Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Jets Suck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: The Jets Suck? Reply with quote

Already the ESPN and Sport writing experts and commentators have the Jets already losing the entire season. Let me get something straight, the Jets may not have the "healthy or experienced" personnel to win the S.B. But this is a team that will not quit. Granted they have issues, Tebow didn't make matters easier with the circus that follows him around. But this is a team that if they can somehow put enough wins together with the defense it has to knock any team off in the first round or later. The issue will be if they can generate enough points to make it to that level. So for all the experts, kiss off. The Jets "were" a team built to win now. Since then they have turned a corner and they are rebuilding, starting with the defense which was old and slow. Next year I can see them going offense and grabbing some major players or two. Sanchez has to solidify his place as the Jets QB and leader. How the hell anyone can say who is going to have a bad season with the exception of the cellar dwellers year after year is beyond me. The Steelers were supposed to be lost without Big Ben, but they managed to hang on and make the playoffs. Gimme a break. I hope this team makes them eat their words and they have to show themselves to be nothing more than blow hards with no football knowledge in the least.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the problem, the media looks at this team and sees its offensive struggle in the preseason and assumes massive failure. If you look at the actual talent on this team and compare it to the schedule we have this season theres no reason to expect under 9 wins. I'll tell you one thing, opening up with a win against Buffalo is a MUST. I dont care if we loss to PITT and SF early on, but winning our 2 division games early in the year are so important because the schedule gets very easy after the NE games. Its definitely going to be a bumpy road to start, but we have pretty easy road games against JAX, TEN, SEA and STL. I honestly think its going to come down to buffalo in week 16 and could see us both being 9-6 going into that game fighting for 6th seed.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just become annoyed with the whole Tebow thing because it prevents actual critical analysis of the team as a whole.

Media members would sooner engage in absolutely absurd tracking of QB stats in training camp and look at the numbers without any semblance of context(a lot of injuries at receiver, skill of Jets defense, it's practice) than look at and analyze the entire team.

If someone asked me what I've heard about how Shonn Greene is performing in camp, or Dustin Keller, I honestly couldn't tell them. If they asked me if D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked like he had improved over his slump last season, I couldn't tell them that either. What to make of John Conner? Not a clue. What UDFAs have a shot to make the roster? Shrug of the shoulders.

Whereas five years ago it was cool to me whenever the Jets would be talked about on ESPN, but now I've basically just boycotted all of their NFL coverage because when it comes to the Jets they're only talking about one thing.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually love when everyone thinks the team is going to suck, the Jets seem to do better whenever there is doubt. When people expect something they do the opposite.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get through the first 5 weeks ok, we will make the playoffs. Our D is insane this year, and our offense will improve. The only thing that bothers me is the Tebow mess. I got us down as a 9-10 win team this year. On paper, the Bills might have the best defense in our division which is not saying much when you compare it to Miami's and NE's. We will be fine.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense should be in the top 3. If the offense can play top 20 and we play disciplined well coached football we should be able to manage 10 wins. And that should be good enough for a WC. Like others said we need to come out and smash Buffalo which we know we've done the past 3 years. But we can't underestimate them and the coaches need the team focused. Coaching will play a large role in this teams success/failure this season.

The core of these guys have been there before. They know what it takes. Lessons need to be learned from 2011.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
I actually love when everyone thinks the team is going to suck, the Jets seem to do better whenever there is doubt. When people expect something they do the opposite.
I'm with you [racial slur removed]. Haha I'm really happy people think the Jets are going to suck haha.

Jamison.'s Gallery
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I'm with you [racial slur removed]. Haha I'm really happy people think the Jets are going to suck haha.

Sad part is, if this offense ever works out, Tebow coming in sparatically in redzone, wildcat etc... your going to hear the commentators say "well we never said it was going to be bad we just said we will have to see" When frankly i hear everyone bashing the jets except for like gruden to be honest. I have no respect for guys that dont admit when they are wrong. I hope this team does succeed this year. Quite frankly i think the AFC east in particular has looked very bad this preseason. Maybe the worst in the league. Not that you can tell alot in preseason but the patriots have glaring weaknesses on the offensive line and secondary. I give them credit for buffing up the front and speeding up the linebackers but the secondary/oline are glaring weaknesses. I dont mean to say that they benefit the jets but part of me thinks the patriots will have a hard time beating the jets if the offensive line doesnt get better. As for the bills. This preseason i have heard about nothing but the emergence they will have in this division but quite frankly i dont think fitzpatrick is the guy anymore. Hes been nothing but mediocre at best and there defense looks good but again there secondary has got some new faces. But there offense is the key to their success and they just dont have the weapons. Basically with Revis shutting down Johnson, The bills will have to win by running the ball but can they do that? i think our team is just way to good stopping the run. So what happens when we stop the run, they rely on the other wide recievers and i just dont think they have the talent there. The dolphins are a whole other world at this point. There team has looked god awful this preseason. All credit to Tannehill who i think has looked semi good at times, they just have no talent for him to throw to. They wont run the ball either especially when teams realize they can throw two safeties in the box and play man all the way. Sadly i think the dolphins could be a tough team to beat with some big time wideouts. Thomas, Bush, Miller is one platoon of runningbacks with potential.

All in all every team has there weakness, the source of attention has been all year tebow. It pisses me off because i think our defense might be the best its ever been. But i really havent heard one word about it because of Tebow. We will see what happens but every team has problems right now, its just the fact that the media is making ours look like its detrimental to the world.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? I hardly read sports section anymore because it is abundantly clear that they have no intention in reporting stories that matter or have substance but are looking to post stories that that sell papers. I read the headlines and a few stories that catch my interest and a few reporters who do a good job. Other than that I don't really care.

Also stop watching E!SPN, it is beyond awful
perikirest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody's comment on CNBC made it very clear that Tebow was handcuffed to the Jets by this meddling owner.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Woody's comment on CNBC made it very clear that Tebow was handcuffed to the Jets by this meddling owner.

"You can never have enough Tebow."

Woody is a moron. He doesn't care about winning, as long as the Jets have the back page. The Tebow move was an attention grabber thats only a detriment to this team.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
perikirest wrote:

"You can never have enough Tebow."

Woody is a moron. He doesn't care about winning, as long as the Jets have the back page. The Tebow move was an attention grabber thats only a detriment to this team.

He wants both. He wants to make as much money as possible and win as many games as possible. There is no owner in the NFL (other than the Packers for obvious reason) that view making money as secondary, Woody comes from the same mold.
Davey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried as hard as I can to wish it weren't so, but when the owner comes out and says something so ridiculous as that than it's hard to ignore what is obvious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: