Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Chargers, Bills CB Drayton Florence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18154
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions don't have anyone else right now, so it's a very solid signing for them. It's better than what they currently have due to injuries and what not. But, it will take another offseason or two to make the secondary truly competitive. Right now it's scary bad. The offense is going to have to score a ton of points.
_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheROARisBACK


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 3451
Location: Motor City
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
this is a panic move
How?


Yeah, because picking up a player off wires is the first sign of panicing Laughing
_________________
Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18063
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
this is a panic move
How?


Yeah, because picking up a player off wires is the first sign of panicing Laughing


I actually agree. It is a panic move. After what the FO seen out of our secondary in the preseason, I would bet that they are freaked out about going into the season looking like that and seeing a washed up vet hit the waivers, they are saying they need to give it a shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
If they can get Tim Hightower along with this guy they did a very good job!! Good signing


It would be ideal, but Florence alone is a step in the right direction. Very nice pick up for the Lions.


Florence is horrible with no upside, how is a he a step in the right direction?


Better then any other Viking DB. Calvin is going to be licking his chops playing the Vikings this year!!!!!
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 7835
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid signing.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was absolutely awful while in Denver... In both practices and the pre-season games. Just because he's an established name doesn't mean he is any good. He was getting punked by guys who didn't even make final rosters.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
If they can get Tim Hightower along with this guy they did a very good job!! Good signing


It would be ideal, but Florence alone is a step in the right direction. Very nice pick up for the Lions.


Florence is horrible with no upside, how is a he a step in the right direction?


Better then any other Viking DB. Calvin is going to be licking his chops playing the Vikings this year!!!!!


Lulz no.

Florence is another player living off a name rather than talent at this point. I like the signing for us simply because he does have more talent than most of our secondary but I doubt he does much with us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 20721
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can do well for us. He seems to do what we want, so that's good.
_________________


CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 5520
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I think he can do well for us. He seems to do what we want, so that's good.


Not gonna happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 20721
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I think he can do well for us. He seems to do what we want, so that's good.


Not gonna happen.
Well, darn.
_________________


CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 17521
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Couldnt hurt...


Yes he could. All he does is commit penalties. He really hurt is with stupid defensive holding penalties and pass interfering penalties. That is the only way he can stop players now. He hurts the team more than helps.

One thing though, he has always had an up and down career. One season he is great, the next he can't cover anyone without commiting a penalty.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 5875
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Couldnt hurt...


Yes he could. All he does is commit penalties. He really hurt is with stupid defensive holding penalties and pass interfering penalties. That is the only way he can stop players now. He hurts the team more than helps.

One thing though, he has always had an up and down career. One season he is great, the next he can't cover anyone without commiting a penalty.


He is a decent press man-coverage player if supplemented with a good pass rush. If your pass rush sucks though he will be committing defensive holding on receivers every 4th play. I honestly don't even know how he doesn't get called for it more then he does. He mugs receivers. He is decent in run support though. With the lions defensive line he could have a bounce back season but just be really wary. The dude lacks the talent to EVER cover a #1 receiver and he struggles with 2's and 3's to the point that he goes back to his mugging style.





OH AND NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER EXPECT HIM TO BE ANYTHING SHORT OF ABYSMAL IN ZONE.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EMG58


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 154
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
He was absolutely awful while in Denver... In both practices and the pre-season games. Just because he's an established name doesn't mean he is any good. He was getting punked by guys who didn't even make final rosters.


Yup this. He struggled the most against quicker WRs. It's gonna suck if he covers harvin or any of the packers WRs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33827
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted him last year Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take him and put Jonte Green on Practice squad to develop
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group