Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Waiver/FA signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
we have a franchise player in Pryor

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
AHAHA
HA

I support Pryor, hope for the best, and have faith that he will at the very least improve in a year or two, but franchise player!?!?!?! Pryor is nowhere near that staus and honestly probably never will be. He definatly deserves some time to improve before passing final judgement, but the odds of him becoming a starter, let alone star, are overwhelmingly against him.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
They need to sign Kellen Winslow and cut Gordon.

We are not cutting Richard Gordon.

Why not he has dropped to 3rd in TE's, they haven't updated the depth chart yet.

Nope. He isn't even close to being dropped to our 3rd TE.

They need a play maker at TE it doesn't look like any of these TE's are going to be that I could be wrong.

You see a play maker out there right now that plays TE for the taking?

Winslow? 3 catches this preseason. Seattle and Tampa both passed him off. What's that tell you.

Cooley. Can he regain form?

Everybody see Gronk, Graham, Hernandez, etc and want that fad TE target now. A good football team can get the most out if it's players. Look at the Giants. Boss, Ballard, etc. are not 'play making' TEs, but they make plays for their QB.

Yes, we all want that BOOM TE production, but you draft that. You don't magically find it sitting in FA.

Love me some Tyler Eifert from ND. Depending on team needs at the end of the year he could be on our short lists come draft time. Though Jarvis Jones the OLB from Georgia, is the guy that I want in the draft but I expect him to be out of reach. He's my man crush prospect for next year.

Yeah, Eifert looked good last season, and should be on our short list if we're targeting a TE. The Fighting Irish didn't miss a beat at the TE position when Kyle Rudolph left for the Draft and Eifert took over.
But if we're going to switch to a 3/4 defense, I'm thinking we should take a LOOOOONG look at his teammate Manti T'eo, who (combined with McClain, Curry, Burris, Goethel, and Wheeler) would make our LB core one of the best in the AFC West.

I havent looked too deeply into the prospects for next year, and without seeing how our team performs this year I feel it is way too early to declare what I believe to be our greatest need for next year's draft. That being said, I would love to have a LB like T'eo.

I just have a feeling we will have greater needs come April that would prevent us from using a 1st on a LB. Either Seymour or Kelly are most likely going to be shown the door. Of course, we have Bryant and Houston who can take that spot, although that may leave a hole at the DE position. CB is surley going to be an issue, as with RT. Depending on how they like Palmer this year they could also use an early pick on an eventual replacement at QB.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
reddevil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
They need to sign Kellen Winslow and cut Gordon.

We are not cutting Richard Gordon.

Why not he has dropped to 3rd in TE's, they haven't updated the depth chart yet.

Nope. He isn't even close to being dropped to our 3rd TE.

They need a play maker at TE it doesn't look like any of these TE's are going to be that I could be wrong.

You see a play maker out there right now that plays TE for the taking?

Winslow? 3 catches this preseason. Seattle and Tampa both passed him off. What's that tell you.

Cooley. Can he regain form?

Everybody see Gronk, Graham, Hernandez, etc and want that fad TE target now. A good football team can get the most out if it's players. Look at the Giants. Boss, Ballard, etc. are not 'play making' TEs, but they make plays for their QB.

Yes, we all want that BOOM TE production, but you draft that. You don't magically find it sitting in FA.

Love me some Tyler Eifert from ND. Depending on team needs at the end of the year he could be on our short lists come draft time. Though Jarvis Jones the OLB from Georgia, is the guy that I want in the draft but I expect him to be out of reach. He's my man crush prospect for next year.

Yeah, Eifert looked good last season, and should be on our short list if we're targeting a TE. The Fighting Irish didn't miss a beat at the TE position when Kyle Rudolph left for the Draft and Eifert took over.
But if we're going to switch to a 3/4 defense, I'm thinking we should take a LOOOOONG look at his teammate Manti T'eo, who (combined with McClain, Curry, Burris, Goethel, and Wheeler) would make our LB core one of the best in the AFC West.

I havent looked too deeply into the prospects for next year, and without seeing how our team performs this year I feel it is way too early to declare what I believe to be our greatest need for next year's draft. That being said, I would love to have a LB like T'eo.

I just have a feeling we will have greater needs come April that would prevent us from using a 1st on a LB. Either Seymour or Kelly are most likely going to be shown the door. Of course, we have Bryant and Houston who can take that spot, although that may leave a hole at the DE position. CB is surley going to be an issue, as with RT. Depending on how they like Palmer this year they could also use an early pick on an eventual replacement at QB.

Would love me some T'eo, especially if we go 3-4, but agree with the needs you suggest. For me it's CB, RT or bonifide pass-rusher if one is available.
true2form

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/09/07/wisniewski-parsons-battling-for-starting-job/

I'm putting this here because we waived Brandon Underwood due to injury. Might be the move we made for Hagan.

Also a good read about Parsons and Wiz battling for the starting gig. Wiz is the better player, but Parsons has had all of the reps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: