Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horton On Fleming: "I Need Him To Grow Up"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Horton On Fleming: "I Need Him To Grow Up" Reply with quote

Rookie cornerback Jamell Fleming, however, is apparently in a totally different place. The third-round pick was a healthy scratch last week, and Horton said after Fleming was excellent early in the season (most notably in New England) his play fell off and thus, so did his playing time.

“I need him to grow-up, mature and be professional and in my opinion he’s not at that point yet,” Horton said bluntly. “He came in and was very productive, very productive in the New England game. I think he had a sense of lull or complacency. I talked to him about that. I think he probably thought, ‘There is nothing to this league, I don’t have to prepare, I don’t have to study, I don’t have to challenge myself.’ And you really do, every day, or you get run by.”

Fleming said his reaction was just to do what Horton said

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/12/14/horton-doesnt-want-to-forget-seattle-and-flemings-struggle/

Talk about an eye opener. Thoughts on this revelation guys?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Horton On Fleming: "I Need Him To Grow Up" Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Rookie cornerback Jamell Fleming, however, is apparently in a totally different place. The third-round pick was a healthy scratch last week, and Horton said after Fleming was excellent early in the season (most notably in New England) his play fell off and thus, so did his playing time.

“I need him to grow-up, mature and be professional and in my opinion he’s not at that point yet,” Horton said bluntly. “He came in and was very productive, very productive in the New England game. I think he had a sense of lull or complacency. I talked to him about that. I think he probably thought, ‘There is nothing to this league, I don’t have to prepare, I don’t have to study, I don’t have to challenge myself.’ And you really do, every day, or you get run by.”

Fleming said his reaction was just to do what Horton said

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/12/14/horton-doesnt-want-to-forget-seattle-and-flemings-struggle/

Talk about an eye opener. Thoughts on this revelation guys?


That Fleming needs to spend his off season with Patrick Peterson. Horton doesn't mess around. The guy was a third round pick and needs to be ready to take over opposite PP next year.

Our depth will be tested with MA and Toler likely gone.

Gay, Fleming Peterson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7212
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugggggghhhhhh....

"Fleming said his reaction was just to do what Horton said. Asked if he too thought he had become complacent, Fleming said “You could say that. I don’t know if I would say that myself, but something like that.”

That is disappointing to hear. The opposite of this is Bobbie Massie who was complacent at the beginning of the season, but after getting worked over in his first few games saw the need to actually prepare and study his opponent and is now doing better. That is what we need Fleming to do, especially since he has the ability to a legitimate starter for us.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2359
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid of this. Doesn't really sound like he is taking responsibility for this, yet. He's young and can certainly take this and make it into something very positive. Being taken under PP's wing certainly couldn't hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighMotorGuy


Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 577
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a future head coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12774
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
This sounds like a future head coach


He will be barring a 2-1 finish...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Horton On Fleming: "I Need Him To Grow Up" Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Rookie cornerback Jamell Fleming, however, is apparently in a totally different place. The third-round pick was a healthy scratch last week, and Horton said after Fleming was excellent early in the season (most notably in New England) his play fell off and thus, so did his playing time.

“I need him to grow-up, mature and be professional and in my opinion he’s not at that point yet,” Horton said bluntly. “He came in and was very productive, very productive in the New England game. I think he had a sense of lull or complacency. I talked to him about that. I think he probably thought, ‘There is nothing to this league, I don’t have to prepare, I don’t have to study, I don’t have to challenge myself.’ And you really do, every day, or you get run by.”

Fleming said his reaction was just to do what Horton said

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/12/14/horton-doesnt-want-to-forget-seattle-and-flemings-struggle/

Talk about an eye opener. Thoughts on this revelation guys?


That Fleming needs to spend his off season with Patrick Peterson. Horton doesn't mess around. The guy was a third round pick and needs to be ready to take over opposite PP next year.

Our depth will be tested with MA and Toler likely gone.

Gay, Fleming Peterson.


Bolded: Justin Bethel.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
This sounds like a future head coach


Eh. This is just Horton's way, did the same thing last year to AJ Jefferson. Speaking of which, we shipped AJ out...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7212
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
HighMotorGuy wrote:
This sounds like a future head coach


Eh. This is just Horton's way, did the same thing last year to AJ Jefferson. Speaking of which, we shipped AJ out...


In all fairness, it was either him or Toler, and Toler isn't known to be a knucklehead.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group