Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73810
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, guys, music has been around for more than 30 years.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 12704
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
since72 wrote:
What is the greatest song ever? (Any era, any style)

Beethoven's 9th Symphony


Can you even call that a "song"?

It's an artistic composition IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 1437
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
you know, guys, music has been around for more than 30 years.


Hush old man or you're going into a home


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17873
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I probably lurk this forum more than any other team-specific forum that isn't my own. Good stuff over here, more often than not.

Keep it up.


_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 5995
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since72 wrote:
What is the greatest song ever? (Any era, any style)


For me personally, many songs could claim that title. I think my Top 5 would be something like (in no particular order):

"Purple Rain" by Prince
"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd
"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson

So very hard to choose though.

* Honorable Mention: "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones
_________________
“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 1437
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Rain is a great one. Can't argue that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SodakViking


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 1656
Location: 605
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me sad.

Rite of Spring

Firebird Suite

Brahms Op. 118, No. 2
_________________


yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingChop


Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we discuss games when there actually being played on here? there are hardly any Viking fans where I live and I just want to talk with other people who share the same interests as me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73810
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
do we discuss games when there actually being played on here? there are hardly any Viking fans where I live and I just want to talk with other people who share the same interests as me

every week we have both a pre-game lead up discussion, and an actual live Game Day discussion while the game is being played. even post-game discussion too.

so yes, there is a LOT of specific game related activity and chatter every week.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingChop


Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
do we discuss games when there actually being played on here? there are hardly any Viking fans where I live and I just want to talk with other people who share the same interests as me

every week we have both a pre-game lead up discussion, and an actual live Game Day discussion while the game is being played. even post-game discussion too.

so yes, there is a LOT of specific game related activity and chatter every week.


cool Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 12704
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE "Into the Mystic". Great song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 5995
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I LOVE "Into the Mystic". Great song.


It's so sad that Van Morrison will always be remembered for "Brown Eye Girl".

I also want to add "Helpless" by Crosby Stills Nash and Young to my list lol.
_________________
“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22739
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
do we discuss games when there actually being played on here? there are hardly any Viking fans where I live and I just want to talk with other people who share the same interests as me

every week we have both a pre-game lead up discussion, and an actual live Game Day discussion while the game is being played. even post-game discussion too.

so yes, there is a LOT of specific game related activity and chatter every week.


cool Smile


Here's an example for you Chop.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=533846
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12344
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
I can't articulate my distaste for Journey.




I feel the same way about Rush, Pink Floyd and the Doors but for some reason people still love them.


I'm with you on Rush, and the Doors.

I am however a big David Gilmour fan.

Also Lucille by BB King is a personal favorite of mine.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2778
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are talking classical music...Mozart's Requiem Mass, it will break your heart it's so beautiful; and Beethoven's Moonlight Serenade...the softer side of Beethoven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 94 of 102

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group