Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2012 College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, to kind of add on to that, Champ is it too early to start a 2013 QB prospects thread? Just to kind of condence that material, because honestly I don't know a lot about this year's crop other than Geno and Barkley, neither of whom will be Cardinals. (you'd have to think)

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Also, to kind of add on to that, Champ is it too early to start a 2013 QB prospects thread? Just to kind of condence that material, because honestly I don't know a lot about this year's crop other than Geno and Barkley, neither of whom will be Cardinals. (you'd have to think)

You don't really want to go much further. I like Dysert and Nassib, but neither of those guys are top quality prospects. I really like Tyler Wilson, but there are the head injury issues.

Outside of those five really there is not much point spending a draft pick on someone who is not better than what we already have on the roster.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

You don't really want to go much further. I like Dysert and Nassib, but neither of those guys are top quality prospects. I really like Tyler Wilson, but there are the head injury issues.

Outside of those five really there is not much point spending a draft pick on someone who is not better than what we already have on the roster.

Would you stick with Kolb then and build up the offensive line and continue to improve the defense?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Would you stick with Kolb then and build up the offensive line and continue to improve the defense?

I don't really know right now. I know the offensive line needs work but if we are picking at say 14-18 I would have a tough time passing on a Wilson (Pending medical reports) and a Barkley were they available.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

I don't really know right now. I know the offensive line needs work but if we are picking at say 14-18 I would have a tough time passing on a Wilson (Pending medical reports) and a Barkley were they available.

Agreed. However, with the way things are going, I think a top 10 pick is inevitable.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Agreed. However, with the way things are going, I think a top 10 pick is inevitable.

I'd say with the way we're playing and our remaining schedule, we're a lock for the top 8.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

You don't think Barkley will go top 5? I know he hasn't been spectular this year but I'd take him #5 without hesitation and I don't even love him as a prospect. I think he'll be a franchise QB though. Already a 4 year starter in college and a pro style offense.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley will go high, teams reach on QBs, see Gabbert.

I am keen for Jones should he fall, back and all
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take away pass rushing is Jarvis Jones better than Von Miller? Is he a more complete player is what I'm asking...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
If you take away pass rushing is Jarvis Jones better than Von Miller? Is he a more complete player is what I'm asking...

I would say yes but Jones isn't near the pass rusher Miller is IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true Champ

Still both quality players who can dominate games, never have enough of those on your team.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I would say yes but Jones isn't near the pass rusher Miller is IMO.

Miller was the best pass rusher maybe of the last decade. His burst coming out was incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
That is true Champ

Still both quality players who can dominate games, never have enough of those on your team.

Bolded: Absolutely. We'd be lucky to have a guy like Jones, if the whole spinal stenosis thing checks out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was anyone else watching Arkansas-USC right now? DJ Swearinger committed two personal fouls for 15 yards than intercepts the ball for a TD, than he gets another personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct for another 15 yards. That was amazing haha.

Justo on the sig
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, A&M jumps out to an early 14-0 lead.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: