Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RODRIGUEZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC. Reply with quote

I'm glad that he'll be out of KC as he is the only receiver I worry about when we play the Chiefs twice a year, I've always been a fan of his although he played for KC.

With that said I wouldn't mind us trading a mid round pick for him and possibly a player or two. But I doubt that KC trades him away to a division rival.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/17/report-dwayne-bowe-wants-out-of-kansas-city-very-badly/

Thoughts?
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt they'd trade him to us. Even if they were willing, I wouldnt do it. We have alot of holes, and WR isnt really one of them.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
early43

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHB for Bowe straight up
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gonna end up here. Al Davis ain't running the show any more, and even if he was, it wouldn't happen.

Would be good to see him leave KC though.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I highly doubt they'd trade him to us. Even if they were willing, I wouldnt do it. We have alot of holes, and WR isnt really one of them.

Moore and um..... uh.... let's see..... um....... I know this........hold on.......uh.......

The Raiders don't have a #1. They have Moore who's a #2 right now and a bunch of 3's and 4's without a slot receiver. Hagan is second best right now. The Raiders could use some life at WR, not that I want Bowe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
DHB for Bowe straight up

McKenzie would do that, Pioli never would.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Absolutely agree. I don't want any part of him. He's a pretty good WR and someone could definitely benefit from him more than we could.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Never gonna end up here. Al Davis ain't running the show any more, and even if he was, it wouldn't happen.

LOL I wouldn't actually say that's true. We'd be down a third this next off-season and a first the following off-season.. that would be my guess.

PM sig requests.
RODRIGUEZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

I too doubt that they trade him to us but the only other position aside from CB that needs to be badly upgraded that I could think of is WR, MAYBE safety. Defenses are constantly loading up the box with 8 due to the fact that other then Moore none of our WR's have that deep threat ability that Bowe could provide, DHB isn't much of a threat to opposing defenses but Bowe on the other hand has gained the respect of D-coordinators when it comes to game planning.

With that said, getting an extra safety up there should open up the run game and halp DMC get out of this funk he's in...
RODRIGUEZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Moore and um..... uh.... let's see..... um....... I know this........hold on.......uh.......

The Raiders don't have a #1. They have Moore who's a #2 right now and a bunch of 3's and 4's without a slot receiver. Hagan is second best right now. The Raiders could use some life at WR, not that I want Bowe.

I still think that DHB is better then Hagan although I really don't consider anybody on our roster a true #1 WR.
RODRIGUEZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Absolutely agree. I don't want any part of him. He's a pretty good WR and someone could definitely benefit from him more than we could.

You don't want any part of arguably the best WR in the AFC West??

I'll take him if it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg like Palmer did!
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

LOL I wouldn't actually say that's true. We'd be down a third this next off-season and a first the following off-season.. that would be my guess.

Well, I think it would be more likely to happen if Al was still with us, but would still rate it as a very, very slim chance. KC would need an awful lot in the way of compensation to send a good player our way.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RODRIGUEZ wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

No more trading picks away, I've had it.

We only want to trade them away because our picks have sucked so bad that we forgot they have value. When you use them on good players, not far reaching projects and bad trades.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RODRIGUEZ wrote:

I too doubt that they trade him to us but the only other position aside from CB that needs to be badly upgraded that I could think of is WR, MAYBE safety.

What? Our Gs aren't very good. Our TEs aren't any better than our WRs. We have no starting caliber RT. Our DEs don't provide much of a pass rush. Our DTs are either old or unproven. WR is way down the priority list. Moore is on pace for a 1000 yards, DHB would be a fine #2, Streater and Hagan are reliable depth players. Criner is only potential. And we have Ford on IR. There re few positions on this team where we have decent starters and solid depth. WR is one of them.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
RODRIGUEZ wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

No more trading picks away, I've had it.

We only want to trade them away because our picks have sucked so bad that we forgot they have value. When you use them on good players, not far reaching projects and bad trades.

+1. I remember somebody on this board saying draft picks are basically lottery tickets. This team is gonna rebuild through the draft. Reggie's cheap free agents (excluding Wheeler, Bartell, and Spencer) haven't done much. Drafting players that fit Allen and Tarver's scheme, better blocking playmakers on offense.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: