is beyond confusing. It's possible Eachus is supposed to block down and then break out in the flat for Cassel but no other route was run with any chance of Cassel throwing to them. Moeaki runs a seam route on the left hash (remember Cassel rolls to the right) and then just sits down instead of breaking right to give Cassel a target. Baldwin as mentioned in another post of mine (different thread I believe) is streaking down the right hash and NEVER looks back. Honestly I think he was supposed to just clear his side out. The aforementioned Eachus blocks first and then either breaks away by design but way late.. or breaks away seeing Cassel in trouble to try and help him out but he's just too late. The more I watched it the more I thought it might just have been a designed bootleg run for Cassel but the Falcons safety sniffed it out. It was 3rd and 1 so I wish Cassel had just kept running instead of trying to hard stop to shake the safety - which did not work at all. At that point just throw it away Matt and maybe we try on 4th down and short. One more thing.. the safety is at the LOS of the side Cassel is rolling to PRE SNAP. It really should have been checked out of right there cause there was no blocker to account for him from the onset.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
Okay so 23M into one position not counting the 2-3 other guys we keep. So your willing to put 19% of our total salary into 3 guys. I'd like you to find one successful team that does that. You won't.

I wonder what the Giants have in their d-line? I'd bet it's about $25MM. Tuck, JPP, Umenyiora, Kiwanuka.

All I'm saying is there is more then 1 way to skin a cat. We could have afforded to keep Carr by re-signing him about 2 years ago when was still an up and coming player, but one WE should have known was well worth the investment. Jason McCourty just signed what I would consider a reasonable extension more then a year before his current deal is up ($8.5MM per year). If we are so smart, we should have locked him up long before his deal came due. This philosophy of waiting and seeing is OK for certain folks, especially if you are waiting and seeing for character issues, but for guys who you know will show up every day the same guy, you simply don't wait until they become UFA's. We got DJ and JC cheap, we could have got Carr relatively cheap too IMO. I know I'm guessing, but you can't tell me in mid-season 2010 he wouldn't have taken a 5yr $40MM deal.

As per roto, those four guys you mentioned actually are at 11M for combined salary. Obviously when JPP exits his rookie deal it will explode but still dealing with the facts here.

I agree that Carr should have been signed to an extension earlier on, but that's not what I was debating. It was about this offseason and with how much he was paid it just doesn't make sense to me in the longterm.

AH86, I agree that we have the resources to pay Carr 10M and that lots of teams play close to the cap. It does work that way. All im saying is i'd rather save that money for a more important position whether it be this year, next year or the one after. Getting stuck with Carr at 10M looks great in the short term but in the long haul, i see more bad then good.

When flowers gets back and Routt gets help, CB wont look as bad.

And Rage, I did a quick look on roto and no team I saw had QB's at 23M. Even if they did, QB is the most important position in the game of football.

I can see the logic in your point OIL but I would counter - this Chiefs team core has a window that we all believe is just beginning. The core players of this team/window is pretty well set (excluding the possibility of a QB change next year) and the passing nature of this league and more importantly this division is not going anywhere! Making these contracts in the shorter term that you mentioned pretty valuable as a means to counter what our division can bring against us.

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
Okay so 23M into one position not counting the 2-3 other guys we keep. So your willing to put 19% of our total salary into 3 guys. I'd like you to find one successful team that does that. You won't.

I wonder what the Giants have in their d-line? I'd bet it's about $25MM. Tuck, JPP, Umenyiora, Kiwanuka.

All I'm saying is there is more then 1 way to skin a cat. We could have afforded to keep Carr by re-signing him about 2 years ago when was still an up and coming player, but one WE should have known was well worth the investment. Jason McCourty just signed what I would consider a reasonable extension more then a year before his current deal is up ($8.5MM per year). If we are so smart, we should have locked him up long before his deal came due. This philosophy of waiting and seeing is OK for certain folks, especially if you are waiting and seeing for character issues, but for guys who you know will show up every day the same guy, you simply don't wait until they become UFA's. We got DJ and JC cheap, we could have got Carr relatively cheap too IMO. I know I'm guessing, but you can't tell me in mid-season 2010 he wouldn't have taken a 5yr $40MM deal.

As per roto, those four guys you mentioned actually are at 11M for combined salary. Obviously when JPP exits his rookie deal it will explode but still dealing with the facts here.

I agree that Carr should have been signed to an extension earlier on, but that's not what I was debating. It was about this offseason and with how much he was paid it just doesn't make sense to me in the longterm.

AH86, I agree that we have the resources to pay Carr 10M and that lots of teams play close to the cap. It does work that way. All im saying is i'd rather save that money for a more important position whether it be this year, next year or the one after. Getting stuck with Carr at 10M looks great in the short term but in the long haul, i see more bad then good.

When flowers gets back and Routt gets help, CB wont look as bad.

And Rage, I did a quick look on roto and no team I saw had QB's at 23M. Even if they did, QB is the most important position in the game of football.

I can see the logic in your point OIL but I would counter - this Chiefs team core has a window that we all believe is just beginning. The core players of this team/window is pretty well set (excluding the possibility of a QB change next year) and the passing nature of this league and more importantly this division is not going anywhere! Making these contracts in the shorter term that you mentioned pretty valuable as a means to counter what are division can bring against us.

You have great points about the window of opportunity and the style of our division.

I guess the main thing I'm saying is I would have rather signed a depth corner for a much smaller amount then pay Carr the 10M. As I think we all can agree that reeves is a CB 5 at best. Maybe Pioli/Crennel(because it can't all be on Pioli) thought tht Brown could step up and now that he didn't they scrambled a bit with Flowers out.

So yes, I definately agree that CB is a need but not a 10M dollar need.

And rage, regarding important positions. I meant guys on our team coming up or contract. LT is more important and that need is next year! But I do agree we should draft a QB. It's a goo year for it and we've built decent depth.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question - How much attention did Dwayne Bowe get from the Falcons in the passing game? Did they give their cornerbacks more help over the top and thus McCluster and Breaston had more room to work? I forgot to pay close attention to how the Falcons were gameplanning Bowe.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Another question - How much attention did Dwayne Bowe get from the Falcons in the passing game? Did they give their cornerbacks more help over the top and thus McCluster and Breaston had more room to work? I forgot to pay close attention to how the Falcons were gameplanning Bowe.

Atlanta is generally similar to us in that they play sides with their coverage guys. It wasn't necessarily that they paid extra attention to Bowe, as much as Bowe was usually covered by either Brent Grimes or Asante Samuel, who are both probably top 10 coverage corners. They didn't plan appropriately at all for McCluster though, and typically had one of Stephen Nicholas, Sean Weatherspoon, or Thomas DeCoud covering him in the slot. I don't think Atlanta realized yet that he really isn't a RB anymroe.

As for Breaston, Breaston was, in fact, targetted less than Bowe. Breaston mostly saw Grimes, until Grimes got hurt and they had Chris Owens on him a bit, but by that point the game was out of reach anyway, and the offense wasn't doing well.

Until teams start respecting McCluster with a quick CB or a S, I hope we keep throwing him the ball quite a bit.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the AP defensive gif'd earlier today (top of this page) and now we have the offensive one. He could have picked a number of other things to focus on but this will do I guess.

You can still see Cassel's limited field vision coming into play Sad Never takes advantage of coverage mistakes.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/13/3325546/gifd-up-chiefs-offense-vs-falcons-and-the-secret-weapon

Long live Eachus?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going to bring this up, I don't think it has been yet. I'm not a sky if falling type of guy, but I never expected us to finish 13-3 or anything crazy like that either.

Most if not all of us have mentioned our absolutely shocking lack of adjustments after the half by Romeo. If this continues throughout the year, at what point do we discuss the need for a DC to help Romeo out? Again I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I truly hope this doesn't become a trend where we are outcoached at the half.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/15/3337018/kansas-city-chiefs-front-seven-evaluation-week-1

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: