Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins claim former Cards CB Crezdon Butler
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Redskins claim former Cards CB Crezdon Butler Reply with quote

Quote:
#Redskins claimed former #Cardinals CB Crezdon Butler.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/241990654593478656
Tom Brady Tribute
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who? I assume he'll never suit up

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sure hope ,, and assume, he plays "teams".. Good speed 4.43
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifth corner. Okay, so be it.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude was a baller at Clemson. About 6'1 and runs a 4.4. He was projected a late 1st round pick after his junior year. His senior year he was only targeted 14 times and his stats sh** the bed. Don't know why exactly he fell to the 5th round but he has a much higher ceiling than Barnes and he was one of the DBs I wanted us to go after.

mike23md on the sig!
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dude was a baller at Clemson. About 6'1 and runs a 4.4. He was projected a late 1st round pick after his junior year. His senior year he was only targeted 14 times and his stats sh** the bed. Don't know why exactly he fell to the 5th round but he has a much higher ceiling than Barnes and he was one of the DBs I wanted us to go after.

Thanks! Totally believe you on Barnes comparison. Sounds similar to what this kid has been doing though if he couldn't catch on with 2 teams already.-- Decent attributes but can't produce on the NFL field. Maybe he can atleast blow up S teams or something.. But there has to be some reason he was only targeted 14 times after a great junior year...

I like having another young CB for them to work with, especially with Minnifield coming back next year. But really looks like we are going to have to lock up Wilson long-term (for when Hall/Griffin are gone) if we keep pulling "project" players and drafting late
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Thanks! Totally believe you on Barnes comparison. Sounds similar to what this kid has been doing though if he couldn't catch on with 2 teams already.-- Decent attributes but can't produce on the NFL field. Maybe he can atleast blow up S teams or something.. But there has to be some reason he was only targeted 14 times after a great junior year...

I like having another young CB for them to work with, especially with Minnifield coming back next year. But really looks like we are going to have to lock up Wilson long-term (for when Hall/Griffin are gone) if we keep pulling "project" players and drafting late

If Josh Wilson wants to stay, he should be re-signed. Looking at last year, he does a very good job of sticking with receivers. Obviously what he will get and if he is extended will depend on how DeAngelo performs this year.

Apparently Crezdon's a locker-room comedian, and one of the things that makes Shanahan a great coach is understanding what sort of personalities you need to create a competitive team and a good locker-room. Of course, that's my read on it.

Also was with Jarvis Jenkins at Clemson, so obviously there is a connection there. Evidently they think Raheem can make him into a football player rather than an athlete.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5933/crezdon-butler

Quote:
Redskins claimed CB Crezdon Butler off waivers from the Cardinals.
A fifth-round pick of the Steelers in 2010, Butler spent 2011 on injured reserve with the Cardinals. He will be a special teamer in Washington. Sep 1 - 3:57 PM
here is some scoop on Butler that I don't think has been reported. In 2011 he dislocated his ankle while playing in Arizona. I hope he's fully recovered from that. I guess he is because we chose to trade Barnes and cut Brandyn Thompson so we could sign Butler.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
A fifth-round pick of the Steelers in 2010, Butler spent 2011 on injured reserve with the Cardinals. He will be a special teamer in Washington. Sep 1 - 3:57 PM
here is some scoop on Butler that I don't think has been reported. In 2011 he dislocated his ankle while playing in Arizona. I hope he's fully recovered from that. I guess he is because we chose to trade Banks and cut Brandyn Thompson so we could sign Butler.

We traded Banks....YES!

Oh, you mean AAA - thinking about someone an awful lot? Just razzing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
here is some scoop on Butler that I don't think has been reported. In 2011 he dislocated his ankle while playing in Arizona. I hope he's fully recovered from that. I guess he is because we chose to trade Banks and cut Brandyn Thompson so we could sign Butler.

We traded Banks....YES!

Embarassed actually, I meant Barnes smarty pants! Wink

We traded Barnes and cut Thompson to sign someone who dislocated his ankle last year and only played in one game. I'm hoping they did all their homework and he's back to 100%, I'm sure they did but his injury history is a major concern. Dislocating your ankle is a serious injury. Remember when Jansen did it va Miami? It was disgusting and he was screaming

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

We traded Banks....YES!

We traded Barnes and cut Thompson to sign someone ho dislocated his ankle last year and only played in one game. I'm hoping they did all their homework and he's back to 100%, I'm sure they did but his injury history is a major concern. Dislocating your ankle is a serious injury. Remember when Jansen did it va Miami? It was disgusting and he was screaming

I actually recorded the AZ/DEN game so I could watch him. Did not get to see too many snaps of him in coverage as Denver ran the ball a ton in the fourth quarter (Fox). Played off-man about 9 yards deep almost exclusively, and was hesitant on two plays where he could have stopped the gain if he had acted earlier. It seems like he has yet to mentally recover from his injury.

Will need to work on staying low in his backpedal, particularly in the first two steps, and generally needs work on his technique - Raheem seems like a coach who enjoys projects and likes guys with character.

Crezdon will flourish or he'll flounder. Don't expect anything until later in the season though, if anything this year. Long-term project.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

We traded Banks....YES!

We traded Barnes and cut Thompson to sign someone ho dislocated his ankle last year and only played in one game. I'm hoping they did all their homework and he's back to 100%, I'm sure they did but his injury history is a major concern. Dislocating your ankle is a serious injury. Remember when Jansen did it va Miami? It was disgusting and he was screaming

I actually recorded the AZ/DEN game so I could watch him. Did not get to see too many snaps of him in coverage as Denver ran the ball a ton in the fourth quarter (Fox). Played off-man about 9 yards deep almost exclusively, and was hesitant on two plays where he could have stopped the gain if he had acted earlier. It seems like he has yet to mentally recover from his injury.

Will need to work on staying low in his backpedal, particularly in the first two steps, and generally needs work on his technique - Raheem seems like a coach who enjoys projects and likes guys with character.

Crezdon will flourish or he'll flounder. Don't expect anything until later in the season though, if anything this year. Long-term project.
Yeah well that's all well in good but we still dumped two other young DBs who had been with us in the past and knew our defense. I'm still not sure I agree with this roster move.

footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah well that's all well in good but we still dumped two other young DBs who had been with us in the past and knew our defense. I'm still not sure I agree with this roster move.

Barnes was not progressing here - we both wanted it to happen but it did not. You have to keep progressing as a team, when there is stagnancy you have to move on. Crawford showed more potential in one preseason than Barnes showed in three years. So, props to the scouting staff and draft decision makers for identifying him.

As for Brandyn Thompson, there are clearly reasons that he was kicked out the door. As I, and others, commented during the pre-season, he gained a good midsection. Thompson had the opportunity to take a spot this season as there were some openings. He has the opportunity to earn hundreds of thousands more this season by being on a roster and he showed up out of shape. That is telling - when it matters, he is not going to show up. That may not be true, per se, but that's the impression he gave.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There HAS to be a better option for us that this stiff.. His only attribute seems to be speed--and that was BEFORE he blew out his ankle so who knows now.
I actually like Travon Bellamy in that last pre-season game for us #40.. Got totally lost once but came back and showed good coverage on a coupla plays. Very athletic looking build-- strong looking at 5'11" 205.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland dumped 2011 3rd-Rounder Demarcus Van Dyke today...kinda wish we waited a little longer and got this guy.

mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: