Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73729
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
VD, I'm headed your way in a little over a week.

huh, whut? i'm on the east side now.

where you headed?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6748
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Klomp wrote:
VD, I'm headed your way in a little over a week.

huh, whut? i'm on the east side now.

where you headed?


More central, south of Great Falls
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73729
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ that's still HUNDREDS of miles from me, dude. Montana is a big state, big. the only three states with more land mass are Alaska, Texas, and California.

there are entire counties in this state with more cattle than people!

Laughing
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
^ that's still HUNDREDS of miles from me, dude. Montana is a big state, big. the only three states with more land mass are Alaska, Texas, and California.

there are entire counties in this state with more cattle than people!

Laughing



Montana is purdy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24691
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your avatar is purdy.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73729
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddle faster, i hear banjos...
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Your avatar is purdy.


They are adding a 4th member so it's going to get even purdy-er
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6748
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
^ that's still HUNDREDS of miles from me, dude. Montana is a big state, big. the only three states with more land mass are Alaska, Texas, and California.

there are entire counties in this state with more cattle than people!

Laughing


Trust me, I know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading all the predictions that have the Vikings not doing well this year and it made me wonder when was the last time an NFL MVP and his team failed to make the playoffs the following season.

Just looking at the list my guess would be sometime in the 1980's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 1968
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Reading all the predictions that have the Vikings not doing well this year and it made me wonder when was the last time an NFL MVP and his team failed to make the playoffs the following season.

Just looking at the list my guess would be sometime in the 1980's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award


The Broncos were 6-10 in 1999, the year after John Elway won MVP.
The Rams went 7-9 in 2002, the year after Kurt Warner won MVP.
The Raiders went 4-12 in 2003, the year after Rich Gannon won MVP.

Common thread is older QBs. Gannon lost a step, Warner did too but later regained it, Elway retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Reading all the predictions that have the Vikings not doing well this year and it made me wonder when was the last time an NFL MVP and his team failed to make the playoffs the following season.

Just looking at the list my guess would be sometime in the 1980's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award


The Broncos were 6-10 in 1999, the year after John Elway won MVP.
The Rams went 7-9 in 2002, the year after Kurt Warner won MVP.
The Raiders went 4-12 in 2003, the year after Rich Gannon won MVP.

Common thread is older QBs. Gannon lost a step, Warner did too but later regained it, Elway retired.


Nice work. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39982
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss working with Joe Buck Laughing
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6748
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where you can catch the game tonight, as well as weeks 2 and 4


Vikings broadcast (Paul Allen, Pete Bercich):
KARE 11 (NBC Minneapolis)
WDIO 10/13 (ABC Duluth)
KTTC 10.2 (CW Rochester MN)
KVRR 15 (FOX Fargo ND)
KNDX 26 (FOX Bismarck ND)
KXND 24 (FOX Minot ND)
KSFY 13 (ABC Sioux Falls SD)
KOTA 3 (ABC Rapid City SD)
KPTH 44 (FOX Sioux City IA)
KCCI 8.2 (MeTV- Des Moines)
KGAN 2 (CBS Cedar Rapids IA)
WKBT 8 (CBS La Crosse WI)
WISC 3 (CBS Madison WI)
WHBF 4 (CBS Rock Island IL)
KETV 7 (ABC Omaha)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleNation22


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 404
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this so I thought this would work best.

Was this the year that the league was going to force all players to where knee pads? I thought that was coming up this year, or is that a college thing? Just a random thought on my slow Friday at work.. Brick wall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24691
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
Wasn't sure where to put this so I thought this would work best.

Was this the year that the league was going to force all players to where knee pads? I thought that was coming up this year, or is that a college thing? Just a random thought on my slow Friday at work.. Brick wall

Yup, knee and thigh pads.

Some coaches, like Bill Belichick, aren't requiring them for practice, but others, like Rob Chudzinski, are.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 50 of 102

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group