Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams trade WR Greg Salas to Pats for late rounder in 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there goes Salas' HOF career with the Rams jrry promised me.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much know your basically worthless when your traded for a late round pick, 3 drafts away.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
You pretty much know your basically worthless when your traded for a late round pick, 3 drafts away.

yeah, if you do the math at home it values him at actually pretty close to nothing in terms of trade value
JAD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
Salas was 3rd string slot WR on one of the worst teams in modern history. That's not going to get you very far.

Yes Salas was a 3rd string wide reciever..as a rookie ..coming out of the Hawaii offense. I don't think that's that bad.

I was/am certainly not the biggest Salas supporter.. but he is a young player with upside. He isn't a burner, but he is physical, and I think this is a good trade for the pats.

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Wes Welker 2.0

no even close... maybe danny amendola

Welker had hardly done anything in Miami before he was traded to the Pats...just sayin'.

welker had about 90 catches and 1000 yards in his two seasons with dolphins with Harrington and gus furreotte throwing him the ball... salas couldn't make the starting lineup on the worst wrs in the nfl... but hey he could go to the pats and be a multiple probowler

and this wouldnt even be a topic if salas was claimed on waivers just becayse it says trade ppl think "championship"
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Wes Welker 2.0

Welker had hardly done anything in Miami before he was traded to the Pats...just sayin'.

welker had about 90 catches and 1000 yards in his two seasons with dolphins with Harrington and gus furreotte throwing him the ball... salas couldn't make the starting lineup on the worst wrs in the nfl... but hey he could go to the pats and be a multiple probowler

and this wouldnt even be a topic if salas was claimed on waivers just becayse it says trade ppl think "championship"

Salas caught 27 balls in 6 games in his rookie year (a pace to catch 72). Wes Welker caught 29 passes his first 2 seasons in the league.

Not really comparing the two as WR's, but ignoring that Salas had a lot of production in very limited time last year is pretty silly. Had he stayed healthy, he probably would have eclipsed the first 2.5 years of Welker's career.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salas will be a really slot WR. He was just stuck behind Amendola and Smith, 2 really good ones.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Wes Welker 2.0

Salas caught 27 balls in 6 games in his rookie year (a pace to catch 72). Wes Welker caught 29 passes his first 2 seasons in the league.

Not really comparing the two as WR's, but ignoring that Salas had a lot of production in very limited time last year is pretty silly. Had he stayed healthy, he probably would have eclipsed the first 2.5 years of Welker's career.

kinda hard to catch a pass if ur only KO/PR duties ur rookie year wouldnt u think?
but the guy could become a all pro seeing as he will have brady throwing to him and if he actually thinks when he plays with the pats
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:

kinda hard to catch a pass if ur only KO/PR duties ur rookie year wouldnt u think?
but the guy could become a all pro seeing as he will have brady throwing to him and if he actually thinks when he plays with the pats

So what "ur" saying is that Salas was a better player in his rookie year than Welker. Because Salas, unlike Welker, won himself a job where he could catch 27 passes in 6 games.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol 2015 Confused Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Im surprised only one person has said it...

2015! Laughing

Love how just because the pats signed him hes going to be all pro!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got ripped off. I'm seriously mad right now. If they trade Fletcher too, I'll be livid. The Patriots just got a major steal and I won't be a bit surprised if Salas ends up becoming a darn solid WR for them.

The guy just gets open. He's not going to beat you deep but he works extremely well over the middle, is very explosive in and out of his cuts and consistently separates. He'll drop a pass now and then because he'll try to run before securing it but he has really good hands. Also is a good YAC WR.

We got ripped off. Patriots enjoy having another guy that Brady can use to tear teams up on short to intermediate routes. I'm so mad right now. Mad

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Wes Welker 2.0

It would be a topic because I'd be freaking pizzed.

Salas had 22 catches in 4 games before getting hurt. He couldn't make the starting line-up? He was one of the few guys contributing at WR for that chunk of the season.

It wouldn't shock me at all if he went to the Pats and put up really nice numbers if given the PT. What he does well fits perfectly into what Brady and their offense like to do.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:

Love how just because the pats signed him hes going to be all pro!

Literally no one in this thread, or on the Patriots forum (and I don't think on the Rams forum either) has said this.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've thought if the Pats were targeting any Rams WRs, it would be Brandon Gibson or Austin Pettis, but I guess Pettis was non-negotiable and the Pats didn't like Gibson much.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: